Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bargain Alerts Clare

Options
  • 19-04-2011 11:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭

Hi folks, Just a start but.

but 3 small easter eggs in Dunnes for 5 euro. - plenty of stock (101g packs)
    155890.gif

Or 3 medium eggs in centra Clarecastle for 5euro- plenty of stock. dairymilk, dairymilk caramel, buttons, crunchy. (142g Approx)

155891.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Fair play kollegeknight for coming up with the "Clare Bargain Alerts" idea. This could be a great thread if enough people get behind it!

clapping-hands.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Kilnababe

In fairness to Centra they have some great specials at the moment. 2kg Rooster potatoes for €2, I think that beats all the big supermarkets. Molloys butchers have some good specials also.

Dunnes Stores are doing 4 Palmolive Liquid Handsoap 300ml for €4. They are normally €2.04 each.

palmolive-superdrug-hand-treatments-liquid-hand-soap-milk-and-honey.jpgproduct_handsoap_odeur.jpgpalmolive-liquid-hand-soap-tp_2146556520734159653.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭maiden

Ha ha I got there before you kollegeknight!!!!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055663570

maiden wrote: »
    Ha ha I got there before you kollegeknight!!!!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055663570
    God be with the days back in 2009 Maiden when we could turn our noses up at a bargain. Hopefully, everyone with get on board now and post the bargains they come across :)

• Advertisement

Got these in tesco the other day, buy one get TWO free!!!!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056242975

Also bought 4 of these in Coonagh as pressies, coffee cafitiere, usually 18.99, now 2.25

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056239528

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭poppyvalley

Kilnababe wrote: »
    In fairness to Centra they have some great specials at the moment. 2kg Rooster potatoes for €2, I think that beats all the big supermarkets. Molloys butchers have some good specials also.

Aldi's do a 7.5k bag of fantastic roosters for 3.75euro

Dunnes Stores are selling Finish Powerball Dishwasher tabs (84) for €10.00, normally €24.39.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=71800859#post71800859

Anyone thinking of buying "roundup" for the weeds. Please shop around,We got it at rock-bottom price of 26 euru for 1 litre. Woodie's was 36 euro,Shannonside was 34e. I dont want to mention the shop in Ennis, b'cos the last time I praised a guy for his low prices, he raised them the very next day! feel free to pm me if you want to know the name of the shop

Anyone thinking of buying "roundup" for the weeds. Please shop around,We got it at rock-bottom price of 26 euru for 1 litre. Woodie's was 36 euro,Shannonside was 34e. I dont want to mention the shop in Ennis, b'cos the last time I praised a guy for his low prices, he raised them the very next day! feel free to pm me if you want to know the name of the shop
    Poppyvalley would you mind sending me the details by PM? I need to treat my driveway. Many thanks, Mrs. D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Feel free to praise local businesses for their prices, if they raise them someone else can report on the change

Centra on the gort road are going their roast dinners for 4.99.

They had beef, pork, bacon, chicken kiev and lasange on yesterday!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭omahaid

Kevin Leydon butchers do a massive bbq deal for €20.

6 bbq pork chops
    10 beef burgers
    6 bbq sausages
    15 pieces of bbq chicken
    tray of cajun baby potatoes

Original Source Shower Gel reduced from €2.75 to €1.24 in Tesco

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056248824

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Mace in Shannon have 600 Lyon's tea bags for €11.99

Supervalu in Killaloe have 20 bottles (300ml) of Budweiser for €15 (75 cent each). They also have Daz (80 wash) for €13.50.

These offers should be available in all the other Supervalu stores within the county & the country.

Tesco were selling fresh cod for 6euro a kilo during last week.Dunno if it's still the same

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭User Friendly

MrsD007 wrote: »
    Supervalu in Killaloe have 30 bottles (300ml) of Budweiser for €15 (75 cent each).
    :o

:o
    LOL :D:D Obviously, it is 20 bottles for €15.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭User Friendly

MrsD007 wrote: »
    LOL :D:D Obviously, it is 20 bottles for €15.
    ahhh............ ok,great deal all the same,i belive tesco have the same deal, 20 bud for 15e

• Advertisement

Supervalu are also doing 20 Carlsberg (300ml) bottles for €15.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

Wards XL in Clarecastke have :
    24 x 500ml bottles of ishka water for 6.49e (the brand changes sometimes)

Bord na Mona instant fire 4.99e (always at this price and cheapest ive seen.

bordnamonabbq.jpg

Heinz beans 4 pack for 1.99e

CLEN1900.jpg

Centra in clarecastle has cans of carling for 1euro (personally not a fan of the stuff.

Clonroad garden centre has blight resistant seed potatoes 2 for 1 (2.5kg bags 5.99e)

Wards XL in Clarecastke have :
    Heinz beans 4 pack for 1.99e

CLEN1900.jpg
    That's a very good price, they are normally €2.89 in Tesco.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭emer_b

I priced around for Roundup last year. Came across Gallup which does the exact same job for spraying weeds around driveways etc, and is just over half the price of roundup, can be bought in the co-op on Quin road (opposite mart).
    I was also looking for creosote blend for fence painting, 25litre, and the co-op was 10euro cheaper than mcinernys and Shannonside.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Kilnababe

Tesco have own brand shower gel 500ml - 79c. Nice stuff too!!

I've seen the following special offers in Tesco

Nivea “Sunkids” Children’s Sun Spray SPF 50+ 200ml (Ideal for babies, toddlers and young children)

IDShot_225x225.jpg

Was €16.56, is now €8.28

Magnum Snack Size 6 Pack 360Ml is now half price - €2.38

2 Mini Classic
    2 Mini Almond
    2 Mini White

IDShot_225x225.jpg

Centra in clarecastle have 20 bottles of 330ml heineken for 17euro. they also have 40 wash persil powder for 8 euro.

durex condoms 12 pack... 2 boxes for 14ero in boots. 1 box for 6euro in tesco

Tattinger Brut Reserve is now half price in Tesco (€29.99).

I have purchased this champagne everytime it has been on offer and I think its lovely. At €29.99, I feel it is good value for a bottle of Tattinger, it also makes for a nice gift for a special birthday or anniversary.

TAITTINGER%20RESERVE%20BRUT%20CHAMPAGNE_250x460.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭omahaid

pigsback have the following

€59 instead of €125 for an Annual Family Membership to all 7 of the Shannon Heritage Attractions!

I thought it was pretty good...

Advertisement