Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dont Tell the Bride

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 84,825 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

A new series started back last night on RTE 2

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Geez, that chap was very brave. I'll put it in spoilers anyway
    A wedding in IKEA? Brave chap. Looked like rubbish like.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,150 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

It was okay but I think the whole thing is a staged. They probably had the wedding their hoping to get vouchers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

Why did he pock IKEA??

Why did he pock IKEA??
    He said they always had fights their and he wanted it to make a happy memory their. My theory is they planned it and hoped to get vouchers because of the advertising IKEA would get!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

He said they always had fights their and he wanted it to make a happy memory their. My theory is they planned it and hoped to get vouchers because of the advertising IKEA would get!

That's brill !!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    A new series started back last night on RTE 2

Is it a new series or is this a left over from the last series?

I noticed the mother of the bride did not feature at all... episode delayed due to dispute?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

amtc wrote: »
    I'd love a follow up, surely one of the couples must be separated or divorced by now.

Couple from the first series that were from Dundalk... split quite soon after.

mloc123 wrote: »
    Couple from the first series that were from Dundalk... split quite soon after.

I did a little bit of research and from I can gather. They didn't last long at all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭twirlagig

Is this on tonight? My mother texted me to say it was??

• Advertisement

twirlagig wrote: »
    Is this on tonight? My mother texted me to say it was??

Yes, its 10pm now not 9.

Yes, its 10pm now not 9.

Thanks, just saw your reply :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,071 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

He looks like Bryan Mcfadden imo

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭jack747

This show is like a reincarnation of top40 hits. All the current tunes in every shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,190 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

They seem like a lovely couple. Not sure about the blue dress though.....

Samsgirl wrote: »
    They seem like a lovely couple. Not sure about the blue dress though.....

Dress was gorgeous..Blue though??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,190 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Very Blue!!
    The dress was beautiful before they dyed it.

Aw now his song brought a tear to the eye

Geeze how much did they pay for that venue? That was mental, 1400 quid!

Why both colours blue and purple :confused: liked the 80s theme reception

• Advertisement

There seems to be running theme of making the wedding all about where we met etc. Why not just have a lovely wedding without gimmicks!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Dovies wrote: »
    Why not just have a lovely wedding without gimmicks!

This shows only exist due to the shock value, lovely weddings would be boring to the casual viewers, they want drama and things to scoff at.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭pooch90

They really need to do a budget breakdown. Blue wedding dress one had a well known wedding band, doubt they were less than a grand, dress was 1400 etc. Bring back the bridesmaid shopping too, that was always entertaining

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

Only briefly caught some of last nights episode. The bride seemed surprised to find out she was getting married in a church, surely she was there when she had to do the paper work with the HSE.

Peaky Blinders wedding :p

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Peaky Blinders wedding :p

Was it on again? Last episode I saw was Jamie putting a blue dye on the wedding dress! Where are the weeks going???? :)

twirlagig wrote: »
    Was it on again? Last episode I saw was Jamie putting a blue dye on the wedding dress! Where are the weeks going???? :)

I think last Monday's episode is repeated on Sat or Sun late on RTE 2, probably also on player

I watched the recent E4 one, with a Neighbours wrestling groom :D poor bride

I feel like the E4 one has been very poor and mean spirited since it came back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭stapolinhosting

BanzaiBk wrote: »
    I'm a huge DTTB fan :o but I there was something off with last night's episode. Just something I couldn't put my finger on.

Did you figure out what was off about it... I was the groom and was just going through the comments after I was chatting with someone about the program.

I watched it again the other day, and looking back at it I wonder how I managed to get it all in for 10k, the photographer was a friend (savings! :) ).

You would be very surprised how cheap you can get stuff when a business thinks they are getting free promotion by having them on TV. We were not allowed to take anything for free, or too cheap (in case we made the business look cheap), but we did get some good deals along the way. The boat from the church to the hotel was a gift from the owner (Viking Mick), we have been bringing the kids on his boat for years, plus he made a few bob from sales in the galley.

The dress, well, I always thought straps were what she wanted.. I guess I was wrong! lol.. Still, at the end of the day, she said the dress grew on her and she ended up liking it a lot.

The mother-in-law complaining about no food.. she was rightly p*ssed at that point, and by the look of it, very hungry! LOL

The bridesmaid that backed out.. there was a disagreement, but it was supposed to have been resolved. Guess it wasnt. I tried to contact her a few times but I think at that point she had made her mind up that she didn't want to be part of it anymore. No hard feeling from this end. I had another friend of Stephs jump in at the last minute and she did a great job.

fairy light backdrop... I would have gotten that anyway. Better than a bare wall! I wanted uplights for the pillars in the room but was advised against it in case one of the kids tripped over one and got hurt.

The banner stand.. I can't remember if I just got that myself or it came from the 10k budget, but it wasn't expensive.. and we got to keep it, a great memory to have for a part of the show I really wanted to be there for but couldn't. My son did a great job at proposing, so I was still very happy.

Saw a few people asking if I put my own money to the budget. The simple answer is yes, I was allowed to put up to 2k of my own money on top of it. I think I ended up only spending about 500 of my own money on things like the flowergirl dress and shoes (yes, I actually forgot to get them, and had to do a runner into town off-camera and grab them).

Here is what nobody saw.. The night before the wedding, I put the kids into the car and we went to collect the wedding dress. On the way back the car broke down and battery on my phone had died! Managed to get a phone from a shop owner who let me call the insurance, who sent out a tow truck and also called the mother in law to arrange to pick up the kids from the side of the road.. The kids thought it was hilarious lol.. But I had a wedding dress to get home with and didn't seem too funny to me at the time, but when I look back all I can do is laugh. We ended up having to get Sephs uncle to go to her mothers and steal her can from her lol.. so we ended up pulling up to the church in a ford fiesta, with the best man (Colly) squashed between 2 large car seats in the back!

For anyone wondering, its far from staged or scripted.. You might have to say a few things over and over or repeat something you did so the crew could record it from another angle, but its definitely not scripted. The planning was all done by me, the only thing I needed to do was let the production company know what I was planning and where I was going so they could arrange permission to film.

Any other lads considering doing it.. its feckin easy to plan a wedding!! When there is only one person involved in the whole process, you fly through it. I think I actually say this on camera at some point in the show lol

Anyway, im nto divorced or dead yet, so I guess I did OK :)

Advertisement