Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clonmel Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭KanyeSouthEast

Willie Walsh in the narrow street is a long established local business. Also there’s a barber down in davis road dunnes that seems now to be the place to go. It’s by appointment too which Is handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭bmc58

Peter's (he's from Ukraine) shop beside the closed Heatons in O'Connell st ,married and living in Ireland for years.Perfect English (doesn't like Putin at all).Good barber and nice fellow,been going to him for years.No appointment needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,297 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Thanks for the above. The appointment thing wouldn't really suit me tough.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,379 ✭✭✭cml387

another vote for Willie. Been going there for years (but he has very little work to do on my head😀

• Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭julyjane

In today's episode of "Problems that nobody saw coming"

https://tippfm.com/featured-2/calls-combat-anti-social-behaviour-clonmel/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭Ceepo

The only thing new about this is the location. I'm not sure if amount of people throwing rubbish around the place is actually on the increase but it certainly looks like it. And I'd also add its not just young offenders either.

The amount of rubbish thrown around the Pagar and the new Centra is disgusting. The Centra had a rubbish bin outside but they had to bring it in inside the door as some people were using it for there domestic waste. Also people having their takeaway in there cars and just leaving the empty cartons and bag on the ground and driving away. There's no excuse for that behaviour.

I am not excusing litter or ASB

But a lot of bins were removed and replaced with fewer larger bins. The council do not seem to understand people who litter won't walk to a bin. That is not excusing it just the way some people are.

The bin was removed from the railway station too. People won't bring litter on the train. Council do not seem to understand people.

The ASB will probably be allowed go on until people kick up like the drugging in O'Connell Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

But the drugging in O’Connell Street hasn’t stopped. Until the guards get back on the streets and are given powers to move the gurriers on, then it wont stop.

Has it not? The druggies are not around the laneway like they were though. Someone who works in main Street told me the Gardai do regular foot patrols.

They have power to move agressive beggars

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭jkmanc1974

not down the lane way for the last couple of weeks however certain people involved can be seen in any part of town throughout the day(Dunnes/Quays etc)

fine cuts in Irishtown best barber in town, ref the Garda patrols plenty of them about in town lately, how long that will last is anyone’s guess

• Advertisement

Where would you suggest they move them on too?

I don’t suppose they move them anywhere.

Prosecute the dealers/suppliers and give the users treatment to get them off the drugs.

But its a three strikes and you are out - if you dont participate in programmes then you go to jail.

We should balance the rights of everyone, why should the majority of law abiding people be tormented with the few that think because the are addicts and had a hard life, that they have a right to rob and harass and make the town a no go area. I obviously don’t have all the answers but we have to do something radically different to what has been done for the last few years - there has to be boundaries.

Thanks for the clarification. And I wouldn't disagree with your approach or your sentiment really.

But that's a bit different than giving the guards the power to move them on!

They have to do something. We can’t allow women (or men for that matter) fighting over drugs on a Saturday afternoon in the middle of town. If moving them in those instances is the only thing available, then they do it. Trouble is, as far as I can see, there is no plan at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,550 ✭✭✭✭klose

All the drugs are from the knackers, every halting site around town should be raided spontaneously and often, fcuk them, absolute parasites on society.

I'd agree with you there and they should be also back up with Cab. Confiscate everything they have until they can prove where the got everything. If they can produce a reciept great, then show where they could fund it.

I'm not sure that even the last raid done anything to stop them selling, I seen them doing a house delivery on Queen Street the following day.

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭Recliner

Serious question: when this plaza was being spoken about and planned, what was the actual idea behind it? As in what did the planners think it would be used for. I've driven past it numerous times and the only people I seen in there are gangs of teenagers. Usually male.

I believe some of the local female MMA wannabe were at it again today outside McDonald's and also down the lane towards the carpark.

With a bit of helping hand in the form of slaps/punches from the supporters

It had split up before the cop's got there. Which wasn't very long btw.

Sure it's part of their culture you know

• Registered Users Posts: 11,550 ✭✭✭✭klose

Yeah, you'd have to wonder alright. At the least they should move the farmers market there? Does seem like the rest of the barracks is being worked on for public use? It's gated off but its all landscaped and tarmaced etc...

In all fairness it’s only opened a few weeks and it’s the middle of winter. There was a lovely Christmas event there in December and I’m sure there will be events held in the summer. Outdoor plazas aren’t really a thing in ireland much due to our weather so let’s give it a chance. The ETB/Tipperary college are moving there also so that will give the whole area a bit of a boost also. The area itself looks fantastic in fairness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,384 ✭✭✭decies

there was about 8 teenagers sitting on railing off the steps bouncing up and down trying to break it around 4 pm yesterday

id have rang the Gardai. It’s the only way to deal with anti social behaviour if it’s occurring.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭julyjane

It does look well and as the mother of a male teenager I'd rather he hung out with his friends there rather than some of the other parts of town. They won't get away with much somewhere so public and open

It always was. Not in the public eyes as much though

I know I'll probably get slated for this and no offence to you or yours, but they don't seem to be bothered that it's so public and open.

And gangs of male teenagers is an intimidating sight no matter how public it is. I'd rather they used their spare time more productively. Sports, working part-time, volunteering, spending time with family.

A lot of parents seem to think it's everyone else's job to entertain their kids. Again not speaking about your child specifically.

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭jkmanc1974

Agree ref the raids and they should be conducted more often but some amount of manpower was wasted on the last raid compared to the end result.

definitely a couple of settled Clonmel families though who have made fortunes through the drug trade over the years

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,297 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Sad to see Argos go. They had a fairly big unit in The Showgrounds.(I'd say.)

Advertisement