Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank of Ireland Graduate Programme

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38 RachyPie

So I emailed them and got a reply saying they will let candidates know 'hopefully before the end of june' .. They also apologized for the delay. So we should hear in the next week or so!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭advicewhore

Good work! Oh no another whole week to wait though :( Good luck!!

So has anyone heard anything yet?? If they haven't contacted by tomorrow I'm giving up!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 JAJB

Nope...... hoping and waiting...... we will have to hear by end of next week......................................

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 corkman2011

Hi all,

I e-mailed them on Tuesday and received a reply this morning. It stated that they again apologies for delay and hope to notify all by the beginning of July!! My personal feeling is that they are waiting to see what is going to happen with the Greek vote today and the following aid package before making a decision. If Greece defaulted, nobody would be taken on!

• Advertisement

Ugh, well that's just great...how convenient :( If they don't take anyone on though do you think they'll give us the reason or they'll just tell everyone they didn't get it?

I would imagine it would be a "you have been unsuccessful" e-mail to everyone! I doubt we will ever know as I only know one other waiting plus the 4 or 5 active users here, not exactly enough people to know for sure! Good news is that things are looking up in Europe for the time being after yesterday so it gives them less of an excuse not to take on grads.

The beginning of July...that would have been the 1st no? anyone hear then....?.....................
    really wish we just knew..........

Still nothing...I emailed them earlier in the week as well and never got a reply!

well they did have an EGM today which will def decide the fate of us graduates ie pray they retain majority shareholding.

• Advertisement

It is a bit ridiculous now, I mean they should have contacted us all to let us know the status of our applications, even if they are still deciding whether they can even take on graduates. I mean how long are they going to wait before telling us they won't be taking us on? Interviews were 7 weeks ago now at this stage!

So has anyone followed up with them again/heard anything?
    Almost 2 months! Are you all still holding out for these positions or have people moved on?

Hi RachyPie! Everytime I get an email about this thread I think someone has a job and I don't ha. Still no word, I emailed them about 2 weeks ago and no reply! I haven't applied for any other jobs as I've been busy finishing my Masters but would have loved to know if I got this position as I'm planning to move to London in September anyways and the one I wanted was in London! Obviously would have been nice to know I had a job going. I really hope they will contact us soon either way to just let us know, I'm sick of looking at my phone waiting for it to ring!!

advicewhore. that is exactly what i thought when i saw i had an email from the thread... same with looking at my phone too..:)..
    rachypie i called and they said the next two weeks which would be this week or next week.... but im doubtful although they did say the programme was still goin ahead........
    id def still grab a position if offered. Trying to make other plans for September - but kind of hard to make anything concrete until I know about this because itd be my first choice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 achilles14

Check your mail. I got a letter in the post today with an offer!!

Congratulations! What position is it for?

Congrats Achilles 14!

Just wanted to check. Ive safely assumed that since I havnt received an offer in last three days that I have been unsuccessful but just checking has anyone else got the offer/rejection...........
    still niggling me that i havnt got a firm no or whatever..:)

I still haven't received anything

Me neither. :(

Do you mind me askin.. have you given up on it?

I would just like to get the rejection letter if its due. so i can be definate.

• Advertisement

I'm still hoping to receive an offer. My interview went really well, and as you mentioned, they said another 2 weeks so there's still hope. Not that i'd be surprised if i got a rejection, though, having heard nothing for so long now.

Yeah to be honest, i had felt the same like i came out thinking it was the best interview i've done.. as time as gone on Im doubting myself and thinking maybe they were just really great HR people...........and had good interview technique......
    At least we are all in the same boat... Maybe things changed and ther not taking as many grad's as they first thought.....
    I guess we'll have to keep our fingers crossed and sit tight..
    We will have to have heard by end of july for def...
    best of luck and if you get offer be sure and post so we'll be put out of our misery with waiting...:)

Congrats,achilles14! What position was your offer for? I haven't heard anything yet either but at this stage I'd just like the PFO so I can move on, and I think they owe us at least some sort of contact after EIGHT weeks of waiting!!

Got my rejection today...9 weeks later, but at least it's closure :P Hope you guys were more successful than me!!

did you get it by post?

Nope, email! I reckon they probably send offers in the post and PFOs by email! If you have nothing it is a good sign, no news is good news, although at this rate it could be next year before you hear anything from them!

advicewhore if its any consolation, i am sitting tight for my rejection too..ill let you know when it gets here!
    all the best in the future.
    so sound that you posted when you heard.
    im sure there is something that is meant for us on the job front just around the corner.... we'll just have to sit tight!

Hey guys, just got a call from head office offering me the position, starting in september! I'm delighted :D

So sorry to hear that you didn't get what you wanted advicewhore, it's been a fairly annoying couple of weeks sitting around waiting for them to call. They really could have let people know sooner.

Best of luck to anyone else still waiting!

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Dunston

I was offered a place on the Group Supports Programme, i was called earlier today, if you haven't heard anything yet it can only be a good thing, best of luck!

• Advertisement

Congrats!!

i havent heard...am not getting my hopes up that its a good sign. but thanks!

Advertisement