Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Royalty

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

Just for people's information, Queen Elizabeth claims descent from both Brian Bóroimhe (Brian Boru) and Niall Noígíallach (Niall of the Nine Hostages).

lcrcboy wrote: »
    ya and it says republican leaders it just didn't go anymore specific then that.

It's complete nonsense! The very thought of men like Seán MacDiarmada or Tom Clarke being interested in elevating one individual above the Irish people is laughable.

Historical inaccuracies like this bug the hell out of me!

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭lcrcboy

It's complete nonsense! The very thought of men like Seán MacDiarmada or Tom Clarke being interested in elevating one individual above the Irish people is laughable.

Historical inaccuracies like this bug the hell out of me!

I dont know how true the story is but it actually seems quit a clever idea, to introduce a foreign royal family member make them head of the country then putting Britain in an awkward position, Britain is then left with the choice of withdrawing from the country or war with the Prussian Empire. Clever idea but not sure how true it is.

lcrcboy wrote: »
    I dont know how true the story is but it actually seems quit a clever idea, to introduce a foreign royal family member make them head of the country then putting Britain in an awkward position, Britain is then left with the choice of withdrawing from the country or war with the Prussian Empire. Clever idea but not sure how true it is.

The idea was toyed with by Arthur Griffith and the early Sinn Féin party. Later that party, like many other nationalist groups, was thoroughly infiltrated by the IRB. The goal of the party then came to reflect the goal of the IRB, a republic.

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭lcrcboy

The idea was toyed with by Arthur Griffith and the early Sinn Féin party. Later that party, like many other nationalist groups, was thoroughly infiltrated by the IRB. The goal of the party then came to reflect the goal of the IRB, a republic.

great didn't know that, but you got to admit the idea was clever even if it didn't go into action.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭valm

Nodin wrote: »
    So we'd make Ivor Callely an institution and support him and his offspring and descendants forevermore. Great stuff.

Even better, John O'Donoghue for king with Beverley Cooper Flynn for queen, Drum, Fitzpatrick & Fingleton chief advisors to the Royal family. This could on for ever who do you suggest for what post?
    The only one I would like to see would be Nell MC Cafferty as fashion & style consultant. She would keep the budget to a minimum. ( Love you Nell)

Advertisement