Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Equipment for EVO Qualifier.

Options
  • 02-05-2011 3:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

As you most of you know at this stage, there is a an Evo Qualifier in June. For this we are going to need approximately 12 xboxi and montiors/TV's. We are going to need to front up as a community for it to be a sucess. I want to get a thread started to allow people to volunteer their xbox/monitor for the tournament (Also speakers for the monitors if possible).

I'll be bringing my Xbox, a 17in monitor and a 32in HD TV. Brian will be bringing his recording equipment and laptop.

Can people post here if they are able and willing to help out so I can plan the logistics of how it will come together (hopefully). As I said we need 12 at least to make the tourney work.

Thanks for your support.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

Will we have enough room in the Exchange though?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

Fergus_ wrote: »
    Will we have enough room in the Exchange though?

Yes :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

We pretty much lounge around in the Exchange. 12 stations is fine in there.

XGC has 12 stations in about 3 cm squared.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,978 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

I don't think the place even has enough chairs for twelve stations.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

They have a bunch of chains stacked at the back, beside the stage.
    Fergus, obviously there is enough room, why did you think they picked the exchange? :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭chueytoo

12 xboxs? is there gonna be mk and bb are they being played on ps3? Just wondering? So I know what to bring incase.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I can donate my 22" lagless monitor to this, and a VGA box (I think Doom always wants it).

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I don't think the place even has enough chairs for twelve stations.

Indeed, we may have to accept we'll have to rent/ find chairs.
    chueytoo wrote: »
    12 xboxs? is there gonna be mk and bb are they being played on ps3? Just wondering? So I know what to bring incase.

I don't want to speak for Aaron, but I believe the correct answer is this:

You control whether there will be a PS3 there for other games Chuey... people need to bring their gear for this to work.

This is looking like it's going to be a big deal. There will likely be international attendance. It's time for us all to man up a little and help out (not that I am saying anyone doesn't other times- it's just I feel this is the time we should, as Stan bush once said, pull together, because we can't stay worlds apart.)

If someone could play some stirring music here that'd be cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    I can donate my 22" lagless monitor to this, and a VGA box (I think Doom always wants it).

Doom wants all the recording equipment :pac:

I can bring my xbox.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭TVSAdamwest

I can bring a ps3 and a copy of tekken 6, marvel vs capcom 3, european copy of blazblue and should also have mk9 by then cant bring a tv tho since mine is old and as big as sentinel :(.
    This is purely a suggestion but we could always buy those crappy fold out chairs for a tenner?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

Where is the closest place to exchange, with decent parking?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

i would recommend parking where the smithfield luas stop is, its probably around 5-10 minutes walk but you will definitely get a place there.
    You can also park in several indoor templar bar parking places, but they charge alot. Also note outdoor parking is for 3 hours maximum [as far as i remember?] then you have to top it up again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Vervis street is 12 euro for the day. Smithfield was 5 for the day last time I was there.

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭chueytoo

Indeed, we may have to accept we'll have to rent/ find chairs.

I don't want to speak for Aaron, but I believe the correct answer is this:

You control whether there will be a PS3 there for other games Chuey... people need to bring their gear for this to work.

This is looking like it's going to be a big deal. There will likely be international attendance. It's time for us all to man up a little and help out (not that I am saying anyone doesn't other times- it's just I feel this is the time we should, as Stan bush once said, pull together, because we can't stay worlds apart.)

If someone could play some stirring music here that'd be cool.

Thats fine just wondering, I got an xbox and ps3 that I can bring down with ease. I got more games on the ps3 tho such as mk9, and US and Eu copy of blazblue.

So was wondering is it ok to bring ps3 or did he just wanted xbox since he said 12 xbox. I also got 4 foldable chairs, as long as people can help me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

I have 2 foldable chairs in Sligo somewhere. I could bring them up here for this if ya want.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

I can bring at least one 360. Potentially three, assume only one for the moment.

Hi guys,

I said 12 xboxs cause I figured that more people had them and as such would bring them. PS3 is cool i you can bring one or two, but the issue I feel with be more in the TV/monitor department. I'll be running SSF4 on xbox and probably marvel as well. Blaz Blue will be ps3 and MK9 isn't decided but I woudl imagein it'll be xboxs.

until we have an inventory of equipment from everyone, we can't say exactly which is what. This is why I created this thread to allow us to count and plan accordingly.

Thanks
    Aaron

Yar, I figured xboxs would be more plentiful than monitors. I can bring a 17" monitor instead of xboxs. I wouldn't be able to bring both - too big and awkward to lug around Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭ladnopoka

i can bring an xbox, i dont have a monitor, i have a small ugly fat tv which weights like a fridge. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

AJ, check with the Exchange, they have some CRTs there that might be usable.

• Advertisement

It's been mentioned before, but is the Exchange really big enough for this? The plan is to get as many players as possible from all the various games we play plus potential internationals coming over for this. That's looking at a number of 50-70 people playing 4 tournaments?
    I've been in the exchange a couple of times and running twelve setups with even 30 people strikes me as being an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Yeah I'm very skeptical of the size of the venue as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

I'm with Sairus and Dreddy as well in regards to the venue, while I haven't being there myself yet, based on what I've seen in videos and photos I can't help but be skeptical about the venue size as well.

That aside, I have one xbox 360, a 15' TV that has a VGA input and a sound system for when the I'm playing through the VGA input. I definitely be willing to bring the xbox but the TV and sound system then I will be needing assistance there.

The exchange will be big enough guys.

I have a plan. Trust me.

Unless there is someone here who has a massive room in their house, its all we got at the mo anyway. I am planning to maximise the floor space. I am sure we it will be fine.

Bump.... wanna keep this thread on the first page and get everyone on the scene.

I could really use peoples help to ensure we have the equipment to host the event.

So far we have committed:

xboxs:5
    PS3:2
    TV/Monitors: 4 (+the 4/5 that the scene owns)

Thanks to Misty, Ladnopoka, Sairus, Konata, cheuttoo, TVSadamwest, Orim, and Kiki who have already 'donated' equip!

We need more xbox donations and monitors/TV's (I'll check with the exchange if they have any TV's we can use but I would prefer we bring our own). If you are planning on bringing one, please let me know here so I can make sure we have enough. I think we have enough PS3's I'll run Blaz Blue and MK 9 on the PS3's. We currently have 2 which will allow us to use them all day for those tourneys.

One more point. The donated xboxi will need the AE DLC installed on them before the event. If thats a problem for anyone who has committed to giving an xbox, let me know. Also, can people who are bringing their console or other equipment, please label them as yours. I am not accepting responsibility for xboxs going missing. I cannot see this as a problem but we have northies coming down so...... :p

Thanks.

they just need a profile with the licence for the dlc on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,978 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

they just need a profile with the licence for the dlc on it.

No they don't. If it's not the console the DLC was downloaded to, then the profile needs to be signed in to Live to use the content.

I can bring an Xbox with the AE DLC/MvC3 DLC characters and a PS3 with all the current BB DLC characters.

I can also bring a television if someone was able to give me a lift to and from the venue.

Hmm, I was able to download my profile and hdremix in the xgc, is that not the equivalent?

edit; never mind: xbox live is the key.

Looks like we might have enough monitors, thankfully, but we are a little short on xboxs - ironically. We have 5 and need 10. Any more takers?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

ayjayirl wrote: »
    Looks like we might have enough monitors, thankfully, but we are a little short on xboxs - ironically. We have 5 and need 10. Any more takers?

Just so you can tick people off your list to pursue for equipment: I would, but I can't attend unfortunately.

Good luck getting this all together AJ, I'm glad to see you're pursuing it. I'm looking forward as well to reading about it, watching the hype videos and maybe looking at some of Real Jim's photos after the fact.

Advertisement