Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestling Podcasts

Options

Comments

Luther Ward on Colt Canabas podcast was pretty interesting, good recap of the history of the Irish scene and how being a guy in NXT for about 10 minutes works.

Who's his girlfriend that he said got signed to wwe/nxt? Is she still under contract?

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭noisenotmusic

It was Rachell St Claire/Rachel Walker. She injured her knee after getting signed and I don't think she ever made it over to Florida.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,407 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Bischoff on Wrestling launches on Wednesday on itunes not sure about elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,644 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I've listened to some of the nakamura episode of talk is Jericho and I've two observations. 1. His English is much better than I expected and 2. Is Osaka Japan the equivalent of kerry in terms of ability to be understood ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭RichyX

Really enjoying the Marty & Sarah Love Wrestling podcast on MLW.
    It's hosted by comedian Marty Derosa, who's popped up on several of Cabana's podcasts and web series.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭iggyigauna89

Broken Matt Hardy on Talk is Jericho this week. My god it's fantastic!!

http://www.podcastone.com/pg/jsp/program/episode.jsp?programID=593&pid=1666536

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

http://www.podcastone.com/pg/jsp/program/episode.jsp?programID=593&pid=1666536

Is he in Character?

wont get a chance to listen till after work.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭iggyigauna89

sky88 wrote: »
    Is he in Character?

wont get a chance to listen till after work.

Fully!

Fully!

Wonderful

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Chain Smoker

Pollock and Ting have pretty much retired Review-A-Wai to do Review-A-Smackdown for the foreseeable future, right?

Can't blame them, they've been short of things to cover for a good while and it was the kind of thing that would really eat into your personal time. You could tell they didn't enjoy the workload of that podcast anymore.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Pollock and Ting have pretty much retired Review-A-Wai to do Review-A-Smackdown for the foreseeable future, right?

They're doing it on alternate weeks with Bauer & Pollock; but ya it's definitely winding down. After every week for 7 years they've covered pretty much everything. I've no idea how John was able to keep the pace of researching and being the lead reviewer for a different historical PPV each week, let alone keep the other shows afloat. Doing SD makes much more sense as they'd probably watch it anyway, and Wai's jumped in with NXT reviews to talk about CWC.

If I were them I'd start reviewing WWE films, TV shows (like Hogan's Rock & Wrestling) and shows with wrestlers in 'em. Shorter and much less intense than covering a 3-hour PPV.

Ah, alternate weeks sounds like the kind of thing where there'll be continued excuses for no shows on a given fortnight (e.g. something important makes Bauer a priority, the G1 taking up Pollocks time), but I really can't blame them.
    Their film reviews are usually just pretty boring run throughs of what happened imo, I'd imagine the whole need to take notes and whatnot would make it a fair bit of a drain too. I feel like the audience interest is way lower too.

I'd skip if for the next while as Smackdown is garnering interest. Save review a wai for when there's a guest or some kind of event (e.g. maybe let a competition winner pick a prize, although odds are they'd pick some awful yoke thats no fun for anyone like you guys at OSW had to deal with...), otherwise just build up a list for the future of shows that actually interest them/someone.
    There's bound to still be a Russo WCW show or two that they need to endure, but otherwise I can't think of anything they should cover. I mean, they've even covered things like the WWE episode of Morton Downey Jr.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

Got 5 minutes into TIJ with Shinsuke Nakamura before I got frustrated with Jericho's broken English and turned it off. I enjoyed the Broken Matt Hardy podcast though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Got 5 minutes into TIJ with Shinsuke Nakamura before I got frustrated with Jericho's broken English and turned it off. I enjoyed the Broken Matt Hardy podcast though.

That was so random and you're the first person I've seen mention it. Jericho reminded me of Steve McClaren trying to speak Dutch-English it was cringe!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

jaykhunter wrote: »
    They're doing it on alternate weeks with Bauer & Pollock; but ya it's definitely winding down. After every week for 7 years they've covered pretty much everything. I've no idea how John was able to keep the pace of researching and being the lead reviewer for a different historical PPV each week, let alone keep the other shows afloat. Doing SD makes much more sense as they'd probably watch it anyway, and Wai's jumped in with NXT reviews to talk about CWC.

If I were them I'd start reviewing WWE films, TV shows (like Hogan's Rock & Wrestling) and shows with wrestlers in 'em. Shorter and much less intense than covering a 3-hour PPV.

If it's PPVs I'd like to see John do ones with a talent from the reviewed card, be harder to plan but something new. Not Jimmy Korderas tho. It's nice when they review documentaries as it's an easy listen but there isn't enough of those to cover. I like listening to their Rumble & Mania reviews that time of the year, it was a good idea to add reviews to the pre & post raws of the shows.
    I mentioned this ages ago but Wai still seems a lot more irritable doing them, I listened to the Fully Loaded one & they were bickering about this dumb sign in the background of a segment (about the no. of days since an accident ).
    John is a machine tho, the hours he was doing around Ufc 200 especially were admirable. Now he does enjoyable solo reviews of the G1.

leggo wrote: »
    That was so random and you're the first person I've seen mention it. Jericho reminded me of Steve McClaren trying to speak Dutch-English it was cringe!

i think he was doing it to help shinsuke understand him, he did the same when he had gedo i think on the podcast.

Ah yeah, it's also natural to do when you're speaking to someone with an accent, if you're polite and respect them you'll start to mirror them unknowingly sometimes. I remember an old moment on the Chris Moyles show when they were interviewing Jackie Chan and they played a clip from off-air after were the producer accidentally did this saying, in a full Asian accent, "we'll just be playing wan sang and be back." Totally natural, but just cringe hearing it in practice.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

ERG89 wrote: »
    I mentioned this ages ago but Wai still seems a lot more irritable doing them, I listened to the Fully Loaded one & they were bickering about this dumb sign in the background of a segment (about the no. of days since an accident). John is a machine tho, the hours he was doing around Ufc 200 especially were admirable. Now he does enjoyable solo reviews of the G1.

I thought that bit was hilarious where Wai just went heel/starts trolling John about it. My fav line was when John had moved on talking about something else was Wai (in the background) "I'm not dropping this" :P:P

• Registered Users Posts: 45,552 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I just listened to this today. As Matt would say, delightful!

I love that he stayed in character for this as a shoot interview is not necessary right now. So many hilarious quotes.

Broken Matt has to be the best character of the year.

I don't really get the claims of Wai being jaded in general. On Review-A-Wai he is but it's a lot more work and it's fierce tired. He usually seems to be having some kind of fun on Review A Raw.
    ERG89 wrote: »
    Not Jimmy Korderas tho.
    Yup!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Raven Runner

Are the WWE Podcasts available to download in MP3 from WWE.Com if not then it's not really a Podcast?

THe latest Art of Wrestling with Colt Cabana from London is pretty Good with Edge, Bob Holly, Gail Kim, Jeremy Borash, Ted Dibiase and Hacksaw Jim Duggan

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

Talk is Jericho with Cody Rhodes and Zack Ryder is brilliant, just really funny. Also funny to hear that Cody planned to leave on a certain week but pushed it back a week just so he could do the podcast. (This was recorded on the week he left WWE)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,823 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

I'm listened to the Ric Flair podcasts a good bit lately.

Who exactly is your man Conrad that co-hosts? Is it Flair's agent or is he some kind of hanger-on? I can't work him out. Flair does casually mention him being loaded and bankrolling stuff.

ShagNastii wrote: »

Who exactly is your man Conrad that co-hosts? Is it Flair's agent or is he some kind of hanger-on? I can't work him out. Flair does casually mention him being loaded and bankrolling stuff.

Kinda gone off the Flair Podcast , Flair probably admires people who have a lot of money can't imagine him being friends with Joe Soap

Return Interview with Finn Balor on the Irishman Abroad Podcast up there now
    https://soundcloud.com/an-irishman-a...ns-episode-157

if you haven't listened to the first one it's pretty good too
    https://soundcloud.com/an-irishman-abroad/fergal-devitt-episode-87

• Registered Users Posts: 28,395 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

A bit late to it but just listened to some of Ambrose on the Stone Cold podcast. Dunno if it was Austin's line of questioning (seemed to constantly be prodding about Ambrose's childhood as if he was going to unearth som big secret. Remember his interview with AJ being the same), Ambrose taking issue with Austin's line of questioning, or Ambrose just being a sh!t guest but it's a tough, and sometimes uncomfortable listen.

ShagNastii wrote: »

I like Conrad! He makes the podcast worth a listen, has great knowledge and enables Flair to just laugh and reminisce with the guest, which is Flair at his best. No idea on the exact nature of their relationship (though yeah Flair does refer to him being minted a lot) but I know that he's going to be best man at Flair's 45th wedding and that he'll bring Conrad backstage with him at shows, so they're obviously good mates in real life.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭ayatollah

listening to an older ric flair one with JJ dillon
    his slurping and eating is ridiculously annoying
    ya kind of take these kind of things for granted with a professional broadcaster I guess

it's a bit structure less in general flair tends to talk over everyone a bit and only for conrad who offers nothing conversation wise but at least keeps it going in some kind of direction

his constant asking of questions and then answering them himself is funny at times.

but his guests seem to have a genuine affinity for him and are at ease giving a good insight into they're lives.

but jesus the eating and drinking thing is annoying

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,823 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Splurging on PW podcasting in work due to travel.

The Talking Shop with Jericho is gas.

I actually laughed out loud at Gallows when he was doing Fink and Michael Gary Capetta impressions.

Advertisement