Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clonmel Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭john 08

hi, im hoping someone can help me out. im looking for a life down to waterford for tuesday morning between 8-8.30. i have to get down to WIT by 9.30 and there is nt any bus/train going to waterford till 9.55 that morning. if anyone can help me out or has information on how i can go about getting a lift it would be greatly appreciated.
    johnny.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭LoveCoke

john 08 wrote: »
    hi, im hoping someone can help me out. im looking for a life down to waterford for tuesday morning between 8-8.30. i have to get down to WIT by 9.30 and there is nt any bus/train going to waterford till 9.55 that morning. if anyone can help me out or has information on how i can go about getting a lift it would be greatly appreciated.
    johnny.
    are you sure ther is not one earlier 8 am or even 7.30? this still run

http://www.buseireann.ie/pdf/1202386899-367.pdf

LoveCoke wrote: »
    are you sure ther is not one earlier 8 am or even 7.30? this still run

http://www.buseireann.ie/pdf/1202386899-367.pdf

I think John08 is right and this is the summer schedule http://www.buseireann.ie/pdf/1360753090-055.
    Check out this site http://getthere.ie/carshare-5194

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Monisey

There is a bus at 7.30. Will the schedule change for the summer?

Monisey wrote: »

The timetable I put up is from Bus Eireann official website. There has been some cutbacks in routes in the recent past. Ring their Waterford number for the correct times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭john 08

i messaged that person about the car sharing but no reply as of yet. not sure why there is nt any buses going earlier during the summer as im sure people would need to travel down to waterford earlier than 9.55.

i rang up bus eireann, theres a bus leaving clonmel at 7.30. thanks for help :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,800 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

john 08 wrote: »
    i messaged that person about the car sharing but no reply as of yet. not sure why there is nt any buses going earlier during the summer as im sure people would need to travel down to waterford earlier than 9.55.

i rang up bus eireann, theres a bus leaving clonmel at 7.30. thanks for help :)

The 7.30am bus runs all year. The 8am runs when the college is open.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭archtech

Monisey wrote: »

was on the 7.30 bus this morning and it stopped outside the college at 8.10 approx. A few people do a daily commute to work in waterford on the bus from clonmel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭sillymoo

I am going to be working in Clonmel for the next year. Any good gyms about that will not break the bank? My current gym offers kettlebells classes which I am quite fond of and would like to keep up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

Kettlebells, check out the Forge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,696 ✭✭✭✭dahat

sillymoo wrote: »
    I am going to be working in Clonmel for the next year. Any good gyms about that will not break the bank? My current gym offers kettlebells classes which I am quite fond of and would like to keep up.

Park Hotel is about as reasonable as you get but they are in administration just now but by all accounts it seems to less in danger than other Hotel's in the group.
    Yearly membership could be gotten for 300 euro i'd say and that includes Gym,Pool,Sauna,Classes etc..don't think there is anywhere cheaper in town.They do offer a trial before joining just contact the Leisure Centre itself.

Koolskool offer pay as you go Classes for 5 a time if that suits,have never been to the Kettlebell classes there

iceage wrote: »
    Kettlebells, check out the Forge.

Extremely costly though,25 euro ish weekly i think

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

Heard they were expensive alright, but I'm reliably told they are a serious X fit gym.. I'll stick to my hand barbells anyway, the thought of paying someone to show you how to swing a weight boggles me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Fionn

Cllr Pat English is deemed to be the new Mayor of Clonmel in its present configuration.

The Borough Council, formerly Clonmel Corporation is to be abolished in 2014.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,482 ✭✭✭touts

Fionn wrote: »
    Cllr Pat English is deemed to be the new Mayor of Clonmel in its present configuration.

The Borough Council, formerly Clonmel Corporation is to be abolished in 2014.

There's the answer to a Table Quiz question no one will get in 13 months. "Who was the last Mayor of Clonmel".

Anyone know of a place in town who could try fix an Ipod Nano for me?Menu button isn't working.
    I tried Spocks but they don't touch them

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭boiledeggs

Anybody know which driving instructors in town are best?
    Don't want to throw away a bunch of money to only go and fail

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭AK333

dahat wrote: »
    Anyone know of a place in town who could try fix an Ipod Nano for me?Menu button isn't working.

Sorry I don't know but thought you might ask Game Stop, they may know of someone, or try the computer shops/IT, they might be able to suggest something.

Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

dahat wrote: »
    PM sent

Micky Lynch is one of the best driving instructors in the town. Very nice guy, most of my family used him for driving lessons. I'm sure his number is online.

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭andrewdeerpark

Another Clonmel man's property empire formally laid to rest yesterday: Michael Woodlock.

http://www.irishtimes.com/business/sectors/financial-services/bank-order-for-19m-against-clonmel-businessman-1.1434094

V's the good olde days of property excess

http://www.independent.ie/unsorted/property/flancare-has-plans-for-26m-longford-development-26092005.html

In the boom times he owned a helicopter to oversee his property empire.

Wonder will he go writing books and putting himself about for radio and TV sound-bytes like Mordaunt?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

Another Clonmel man's property empire formally laid to rest yesterday: Michael Woodlock.

http://www.irishtimes.com/business/sectors/financial-services/bank-order-for-19m-against-clonmel-businessman-1.1434094

V's the good olde days of property excess

http://www.independent.ie/unsorted/property/flancare-has-plans-for-26m-longford-development-26092005.html

In the boom times he owned a helicopter to oversee his property empire.

Wonder will he go writing books and putting himself about for radio and TV sound-bytes like Mordaunt?

If the rumours are anything to go by, plan b is well under way

• Registered Users Posts: 3,226 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

If the rumours are anything to go by, plan b is well under way

Fellas like that always have a plan b, no matter what they always end up relatively well off in the end. Not back down to reality like any ordinary person would.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Trhiggy83

Is there any areas in clonmel that should be avoided if you are looking for a place to rent in the town.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭pooch90

There's a few threads here about renting in Clonmel that should give you whatever info you need, just do a quick search

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭icjzfmq7ewon1t

I heard Mr. Bumbles has reopened under new management can anyone confirm this.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,628 ✭✭✭✭klose

Work going on in o connell malll again, anyone hear anything about it?

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭andrewdeerpark

Mr Bumbles is indeed open just saw a posting from a friend of mine on FB.

She said the food was very good hope it has a good standard and does well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,226 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

klose wrote: »
    Work going on in o connell malll again, anyone hear anything about it?

That's where Dealz are going. Apparently using the while building, apart form connollys menswear.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Mr Bumbles is indeed open just saw a posting from a friend of mine on FB.

She said the food was very good hope it has a good standard and does well.
    Good news,hope they do well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

That's where Dealz are going. Apparently using the while building, apart form connollys menswear.
    Another 2 euro shop is it ?

Advertisement