Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank of Ireland Graduate Programme

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭CavanGal

becm wrote: »
    I know, the waiting is just horrible! I suppose the delay is because they need to compare all of our results, but still...I'd like to know!!

Yeah me too! Also just realised the 9th is Monday which is a Bank Holiday so we might not hear until Tuesday!!

• Registered Users Posts: 37 becm

CavanGal wrote: »
    Yeah me too! Also just realised the 9th is Monday which is a Bank Holiday so we might not hear until Tuesday!!

And that tomorrow being Good Friday most places don't open so it will probably be Wednesday!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Veledan22

Hi Becm, sorry about the delay. I thought that I had my account set up so that I would be notified when someone posted on this thread, but apparently not! Just re-read my previous post, I meant to say that one of my emails said that we would hear back from them about our results on the week starting the 9th. So yeah with the bank holiday I guess that we should hear sometime between tomorrow and Friday. Hopefully it will be good news. Sorry about the confusion everyone!

Slightly stressed out about the numerical test :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 37 becm

Veledan22 wrote: »
    Hi Becm, sorry about the delay. I thought that I had my account set up so that I would be notified when someone posted on this thread, but apparently not! Just re-read my previous post, I meant to say that one of my emails said that we would hear back from them about our results on the week starting the 9th. So yeah with the bank holiday I guess that we should hear sometime between tomorrow and Friday. Hopefully it will be good news. Sorry about the confusion everyone!

Slightly stressed out about the numerical test :eek:

No worries! Slightly stressed in general - it's going to be a long week of waiting! Good luck to everyone! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Anybody get news?

I got to interview stage, didn't think i had a chance.

Now the nerves set in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭joey54

Anybody get news?

Now the nerves set in.

Well done. What was it you applied for?

Anyone else hear anything, good or bad?

joey54 wrote: »
    Well done. What was it you applied for?

Anyone else hear anything, good or bad?

Business Banking.

Anybody get news?

Now the nerves set in.

I got through to it as well. When is yours? Mine is next Wednesday but going to try to change it to either first thing in the morning or last thing in the evening coz have to fit it around my current job. I am also away this weekend so have flip all time to do the presentation. Nerves have definitely set in coz I have no idea what to do for the presentation. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭MoMo1987

Good stuff at least we know they are gettin back to people this week. Did you hear back via email or phone?

Also whats the topic for the presentation?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 eamonpm

I heard back there as well. Interview next Wednesday.

The presentation instructions are as follows;
    Prepare a 6 minute presentation covering the following topics:
    • Your suitability for a place on the Bank of Ireland Futurus Graduate Programme
    • Your understanding of the Banks' business, its strategic objectives and the challenges facing banking in Ireland today
    Your presentation must be no longer than 6 minutes. Please prepare a copy of your presentation to give to the interview panel as you will not have access to multimedia.

• Advertisement

MoMo1987 wrote: »
    Good stuff at least we know they are gettin back to people this week. Did you hear back via email or phone?

Also whats the topic for the presentation?

Heard by email. The presentation is 6 mins on your suitability for the programme, your understanding of the bank's business, its stratrgic objectives and the challenges facing banking in Ireland today. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 214horatio

I got through to the next round as well. Did not think I did a good test to be honest the numerical reasoning was quite difficult. Does anyone have idea how many are going through to the next stage?

Congrats on all who have heard back so far, what section did each of you apply for?

That presentation sounds tricky enuf but at least it is only 6 mins long

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 214horatio

I applied for business banking and retail. You are right about the presentation but I think it will need to be well researched whatever issue you wish to discuss.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 anthonydee

Anyone get a email that they were unsuccessful? I have not received a reply either way, applied for Compliance/Risk?

Got an email today too, my interview isn't until the 23rd though. First choice is business banking. Very nervous about the presentation. No multimedia available :( that could be a very long 6 minutes...
    anthonydee wrote: »
    Anyone get a email that they were unsuccessful? I have not received a reply either way, applied for Compliance/Risk?

Got the email today aswel, interview is also on the 23rd, I went for internal audit myself.

Looking forward to it now, have to do loads of prep

Hopefully those who have the interviews next week will be able to help out

Hi MoMo1987, yeah I know I've got loads to go over for next week too!

What format are you going to hand up your presentation in? I keep going between a word doc or a powerpoint presentation, but can't make up my mind :-(

Got the email today aswel, interview is also on the 23rd, I went for internal audit myself.

Looking forward to it now, have to do loads of prep

Hopefully those who have the interviews next week will be able to help out

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Penny2012

Hi guys,

I got through to the interview stage as well. Though I thought I totally made a fool of myself with the numerical test part...didnt even get to finish it :( oh well, got the interview anyway. I am applying for the HR gradaute role. Anybody else doing that? Im little bit worried about the presentation part. I have done plenty of them in my time but just not sure what format to use etc. I was thinking of just doing power point slides like I would do if I had a computer but then print them out. Best of luck to everybody!

oh yeah, does anybody know what kind of salary are they offering??

Veledan22 Ah yeah but at least we have plenty of time and hopefully with some help can get through it

Im most likely going to do it in Power point, maybe 2 slides a page or something.

What position have you applied for and have you begun your interview prep yet?

• Advertisement

Yeah that's true, definitely glad that we have a week to prep. I'm going for business banking. Just have the outline for my presentation started so far, nothing finalised yet though. Serious research to get through in the next few days. What about you?
    Veledan22 Ah yeah but at least we have plenty of time and hopefully with some help can get through it

Im most likely going to do it in Power point, maybe 2 slides a page or something.

What position have you applied for and have you begun your interview prep yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 mmbc91

Does anyone know how many positions there is?

Also has anyone already done their interview?

mmbc

mmbc91 wrote: »
    Does anyone know how many positions there is?

Also has anyone already done their interview?

mmbc

I did my interview yesterday and they said there are jobs around the country with a higher percentage in Dublin obviously. They didnt give an exact number.

The interview was around an hour. They timed my presentation but allowed me to continue when I ran over time. I only took about another minute. Another girl who interviewed in a room next door to me said she didnt think they timed her but they said they would interupt her if she went on too long. Believe me, 6 minutes isnt that long to talk about all the things they listed in the email.

After the presentation they ask competency based questions such as roles of responsibility, times of stress etc. and then ask questions about your answers; how did you deal with this, how did you feel etc.

The people that interviewed me were lovely, very friendly and encouraging. They did say it would be early may when we hear back so now the wait begins. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 27 mmbc91

That's great news. Which position did you interview for?

Business Banking. Expect to be drained afterwards. I was anyway.

CavanGal wrote: »
    Business Banking. Expect to be drained afterwards. I was anyway.

I am wrecked, you'd swear a i ran a marathon or something :D

Wasn't even that bad but a lot more difficult than an interview i had recently.

I am wrecked, you'd swear a i ran a marathon or something :D

Wasn't even that bad but a lot more difficult than an interview i had recently.

I was the same and then had to spend the afternoon in front of a computer so my brain was a marshmallow when I got home last night.

Exactly, the questions arent difficult but you have to think and I think your adrenaline pumps for the hour you're in there and afterwards, it goes Whoosh! And down you come. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12 dophinsniffer

Hi MoMo1987, yeah I know I've got loads to go over for next week too!

What format are you going to hand up your presentation in? I keep going between a word doc or a powerpoint presentation, but can't make up my mind :-(

Hi all,

Is there any consensus on which format to hand up the copy of the presentation in?

I was thinking of a powerpoint with footnotes...

Yeah, I'm doing mine in powerpoint anyway. Finishing it off at the moment. Can't wait until it's all over tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 dophinsniffer

Yeah, I'm doing mine in powerpoint anyway. Finishing it off at the moment. Can't wait until it's all over tomorrow.

Cheers. Can't wait either, best of luck

Advertisement