Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Equipment for EVO Qualifier.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

I'll take an Xbox and a copy of SSFIV/MK9/MvC3/BB

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

If there's still xboxs needed by the time this comes around I'll be able to supply a couple, but I'd really rather not have to bring consoles and a monitor up from Cork.
    Either way, really looking forward to this :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

Sairus wrote: »
    If there's still xboxs needed by the time this comes around I'll be able to supply a couple, but I'd really rather not have to bring consoles and a monitor up from Cork.
    Either way, really looking forward to this :D

Naw Sai, you are bringing a monitor. That's enough. Others will come forward, I am confident.

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭chueytoo

ayjayirl wrote: »
    Naw Sai, you are bringing a monitor. That's enough. Others will come forward, I am confident.

If we need xbox I'll bring that, i won't bring my ps3 then. Or wait i can bring both if people will just help me :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭TVSAdamwest

chueytoo wrote: »
    If we need xbox I'll bring that, i won't bring my ps3 then. Or wait i can bring both if people will just help me :rolleyes:

I will give you hand carrying stuff on the day man im sure linoud will too if you say it to him?

• Advertisement

Bump*

We need one or two more monitors and 4 more xboxi by my calculations. Any more takers. We need the support of everyone not just the few, proud, brave, etc.

Would also like to ask that if people can't bring an xbox/monitor, could they bring their copy of the game(s) if they have them to make sure we are not short in that department as well and xbox vga cables. There will be at least 2 TV's, possibly 3 but I think we have enough component cables. (Also multi plug extension cords - always useful) The exchange has been sorted and we have enough tables (I checked), we may need some chairs but I will look into that.

Remember to label your equipment!

Joe - If you could bring the two consoles, that would be great! Help will be provided.

Thanks
    Aaron

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Would also like to ask that if people can't bring an xbox/monitor, could they bring their copy of the game(s) if they have them to make sure we are not short in that department as well and xbox vga cables.

I can bring a couple of VGA cables.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Neeknak

I can bring an xbox, a copy of SSF4 with AE dlc, MK9, MVC3, a circular 4 way plug adaptor (10metres).

I would bring a 32 inch lcd tv but I don't really know what parking is like around the venue since I was only ever at a couple of XGC events. I imagine walking around town with a big tv in my arms for too long is a bit too much of an invitation for some ne'er-do-well to punch me in the face and steal it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,985 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

We have enough community money to buy another one of the monitors we already bought.

We have enough community money to buy another one of the monitors we already bought.

Community Money? how much we got? Could use a little for this event. PM me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

I can bring an xbox on the bus, but my SSFIV is a little dodgy. an install with someone elses disc would take care of that though.

If I get my licence sorted in time, i can bring a 28 inch widescreen crt. It's not HD obv, but would be lagless.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Community Money? how much we got? Could use a little for this event. PM me.

Ah here, using the sticks as prizes without discussion is one thing but community money is another imo.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Yup, that money aint for spending, especially til Orim is paid for the monitors.

Dan has been paid back afaik but still.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    Dan has been paid back afaik but still.

No I am with you on that. We don't dick around with the cash.

Wow. Not to worry. Chopper let me know. I didn't know there was money is all. It's all good.

..and Dreddy, a simple notification would suffice.

I don't think it's bad etiquette to reply to that string of posts in the thread, apologies if it was taken as bad form though. As for the money we do have, I have 30 euro, Speedboat has a bit I think (or may have already given that to Chopper or Dan? not sure), and Chopper has the rest afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Speed Boat

Yeah I passed what I had on to dan to mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Yeah Speedboat passed the money on to me. And I'm clear for the monitors.

I'm assuming nobody has any objections to another monitor being bought?

• Advertisement

Grand by me, seems like the best thing to do with the money at the moment.

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    I don't think it's bad etiquette to reply to that string of posts in the thread, apologies if it was taken as bad form though. As for the money we do have, I have 30 euro, Speedboat has a bit I think (or may have already given that to Chopper or Dan? not sure), and Chopper has the rest afaik.

No prob Dred. I must have been in my period last night when I read that and took it up all wrong. I was askin the Chop about money for re-imbursal anyway. Its not an issue. Monitor = better spend.

We are officially off the bat with the fundraising BTW - Top Tier Terry has weighed in with a donation from the other side of the world. Thanks Terry!

...and so it beigns.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭SirAuronDX

If anyone wants i could bring my xbox aswell which has the following
    All data for Blazblue
    (except dlc voices and colours)
    All data for super
    (Including ALL costumes and ofc AE)
    Both Jill and Shuma for MvC3

It's an elite. It has no MK9 data

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Reiterating what I said in the registration thread, can bring a slim xbox 360 ^^

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭stev0knev022

Perfectly willing to bring my xbox along if needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Speed Boat

I'm assuming nobody has any objections to another monitor being bought?

I think we need to get some more argos speakers first.

Hi Guys,

I have compiled a list of the equipment people have committed to for the Evo qualifier. Looks like we have most things covered with the exception of monitors and chairs. Now I have not included the chairs from the Exchange itself and I don't see them being a problem - we can source them relatively cheaply if not, for free. We do however need more monitors.

Evoequip.jpg

In addition to the above, we will have a cable concern. If people have xbox to vga cables can they shout out if they can bring them.

Also Speakers - We have 4 and three of the monitors are actually TV's so it looks like we'll need an additional 5/6 for VGA monitors.

Games - easy to bring - we all bring one just in case?
    Thanks,
    Aaron

I believe I have the original five sets of speakers we bought!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

I can bring a VGA cable, SSF4 ( complete with AE patch ) and MK9 as well.

EDIT: Silly me, I forgot to mention what console the games were for. Both are Xbox and the VGA cable is for xbox as well

• Advertisement

I believe I have the original five sets of speakers we bought!

Nice!

Advertisement