Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

England v India 2011

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Weather has spoilt it, India had England under pressure after getting Cook and Kieswetter early. Abandonded now, don't think it will be the last of the series ruined by rain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭LondonIrish90

And Northerners wonder why they don't get to host too many games :pac:

Tendulkar ruled out of rest of one dayers because of a toe injury. So he will have to wait a bit longer for his all important next century.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Nation 98

The way he batted in England, the only way he will score the 100th 100 will be on a flat deck against Bangladesh.

Nation 98 wrote: »
    The way he batted in England, the only way he will score the 100th 100 will be on a flat deck against Bangladesh.

Would agree if he hadn't be 9 runs away in the last test.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭booth70

England rollicking along..... 83/1 in 7 chasing 187

India heading for yet another pounding....They might as well play 11 batsman next time.....their bowling sure ain't going to win them any matches on this tour:(

Another bad day for India at the office.....its probably been the worst two months ever for Indian cricket since atleast 1999 I think.....and Dhoni and co simply can't wait to get this miserable tour over with.....but India will do well to remember England were thrashed 5-0 not too long ago and boy look where they are now

India have got a good bunch of young batsman coming thro'....Rahane looks a class act in what little has been seen of him so far....

The problem is really the bowling....Sanjay Manjrekar had been clamouring for the addition of Ashwin all summer on Sky but when given a chance he has bowled absolute rubblish in the 3 matches so far....Life after Zaheer Khan looks very bleak for India

Hoping the BCCI gives Fletcher enough space and autonomy to rebuild this team with Dhoni

booth70 wrote: »
    Another bad day for India at the office.....its probably been the worst two months ever for Indian cricket since atleast 1999 I think.....and Dhoni and co simply can't wait to get this miserable tour over with.....but India will do well to remember England were thrashed 5-0 not too long ago and boy look where they are now

India have got a good bunch of young batsman coming thro'....Rahane looks a class act in what little has been seen of him so far....

The problem is really the bowling....Sanjay Manjrekar had been clamouring for the addition of Ashwin all summer on Sky but when given a chance he has bowled absolute rubblish in the 3 matches so far....Life after Zaheer Khan looks very bleak for India

Hoping the BCCI gives Fletcher enough space and autonomy to rebuild this team with Dhoni

I agree, I think Indias main problem is the bowling, but the batsmen didn't manage to score above 300 in 4 matches.

They will definitely be glad to see the back of this tour, the saddest thing about it though, they looked like they would be glad to see the back of the tour after the first test. Almost West Indian at their worst in their apparent disinterest.

The problem is really the bowling....Sanjay Manjrekar had been clamouring for the addition of Ashwin all summer on Sky but when given a chance he has bowled absolute rubblish in the 3 matches so far

Okay....credit where its due.....Ashwin did bowl beautifully yesterday....the one that got Trott was an absolute peach:)

India are getting closer with each game....maybe they will win at least one of the 2 remaining matches;)

A D/L tie.....India getting closer with each game.....hopefully a win in Cardiff on the last match of the tour:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Good knock from Bopara yesterday....probably sealed his place in the one day side for the next series atleast....when Morgs comes back it will be Stokes that misses out

Good knock from Bopara yesterday....probably sealed his place in the one day side for the next series atleast....when Morgs comes back it will be Stokes that misses out

I unfortunately agree.

The build up for Stokes has been ridiculous imo and is 90% of the reason that he has had such a poor start in the England shirt. Instead of being let to slot into the side and for his obvious qualities to shine through on the higher stage, he has been called the future of English cricket. It is simply too much pressure for someone so young and inexperienced, regardless of talent.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭ClareVisitor

A D/L tie.....India getting closer with each game.....hopefully a win in Cardiff on the last match of the tour:rolleyes:
    England have never lost at Sophia Gardens, winning the last four games they've played there in all forms of the game.

England have never lost at Sophia Gardens, winning the last four games they've played there in all forms of the game.

:(

Well....as a diehard Indian fan , I can live in hope;)

Bopara very, very impressive again.

And Jonny Bairstow, take a bow sir!

Not a Bopara fan by any means, but he has finally seized an opportunity given to him with this series, great batting. Bairstow was fantastic, hope he can carry it on now. Very exciting to watch.

The bit of the tour the indians have been looking forward to since the first test isnt too far away. The plane home beckons.

I think the return series will be much closer by the way.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,601 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Bopara is fine in the one-day game, but is simply not good enough at test level

In terms of Bairstow, I used to watch his dad hitting the ball all around Headingley and Scarborough. The kid is a chip off the old block, but has the potential to go a lot further than "Bluey"

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

What a ignorant comment. He was in amazing form but just had a bad series.

Ironic that he scored most of his 100s against 2nd best test team ever. (Aussies).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭Washout

Giggsy11 wrote: »

Ironic that he scored most of his 100s against 2nd best test team ever. (Aussies).

Agreed. The little master has nothing to prove to anyone. He had a bad series. Every batsman goes through it.

Washout wrote: »

Agreed. The little master has nothing to prove to anyone. He had a bad series. Every batsman goes through it.

Also good to se e india show some quality.

they went to england so under prepared. All their top players should have gone to west indies. And they should heave more warm up matches.

• Advertisement

What a difference a few weeks make!!!

England 0-2 down and heading for another pounding in India....More's the pity bcos India should win this series comfortably and the nightmare that was the English tour would soon have been forgotten and swept under the carpet as usual with nothing learnt from that hammering:mad:

Still can't figure why Bell isn't in the playing 11 for England:(

What a difference a few weeks make!!!

England 0-2 down and heading for another pounding in India....More's the pity bcos India should win this series comfortably and the nightmare that was the English tour would soon have been forgotten and swept under the carpet as usual with nothing learnt from that hammering:mad:

Still can't figure why Bell isn't in the playing 11 for England:(

It is really simple. England were strong on their home turf and we too are on sub continental pitches.

We didn't adapt to English conditions and they too are struggling to play us here.

Impressed with how well we are doing even though we are missing several key players.

Good match and a perfect chase by India in Mohali.....another 5-0 hammering beckons for England in India

The real test for India though is the return Test series next winter:(

Good match and a perfect chase by India in Mohali.....another 5-0 hammering beckons for England in India

The real test for India though is the return Test series next winter:(
    Its like chalk and cheese. Can't believe this is the same india.

Mirror image of previous series in England. One team woefully undercooked for the conditions and getting hammered.

Side note Kieswetter behind the stumps was atrocious, putting it mildly and Dernbach doesn't look like an England international to me.

Had the series was played in sub continent with Sehwag, Gambhir, Zaheer playing, maybe, maybe you wouldn't have said that..
    I dont know how important Trott is for England, but Sehwag is one of the best batsman in the world. If I'm not wrong Anderson is the main bowler, for us its Zaheer. I'm not just complaining about the players who are missed but also playing in England and dominating is completely different from doing the same in sub continent. .

Sub Continent FTW..

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,639 Mod ✭✭✭✭TrueDub

Sub Continent FTW..

The really great teams win everywhere though - hence neither of these teams is great.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,601 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

TrueDub wrote: »
    The really great teams win everywhere though - hence neither of these teams is great.
    I think you need to bear in mind the lack of preparation England have had for this series - it's much easier for the Indians to adapt back to their "home" conditions. I think all this flying in and out for short series in places like India and England is very difficult because conditions are so different

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,639 Mod ✭✭✭✭TrueDub

Beasty wrote: »
    I think you need to bear in mind the lack of preparation England have had for this series - it's much easier for the Indians to adapt back to their "home" conditions. I think all this flying in and out for short series in places like India and England is very difficult because conditions are so different

I understand, but that's exactly the same argument trotted out to explain/excuse India's poor showing in England. If it's so obvious to us, why haven't the people who are paid to look at this sort of thing sorted it out?

• Advertisement

TrueDub wrote: »
    I understand, but that's exactly the same argument trotted out to explain/excuse India's poor showing in England. If it's so obvious to us, why haven't the people who are paid to look at this sort of thing sorted it out?
    I really don't know - perhaps India and England are the extremes in terms of playing conditions, or maybe it's back to the argument there is simply too much international cricket being crammed in nowadays

Advertisement