Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "So here's how my exam today went..." thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭jacko1

teddy b123 wrote: »
    an appeal is way too expensive :O

probably best just emailing the guy on the bottom of p1 of the appeals form

http://www.ucc.ie/en/exams/results/appeals/Exams-Appeals-Form-2011.pdf

an appeal costs nothing if it's upheld !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭.E_C_K_S.

Lads I posted quotes from e-mails that I shouldn't have and I had to remove them which is fair enough.
    The lecturer himself has become aware of the situation and will now bring it up with the external exam board. Took a bit of work though which is unfortunate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Had PY4105 (Atomic & Molecular Physics) today.
    It was beautiful! :D Made one small silly mistake but it was only worth a few marks. Definitely my nicest exam this year.

Only three to go now. Then FREEDOM!

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Dynamical systems was horrible - one question that was never covered in our notes at all. Think I did enough to pass it with the first two questions, honestly don't know

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭sleepyescapade

Had Artificial Intelligence exam today. Blah. Hard to say the outcome really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Censorsh!t

Coastal Geomorphology today!

Went in yesterday for it only to realise "wait a minute...i recognise nobody!"

I was really dreading this one, but went pretty okay!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭Byron85

Had Sociology of Health and Illness today. It went pretty well and I can't complain.

That was my sixth exam this week, with three more next week starting on Wednesday. For now though, time to relax.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

Had MS2005 (Discrete Maths) today which went okay. Definitely passed it anyway.

The only problem was this constant chatter going out which sounded like it was coming outside. You could see the invigilators opening the door and looking outside to see where the noise was coming from. Nobody was out there apparently . . . spooky.

Two to go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Snap, another Discrete Maths attendant. Quite a nice paper, really, very fair. It helped that the lecturer had been really helpful over the year, explaining things and being straightforward and showing you where you went wrong and how not to do it again and such. I didn't see him all through the exam though, which was a shame as I really had an important question about Q4 that resulted in me either doing it perfectly, or completely incorrectly. Still, a comfortable pass, I'm pretty sure.

Oh well. It was a damn sight better than the Probability/Statistics exam before it. If not for the course code I'd almost have sworn I'd been given the wrong paper. If anything causes me to fail this course, it'll be that bloody subject. Nobody sounded happy about it. Rather the opposite.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Our lecturer has been sent a barrage of emails from my class over yesterday's exam, do not think that one out of the whole class was happy with the exam, because of the final two questions, but especially the last not being covered at all in the notes

• Advertisement

PY4112 (Gravitation & Cosmology) - went pretty well.

Still two more to go. :( WHY WON'T THEY END???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭Papa_Lazarou

Had bc3005 today immunology. Probably one of the fairest papers i've ever done. Did one very good question and then regretted doing the other one half way through but still got a good bit done for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

HI3082 Armadas: The Anglo-Spanish conflict 1580-1602 today.

Went well. I'm pleased with it. The lecturer told us that the exam papers were similar to before so it was relatively handy. The English successes in defeating the Armada was question 4. Spanish failure at Kinsale in 1601 was question 6.

Two of two completed, all in good time.

Last one on Thursday.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭catiny

had ee4010 today, power systems. went a lot better than expected!!
    only two to go now!! cannot wait till friday!

:D

Had MA4051 (Group Theory) today.

I honestly have no idea how it went. There's an equal chance that I got around 60% or that I failed miserably. Paper was fair but pretty tough.

Only one more left, thank fúck. Then FREEDOM!

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭teddy b123

Cant wait till tomorrow, these exams have been on for way too long! ive been in exam mode for 4 weeks now :( dont get me wrong, it was nice having only 1 exam a week (2 in the first week) but this is exhausting

roll on results day :D

will we have a "So here's how my results turned out" thread :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭deisedude

Last exam Dynamics of State Politics today. Pretty meh, one of the questions was kind of ambiguous so unsure if i answered it like i should have. Anyway my last exam ever in UCC is over:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Censorsh!t

Geography of Heritage and Old and Early English. Both went grand enough

AND NOW I'M FREEEEEE FOREVER (unless I get my masters:P)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

Had Differential Calculus today which went very well. Happy with it anyway. What worries me though is not the exam, but the marks which the invigilator made on my timetable. She circled my seat number and exam number on my timetable. Why would she do it? I hope she didn't think I was cheating or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭OMG Its EoinD

CS1101 went good. Finished ( till next year ) :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭Byron85

Last two exams tomorrow thank utter f**k. I've had 11 exams and i'm pretty wrecked. Ugh. Anyway, better get back to studying.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

Exams aren't over yet...until I report here.

Had HI3301 Approaches to History today. It was a terrible module that was poorly thought out, nevertheless I endured and thought myself what was necessary!

Two questions today. One on Leopold von Ranke, the other on the Annales school. Not the best day out, difficult paper but I completed both sections with a few seconds remaining. I'm fairly pleased with it but I wish I could have ended the month on a better paper.

All done now. Happy. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

EC2102 is OVER! All finished now after a stressful all nighter, think I managed to scrape a pass so happy out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭raah!

I've a right mind to e-mail a lecturer over a nasty trap she set in the exam. She set a problem, which seemed like it was very easily solvable using leaving cert applied maths. Naturally everyone embarks down on this method to end up with a repulsive and intractable trigonometric equation. The very second the fellow said "time's up" I realised the error of my ways. But that's the last one at least, good riddance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭closeline

Had politics yesterday...Finally finished. One thing I am not happy about is this thing about not leaving in the last 20 mins. Stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Opics

closeline wrote: »
    Had politics yesterday...Finally finished. One thing I am not happy about is this thing about not leaving in the last 20 mins. Stupid.

That's not stupid. What would be stupid is leaving people get up and go in the last 20 minutes. Glad to know that the current crop of people studying politics have the same common sense as our politicians ;):p :pac:

MS3006 - what a beautiful paper! Great way to finish the exams!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭closeline

Opics wrote: »
    That's not stupid. What would be stupid is leaving people get up and go in the last 20 minutes. Glad to know that the current crop of people studying politics have the same common sense as our politicians ;):p :pac:

I knew I would get a response like that. What difference does it make if a person leaves with an hour left or 30 or 40 minutes to than 10, 20 minutes..seriously like??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭UpTheSlashers

closeline wrote: »
    I knew I would get a response like that. What difference does it make if a person leaves with an hour left or 30 or 40 minutes to than 10, 20 minutes..seriously like??
    It would cause more of a distraction, the last 4/5 minutes in particular when people are under pressure to finish off their answers.

Also: as it is, it is fairly easy to collect and check papers one by one as people decide to leave. There would hassle if nearly a hundred people wanted to leave with 2 minutes to go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭teddy b123

raah! wrote: »
    I've a right mind to e-mail a lecturer over a nasty trap she set in the exam. She set a problem, which seemed like it was very easily solvable using leaving cert applied maths. Naturally everyone embarks down on this method to end up with a repulsive and intractable trigonometric equation. The very second the fellow said "time's up" I realised the error of my ways. But that's the last one at least, good riddance.

tbh i dont know if i should be proud or ashamed to say ive never heard the examiner say "time's up"

Advertisement