Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank of Ireland Graduate Programme

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭advicewhore

Dunston and RachyPie Congrats :)
    Dunston, thought you applied for Capital Markets, are you going to take the group supports role?

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Dunston

Dunston and RachyPie Congrats :)
    Dunston, thought you applied for Capital Markets, are you going to take the group supports role?

Ya its in the credit and market risk department which is what i wanted, the application form was laid out as if group finance and HR made up the other rotations of group supports so thats why i originally went for capital markets, but after things were cleared up in the interview i opted for the credit and market risk division as my first choice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 corkman2011

so who hasn't heard anything yet? Im still in limbo here as i havent recieved a call or an e-mail yet? Dunston and co, im assuming the positions are all in baggot street - did they tell you what the money is?

• Registered Users Posts: 38 RachyPie

I'm not sure if it's in Baggot St. But definitely Dublin anyway. They might have started informing the Group Support roles first, so if you applied for other roles i'd say no news is good news! They'll prob get round to the others later in the week. The woman on the phone did state that she won't be in contact again until next week, so I assume they'll be spending this week letting people know. The salary is 28k.

Thats another way of looking at it! I applied for Capital markets so that puts my mind at ease some bit anyway...i hope your right!!
    25k is what they have paid for the last few years as i have spoken to a number of people who have been on the course in previous years. The feedback has been by an large very good from then also with the exception of the 2009 yr where they took on way too many apparently and only had one rotation. Its a fair bit different from AIB who seem to be taking on 60+ this year!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20 JAJB

Hey corkman.

ive still heard nothing think were the only two on this that are still waiting..
    capital markets was my first choice.but in there i told them i was willing to give any of them a go.. but he told me id fit really well in captl markets which is why i got my hopes up in the first place...i thought advicewhore was capitl mkts but she got her email..

are you still hoping for an offer?

its agonising wondering

Right just got my offer for Capital Markets......in LONDON!! Wasnt expecting that to be fair so i have until tomorrow to decide! Not sure what to do but i suppose i would be made to turn it down. The offer is 28k sterling which i suppose would be similar to living on 28k euros in dublin.

Congrats corkman

just me left to find my fate.........

AGONY

correction £23k which is less in euros than the dub candidates...now i have a really crappy decision to make...good opportunity in the city versus living like a pauper to do it!

eh......at least you have an answer and you have a decision to make.:)
    not so crappy.

• Advertisement

I got capital markets.........dublin..............:)

• Registered Users Posts: 38 RachyPie

Hey,

Just wondering if anyone has heard back since you accepted your offer, about when you're starting? On the call, The lady said the 5th of September to me, but that they might want me to start sooner. Haven't heard anything since.

i was wondering the same thing. :) but have learned not to worry about time delays...:)....im exact same, havent heard since offer and accepetance, but wasnt too worried because i know they checked my references..

ps they also asked if i could start sooner but i thought i needed the month to get sorted... im also due to start the 5th of september....

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭snowflake1989

Hi guys,

Sorry for intruding on your post, but I am thinking of applying for this graduate program and was just wondering what the interview process is like.

It says they do psychometric testing and stuff, just looking for your thoughts on the whole process. Thanks :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 djdes

Hi all,

Applied recently for the capital markets programme. got past the aptitude test, and have interview next week.
    Wondering could anyone give me any tips on the interview, especially the 8 minute presentation.

Thanks in advance
    D.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭MoMo1987

Hi Guys,

Sorry for digging up an old thread, just looking for some info regarding the presentation during the interview process.

I had previously applied for this graduate programme but was unable to attend the interviews last year as they collided with my finals.

I have been keeping a close eye on BOI graduate recruitment page this year and plan to apply the second it opens. I just want to have a presentation prepared so I can attend an interview at short notice.

Just looking for information regarding, presentation topic, best way to prepare for it, type of interviewers you have had, and any other info that you may feel will help.

Thanks so much in advance for any help

Cheers
    MO

• Registered Users Posts: 12,334 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Just wondering what would the topics be covered in these presentations for BIO Interviews? Do you create one with a topic of your choice or do you have to choose from a selective few topics that BIO offer you from a list of topics, you pick one of them to do your presentation on? Does it depend on what type of BIO Graduate programme you choose that the topics will be related to it?

I agree momo, best to have a presentation prepared just in case the graduate programmes start again in the meantime. I remember they were advertised around this month last year and previous Autumn. I missed the deadline to apply I thought that I had the correct date to apply before the deadline but where I got the information source of date was incorrect. Should have check the official BIO careers website on time before relying on the jobs board page.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,528 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Do you have to be a finance/business graduate to apply for these?

Generally its finance/business/economics/statistics/maths but even with an IT background there might be graduate programmes on offer, it be great if you had a business and IT background.

Hopefully someone can give us a heads up on it anyway before the applications open again

I feel your pain doovdela, sure last year the application was only open for like a week at a time. From memory I think it was a little later in the year when it opened, sometime around mid April as far as I know.

Would love to just have some insight into the requirements for the presentation

• Advertisement

Just spotted the closing date for graduate programme applications with Bank of Ireland is the 19th of March. Best of luck to anyone who applies.

http://www.bankofireland.com/about-boi-group/careers/current-opportunities/graduates/

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭QueenV

Did anyone apply?Have they heard back yet?Deadline was on the 19th March

I was going to apply but changed my mind as the graduate programmes on offer didn't appeal to me.

QueenV I have applied but havent heard anything back yet, did you apply? I would expect BOI to start contacting people this week

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Krys22

I applied for the grad programme and I did an online test for them last week, It was hard enough so fingers crossed.

Kyrs22, what position did you apply for? Its great they got back to you so quickly.

Fingers crossed the rest of us will get a shout this week sometime

I put down 3 choices, namely: Business, Retail and Corporate Banking (As far as I remember). I think they're working through the applications chronologically as I applied a few days after the grad programme opened. Good Luck everyone!

Krys22 I just sent you a PM there

Yeah just replied, hopefully it was sent, I am new to this boards thing :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭joey54

Anyone else heard anything?

Advertisement