Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dont Tell the Bride

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,712 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

Good job from the Groom!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭trixychic

God I have to disagree. The dress was nice. But id hate to get married so close to the house!!! And as for the restaurant. You have to split ppl between 3 floors??? And no where to dance afterwards. I didn't like that one at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,712 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

trixychic wrote: »
    God I have to disagree. The dress was nice. But id hate to get married so close to the house!!! And as for the restaurant. You have to split ppl between 3 floors??? And no where to dance afterwards. I didn't like that one at all.

Did you see the Batman suit one??! :D:D:D

Did you see the Batman suit one??! :D:D:D

God it was shocking. But I don't think the Irish men are doing well this year. I remember a few seasons back a guy did up a barn with beautiful greenery. It was amazing.

As for the batman suits.... It have turned and walked away!!! I still can't believe he did that!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 85,428 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

The bride this week reminded me of Caoimhe from Fair City

Elmo and Hughie did well (groom and best man reminded me of them from Love/Hate)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,334 ✭✭✭✭ted1

The basement wad the dance floor

ted1 wrote: »
    The basement wad the dance floor

Wasn't really big enough though. And those stairs would kill me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Roy_Keane16

I thought you had to be slightly mental to get picked for the show. They seemed like a decent couple tonight. It all went too well...it needed Patricia from room to improve to wade in last minute to tell him he's gone way over budget.. :-) no drama tonight

I thought you had to be slightly mental to get picked for the show. They seemed like a decent couple tonight. It all went too well...it needed Patricia from room to improve to wade in last minute to tell him he's gone way over budget.. :-) no drama tonight

Ha ha ha

Wasn't really big enough though. And those stairs would kill me.

Perfect size for 80 people

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭skittles8710

Perfect size for 80 people

Just aswell ye two arent marrying each other : P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,090 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Really enjoyed last night - being a 'local'. The stag was in the Watermill - their steak on a stone is fab. Thought he did a great job - lots of people are in walking distance to their local church so the fact that the venue was near the house is irrelevant (IMO). I have been in that restaurant and its lovely but I do agree with splitting guests was a bad idea. Even saw my brother in law on the telly - he missed himself though and had to rewind!

Just aswell ye two arent marrying each other : P

I may be open to the idea

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

Well done to the groom and his best man...the opposite of last week's moronic duo!

I would love to have attended that wedding. It would have been memorable for all the right reasons.

She was an unbelievably stunning bride also!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

So your man bought her a pre owned dress, yet went shopping for matching suits for himself and his sidekicks, Bill and ben? They had pizza sitting in a pub, while him and his cohorts had fresh large steaks? How did he expect her to ride a vespa in a wedding dress. Christ, the men on these shows keep being absolute dicks, frankly.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,134 ✭✭✭screamer

Thought it was awful the pizza and beer and stupid super Mario stuff he organised for her hen whilst he and his mates had steak on a stone and cocktails. Id be far from impressed.

Overall I find it impossible even naieve to believe that any couple applying for this program wouldn't discuss their wishes together before filming. Id say many the groom to be had it well drilled in what type of dress she wants..... I think it's all made up for the cameras where he picks something totally different to what she picks out and loves.

So your man bought her a pre owned dress, yet went shopping for matching suits for himself and his sidekicks, Bill and ben? They had pizza sitting in a pub, while him and his cohorts had fresh large steaks? How did he expect her to ride a vespa in a wedding dress. Christ, the men on these shows keep being absolute dicks, frankly.
    And yet they still find someone to marry them. I agree with you by the way the selfishness was unreal.

I mean it wasn't even a nice pub, it was the local. And while him and his mates has beauty treatments to 'feel like women' he gave them a load of false moustaches and a couple of mario bros outfits, christ.

I mean screamer is probably right, it was indeed played up to the camera, god help him if it wasn't. She'd be making him pay for that for the rest of his life.

I focused on the day itself to be honest as hen/stags are a load of nonsense anyway.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,648 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

What's wrong with a bewutiful dress that was worn by someone else before? Reduce reuse and recycle is good. Plus bear in mind he will wear his suit again. Hers was for one day. One day when she looked beautiful.
    I think it was a very good move on the grooms part.

Pizza in a pub.
    Have you seen this program before???? This hen was nothing compared to some of the other awful stuff the grooms organise.

The vespa.
    He didn't expect her to go on it. It was a joke. He had organised a horse and carriage which came along after the vespa.

Seriously have you seen this program before??

• Advertisement

Plus, if the programme was called:

'Don't Tell the Bride…That Her Man Will Organise the Wedding Exactly as She Wants and Get Everything Perfectly Right'

nobody would watch it!

It's not the fact that her hen party was awful his was much better comparitavely. I don't think there is any bride who would be happy with that.
    Ah sure he's eating steak whilst I'm chomping on soggy pizza but sure it's grand he loves me......yeah right id be fuming.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭Milly33

Nothing wrong with a preowned dress sure tis mad how much people pay for them.

As for the pizza and beer whats wrong with that tis what you make of it... I like the shows, in fairness the men are dead right..Dont waste any money on silly things..

Would have so left my man do it

screamer wrote: »
    It's not the fact that her hen party was awful his was much better comparitavely. I don't think there is any bride who would be happy with that.
    Ah sure he's eating steak whilst I'm chomping on soggy pizza but sure it's grand he loves me......yeah right id be fuming.

It about the company..

Exactly...Women get to grips with yerselfs

It about the company..

If it was about the company, why didn't she get the fancy steak and what not, and they have the pizza?

Because 9 times out of 10 it is normally the lads sitting in the local bar and the ladies out getting all treated he was doing a role reversal

If it was about the company, why didn't she get the fancy steak and what not, and they have the pizza?

How would that differentiate her Hen from any other night?

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭skittles8710

I think I love the best man in tonight's episode *flustered *

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,648 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Ooh I like this dress on the model

Advertisement