Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

London Marathon 22/4/2012

Options
1181920212224»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,597 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Just had my complimentary can of London Pride - was to scuttered to have it on Sunday night tbh.

Didn't taste too bad actually and might help to erase the memory of getting passed out by a man dressed as a pea outside Buckingham Palace......

• Registered Users Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭Clearlier

Abhainn wrote: »

Most interesting half split of the day? Runner 1086.
    1:19:28 & 1:10:27.

He passed me at about 25k. One of 3 runners just to pass me from 9 miles to the finish. I remember his no and logged in the memory bank

Damn. I'd have had him up on the cross, before you could say 'Lee'. smile.gif
    I see he has a PB of 2:16:49. Perhaps he was using it as a training run in the lead up to a New Zealand Olympic qualification? No shame in being passed by a 2:16 runner. biggrin.gif Here's an article on him. Actually it was just a training run, as he was hoping to be 'in the top 400 at half-way and the top 50- at the finish'. Has the 'B' standard. Came 14th in Berlin. eek.gif

Paul occasionally posts on the sub-3 thread on runners world with the handle of marders. It was a training run for him. He intended to go 80/69 for the two halves but pushed it too hard and only just got in under 2:30. He's running Prague in a couple of weeks in a last ditch attempt to go under 2:15. If anyone ran London last year he was the 2:45 pacer then. Incidentally he was the first runner home with a negative split. The second half of London this year was definitely harder than the first.

Well done to all on your results. I've enjoyed the race reports. Some cracking times and great stories of perseverance. Hopefully I'll be there again next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,963 ✭✭✭opus

A good analysis of the winner's performances on the Science of Sport site.

Wilson Kipsang and Mary Keitany conquer the world's most competitive marathon

• Registered Users Posts: 9,597 ✭✭✭Cartman78

I guess most of you might already have seen this but just in case you need to release your inner nerd just another bit......
    http://www.runpix1.com/arace4/00/lon12/ge42.php?ln=

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,066 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Cartman78 wrote: »
    I guess most of you might already have seen this but just in case you need to release your inner nerd just another bit......
    http://www.runpix1.com/arace4/00/lon12/ge42.php?ln=

Didn't know about that.

Need to put my fot down over the last 7km obviously:
    Over final 7 km
    You passed
    runners

And
    passed you
    :(:(:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭ManFromAtlantis

jeez shels , kick a man when hes down :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭shels4ever

jeez shels , kick a man when hes down :)

That was the wrong info :)

Over final 7 km
    You passed
    runners
    And
    passed you

I was the one been kicked :).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭Abhainn

Robin & shels that was a bit like me last year

Over final 7 km
    You passed
    runners

And
    passed you

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭village runner

I passed 162 and no one passed me. I must have been stink.lol

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,066 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

You should have run faster earlier on if you were going that fast. :D

• Advertisement

robinph wrote: »

You should have run faster earlier on if you were going that fast. :D
    I didn't speed up just steady. Last 400 m alright. Haven't ran since so it was all I could do on the day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,983 ✭✭✭TheRoadRunner

You passed 77 and 0 passed you. Yeah great Im delighted :rolleyes: let's get down to the real stats.

Opposite Sex
    For the record, you were ahead of about 100% of women runners.

Refcuking-sult. Had already checked this in main results :D but technically didn't get chicked. Delighted that elite women are a separate race. Hurrah for sexism :)

You passed 77 and 0 passed you. Yeah great Im delighted :rolleyes: let's get down to the real stats.

Opposite Sex
    For the record, you were ahead of about 100% of women runners.

Refcuking-sult. Had already checked this in main results :D but technically didn't get chicked. Delighted that elite women are a separate race. Hurrah for sexism :)

Did you catch any of the tail-enders from the elite race though, that should be the next target to make up on the head start they get.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,983 ✭✭✭TheRoadRunner

robinph wrote: »
    Did you catch any of the tail-enders from the elite race though, that should be the next target to make up on the head start they get.

Nah they had a 45 min head start. I'd expect them to drop out before catching them.

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Podge83

This is what a jax stop at 20 miles gets you:

"Over final 7 km You passed 54 runners and 3 passed you"

• Registered Users Posts: 45 fowler1

You do not pass village runner , you go around him;)

fowler1 wrote: »
    You do not pass village runner , you go around him;)
    Looking forward to it already. As Dublin is 3 weeks after Chicago I might pace you around Dublin as I won't be 100%. Us big lads climb over the WALL.

Advertisement