Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Equipment for EVO Qualifier.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

I can bring a Asus VW246H monitor with me.
    I've a HDMI splitter and HDMI -> Component adapter as well if you want multiple monitors setup.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

People should try mark their equip.

A uv pen would be perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

In addition to my monitor I can bring a HDMI cable and 2 VGA cables.
    Plus copies of SSFIV and BBCS for both consoles and MK9 for PS3.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Neeknak

I can bring an hdmi cable and a vga cable if I can find it. shouldn't be any trouble hoking it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

People should try mark their equip.

A uv pen would be perfect.

With you all the way on that.
    ayjayirl wrote: »
    can people who are bringing their console or other equipment, please label them as yours. I am not accepting responsibility for xboxs going missing. I cannot see this as a problem but we have northies coming down so...... :p

Thanks.

There will be alot of equipment floating about and I cannot possibly keep track of it all at all times so please label your gear. I will be making sure that its all kept proper but I am not superman. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Don't think it's been mentioned but extension leads, multi-taps etc. would be needed as well.

Orim wrote: »
    Don't think it's been mentioned but extension leads, multi-taps etc. would be needed as well.

Yup. I think there are like 5 in my house that I'll be bringing anyway :)

Orim wrote: »

Oh yar, I'll lash a few of those in my bag too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

I have one too, I'll take it

• Registered Users Posts: 10,979 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Was going to buy two more of the monitors we have today, but they appear to not be sold anywhere in Europe anymore.

Obviously proper research has to go in to which monitors to purchase, so we may just have the four community monitors, instead of the planned six.

• Advertisement

It should probably be confirmed how many of those 360s console are going to have AE on them. Doesn't matter how many copies of Super are brought along if there's too few copies of AE floating.

Sairus wrote: »
    It should probably be confirmed how many of those 360s console are going to have AE on them. Doesn't matter how many copies of Super are brought along if there's too few copies of AE floating.

All donated Xbox's will have AE downloaded already. I mentioned this in this thread earlier on. I'll repeat that if anyone listed as bringing an xbox is not going to be able to have AE, please let me know and not on the Day please :)

@Chopper - I had only accounted for 4 monitors from the community coffers. We currently stand at 9 monitors/tv's.

We need three more. Any other takers? I'm gonna check with a friend of mine, I think he has a monitor we can use.

Can I also confirm that we have 9 speakers as it stands? AFAIK 2 of those monitors are TV's so that won't be an issue for them so it looks like we may need one more set of speakers (possibly) - unless there is a TV donation in the meantime.

Just to make it clear, I can only bring my telly if someone can give me a lift to and from the venue and it should pretty much only be used for one of the side tournaments.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

How close is the parking, I havent been there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

5 min walk from jervis

Just to make it clear, I can only bring my telly if someone can give me a lift to and from the venue and it should pretty much only be used for one of the side tournaments.

I will be driving in with equip in car, so I can either pick yours up on the way or the night before (preferable for me).

I will be driving in with equip in car, so I can either pick yours up on the way or the night before (preferable for me).

Night before suits me fine.

Night before suits me fine.

LCD/CRT?

Just wondering for space :)

26" LCD and I may be able to get another smaller LCD, just need to check what inputs it has.

Right folks, these Dell TFTs are currently on sale for €79.20 with free delivery.

http://accessories.euro.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=ie&cid=IN1920&cs=iedhs1&dgc=IR&l=en&lid=EnAHP_BK3&sku=454958

I've trawled the internet trying to find out if they have input lag and cannot find any info.

They are pretty much designed as workstation monitors and only have a VGA input, so should have no post processing going on like televisions would.

If nobody has any objections I'm going to purchase two tonight while they're still on sale.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

I don't agree with buying them without knowing if they lag or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭WasterEx

I can bring; extension leads, HDMI cable, ssfiv & easycap if needed.
    I would bring my xbox but its a bit f****d.:)

Evoequip.jpg

Hi Guys,

Just want to bump this as a reminder to all who have committed to bring some equipment for the EVO event which is in 8 days :eek: !

It is vitally important that people bringing equipment are there at 9.30am to allow us to set up and get the tournaments started on time. I will confirm the exchange on this time this week.

I will be around on Friday night collecting peoples gear - chopper I'll be up that evening to pick up your tv etc. If anyone else wants to meet me that evening I can pick up equip and bring it in the car the next day. Please let me know if this is a better option for you. PLEASE DON'T BE LATE if you are bringing it on the day :)

We have the chairs sorted out so people will not need to bring any chairs - thanks exchange!

Also, just a reminder. All xboxi need to have AE dlc installed. If this is not going to be the case, please tell me now so I can make the appropriate arrangements.

GET ****ing hype!

Thanks
    Aj :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

Anyone got a megafone/pa system?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

can i suggest having THE BGM off on all the setups?
    because there will be so many in a closely knit space, for a long long long amount of time, i can predict many headaches.

What would be nice is some music in the background, through the PA system, epic rambo music. Or sf themes whatever

Placebo wrote: »
    can i suggest having THE BGM off on all the setups?
    because there will be so many in a closely knit space, for a long long long amount of time, i can predict many headaches.

What would be nice is some music in the background, through the PA system, epic rambo music. Or sf themes whatever

AFAIK - This is in hand through the desk ala laptopyness. I remember a cable being required....Beno - ensure you have the cable?

I'd much prefer to be able to hear what's going on in my SF game than having music blaring through the PA. Sounds are important for some players.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

i said BGM music which is the stage music, not the sound itself.
    Just a suggestion anyway

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    I'd much prefer to be able to hear what's going on in my SF game than having music blaring through the PA. Sounds are important for some players.

Lol at the impression of quietness in a small room with 70 people :p

P.A. Will be used for announcements. I'm not down with music blaring either - plus there is the small matter of IMRO and rights etc.

• Advertisement

I don't think it's going to be quiet by any means, just saying.

Advertisement