Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestling Podcasts

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

Return Interview with Finn Balor on the Irishman Abroad Podcast up there now
    https://soundcloud.com/an-irishman-a...ns-episode-157

if you haven't listened to the first one it's pretty good too
    https://soundcloud.com/an-irishman-abroad/fergal-devitt-episode-87

Very good interview. Fergal comes across lovely and he somehow managed to kayfabe some stuff but not comes off as utterly cringeworthy.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

ShagNastii wrote: »
    Splurging on PW podcasting in work due to travel.

The Talking Shop with Jericho is gas.

I actually laughed out loud at Gallows when he was doing Fink and Michael Gary Capetta impressions.

Anderson and gallows are great why in the hell can we not see some of this on wwe television at times

couldnt stop laughing at times through it looked like an idiot in work

• Registered Users Posts: 39,644 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Just listening to Jesse Ventura on austins podcast. It's part 1 of a two parter and he's not talking politics and it's wrestling heavy which I'm liking. Jesse Ventura is so easy to listen to.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

If you like that, listen to him on Joe Rogan. I'd imagine the stories are much the same but Joe and him are such a perfect match for each other, and he doesn't let him waffle on at his leisure like the wrestlers do.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

leggo wrote: »
    If you like that, listen to him on Joe Rogan. I'd imagine the stories are much the same but Joe and him are such a perfect match for each other, and he doesn't let him waffle on at his leisure like the wrestlers do.

That story with Jesse & Chris Kyle is so weird.

• Advertisement

Yeah dunno how I feel about it, we're only getting one side. Jesse reminds me of Hogan in that most of what he says sounds like BS, but I enjoy listening to him BS all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,552 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I also enjoyed the podcasts with Ventura. I'd recommend giving both a listen.

If I could have any wrestler's voice it would be Jesse Ventura's.

'I wasssshhhhh a Navy Shhhheeeeaalllll.'

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

^^ Yeah, he has an incredible voice. Austin too.

Any highlights from Ventura on the podcast?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Anyone hear Meatloaf on Talk is Jericho?

He sounded like he was stone drunk or something

• Registered Users Posts: 45,552 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

jaykhunter wrote: »
    ^^ Yeah, he has an incredible voice. Austin too.

Any highlights from Ventura on the podcast?

It's split in two parts and I'd say part one is the better of the two. He tells a cool story about interacting with whales in Mexico and says if the USA ends up building 'the wall' he will go to the Mexican side and talks about how he loves the people. Tells some fun wrestling stories in the first podcast too about wrestlers who helped him and how he was one of the first to handle contracts with the use of agents.

The second part is a bit more political but still fun. And he tells a great story I've heard before about how he learned which wrestler in the dressing room ratted him out to Vince about his plans to unionize.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,413 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Ventura is an odd/mad/super intelligent man in many ways but more than any he is a great storyteller.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Tom Lawlor on Review a Wai, lets just say I'm glad John has 3 co-hosts as the idea of listening to Lawler for 3+ hours is sheer torture.
    Constantly finding meaningless flaws and interrupting I wish John would have muted his mic

Becky is on steve austins unleashed podcast this week. I've listened to the second sponsor break and it's brilliant listen so far. It seems less Becky lynch and more Rebecca Quin.

Becky lynch on Steve Austin. If you're a fan of Beckys(and I know most here are) then it's an excellent interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

She is always a great guest on these podcast shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭colmufc

just wondering does anybody else listen to the new generation project podcast
    its my fav pod at the moment ,its a blend of osw and attitude era , i thought attitude era went very up its hole for a while before finally coming back down to earth after royal rumble 2001 ,the NGP as its known is more consistant in my opioion and they have some excellent bonus episodes

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭spektorfive

I was going give NG a go but ain't they like 3 hours long?

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭colmufc

I was going give NG a go but ain't they like 3 hours long?

Ya they have become 3 hour shows but there well worth it the knowledge and research the main host does is incredible and honestly deserves to be heard IMO

It's great that they also have a 2 week release date and it's stuck to religiously, they do talk a bit about there lives and have a bit of a laugh before they get into the show but they have some great running gags that they know when to drop give them ago from the 4th episode in the sound quality is better and there starting to see that they have a audience.

I've started listening to one called 'we can't watch' , I only started because they covered Halloween havoc 1991 (one of my nostalgia favs) , there sound quality is poor and sometimes they forget not everybody know Manchester (I do as it happens) but there grand for listening to while doing the shopping

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

I meant to mention this earlier in the week but the VoW flagship podcast has been brilliant the last couple of weeks. I listen every week anyway but if you have never heard them the most recent 2 eps are a great jump in point to see why its so popuar.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

Gallows' Fink impression makes me laugh so hard. His Stone Cold impression is great too. The latest TIJ is a Talk'n Shop episode.

• Advertisement

If you haven't already, definitely tweet the hosts of (NGP, VOW) and tell them you're enjoying their stuff!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Moist Bread

Just started listening to the New Generation Project Podcast. Really excellent stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,233 ✭✭✭ceegee

Another NGP fan here, had to go back and check when someone mentioned the length of the show cos to be honest they dont drag much at all and ive never noticed how long they actually are.
    The recurring jokes and references are great in it. The joy in Pauls voice everytime he reads out Richard Queree's name always makes me crack a smile, as does Scott Cavaliero's dedication to the American Males.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Anyone else listen to Letters from Kayfabe?

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Raven Runner

Gallows' Fink impression makes me laugh so hard.
    I thought he sounded like he was impersonating Gary Michael Cappetta:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Hey folks I host a radio show every friday night here in kilkenny, I have a trainee wrestler from Kilkenny on tonight currently training in Licha Britania over in London if anyone cares to check it out on link below at 8.30 should be a fun discussion

http://www.communityradiokilkennycity.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭A Rogue Hobo

Teddy Hart was on Talk is Jericho this week...there is no way he is sober. And if he was...There is no way he doesn't suffer from some sort of mental illness, very worrying stuff the way he rambles on, contradicts himself and is just so erratic in general.

Teddy Hart [...] rambles on, contradicts himself and is just so erratic in general.

Probably on catnip

It was a really entertaining listen all the same, though a bit sad in that he clearly saw it as an opportunity to get a shot in WWE and was reacting as such, with zero chill! Must've been awkward for Jericho afterwards when Teddy likely asked him out straight, not realising he'd just done a 90-minute advertisement for why he shouldn't be hired! (Though I'm sure Jericho gets that a lot so he'd be used to it) I can't help but feel bad for old timers, and Teddy, who do shows like that and clearly want another break that they're not going to get, it's uncomfortable if fascinating.

The funniest part, though, was when Teddy went to get his cat to show Jericho the entrance he'd taught him and Jericho was like "No, Teddy, don't get the cat just tell me!" but he was already gone and he's like, "So the thing with wrestling cats is..." :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭A Rogue Hobo

I thought it was so uncomfortable when Jericho was just trying to be as nice as possible but came off a bit ingenuine "oh look at that the cat jumped...great job Teddy....haha......ha...."

Advertisement