Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clonmel Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭decies

“Cook at home if you think it's too expensive, simple solution.”

Well done you the vast majority of the time I do . Any more words of wisdom for us ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭decies

I walked through the streets mid afternoon couldn’t believe a few weeks out from Christmas it was so quiet , car park by cinema about 3rd full as well .

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭KanyeSouthEast

Showgrounds and poppy fields both very busy yesterday. Also the town was very busy on Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,592 ✭✭✭✭klose

The new lidl/ penneys expansion will be big additions to the town centre in the new year , its a start so hopefully more shops might see the town as an opportunity.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

I’d like to think that but how the hell is the traffic supposed to move on Western Road with a huge Lidl there? It’s bad enough as it is with traffic, I hope that the traffic jams don’t make people shop somewhere else. (I’m a big Lidl fan, just wished they’d gone into Market place).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭julyjane

I'm already dreading that road when Lidl is open

I hear ya. But people have 10 years giving out about the chadwicks site now there’s a large new development giving life and jobs to the area and guess what…..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭thinkabouit

Unbelievable amount of traffic on the Cashel road roundabout when people finished their shifts in Abbott & Boston.

Driver behaviour shocking, no patience & blocking every yellow box junction down to the roundabout & causing a bottleneck.

As well as using the wrong lanes constantly at the roundabout and cutting across the traffic at will.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,394 ✭✭✭cml387

Mrs CML was approaching that roundabout a while ago when a driver in a big SUV insisted there was a third lane on the outside, and then forced their way in at the roundabout. All the time while holding a mobile phone of course.

• Advertisement

The right lane at the roundabout is for turning right and heading west on the N24. Lots of drivers think it’s ok to take this lane and then cut across the traffic in the left lane heading straight down the Cashel Road towards the town centre. It’s deadly dangerous.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,681 ✭✭✭✭dahat

You should try it on a bike, cars regularly cut up & overtake on all those roundabouts.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 uggybear2

There really should be a bypass to relief some of the congestion of that road in progress of being built already.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭Ceepo

They should have made the stretch of the road between Chadwicks roundabout and Cahel Road roundabout 2 lanes both way. The space is there to do it and it would considerably help the situation

I guess that stretch of the road is there now since the mid 80s so traffic congestion is a lot worse than then. But agreed it’s a car park a lot of the time. There are so many drivers in Ireland who haven’t a notion how to drive properly too!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭Ceepo

While that stretch of road is there a long time, it has had a few revamps and alterations over the years including work that was carried out at the Fethard Rd. Footpaths redone by the college and traffic calming measures etc. There's not doubt that traffic has increased in that time, but it didn't happen over night. And you would have to imagine that the growth in traffic was to be expected, considering the vast development between residential and commercial on that side of the town in that time frame when you factor in that all of that development had to apply for planning permission.

More of a case of dealing with a problem than foreseeing one

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭bmc58

Regular occurance.I'ts a free for all at times .People driving like mad people to get home maybe 1 or 2 minnutes faster.

When the schools are open it will be gridlock at those times IMO.It's bad enough every day at the moment but seems like it's going to be terible.

What on earth is supposed to be going into Chawkes. It's stated to be a bar and a takeaway. That's a business model I haven't seen before.

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭Recliner

• Advertisement

You'd think so, but the application is for "restaurant, bar and takeaway".

I'm sure Tommy Joe will have some views on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,592 ✭✭✭✭klose

Kinda clever when you think of it, pubs in town are pretty much dead Monday to Thursday, you could cover off those quiet days with a takeaway!

Just missed by a car travelling at great speed on Slievenamon Road (between Old Flats and Cash and Carry) this afternoon.About 10 seconds later it was followed by a Garda Armed response vehicle going just as fast up Slievenamon Rd in pursit with blue lights flashing.Anyone heaar anything?Scared the sh*te out of me,thought I was a gonner for a few seconds.

I haven't seen the planning permission. Who bought Chawkes? Was never a pub I frequented when it was open.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Bez Bing

As

During my Digital Days it was a regular haunt (along with Gleesons).

Some Dublin company have bought it. You can look it up on Tipp Co Co planning (ePlan)

Does someone new have the outdoor shop near the Friary? Seems a bit different

I'm open to correction on this, but the guy that's worked there for years, Darren (?), has taken over completely from the owner so might have done a bit of a revamp. I don't know if he bought it or is leasing it, but AFAIK, the original owner has retired.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭Expunge

I heard the final Mass at the Friary was packed to overflowing. Huge crowd there for it.

The Friar should have started the Mass by asking the congregation "where the f**k were ye for the last 30 years?"

Anyway that's that after almost 700 years.

A new group is set to take over the running of it. That's to be announced shortly. It'll probably be one of those hard right, headbanger, Yoga hating U.S. Catholic groups that Bishop Cullinane is so fond of inviting into various parts of his Diocese.

Franciscan Friary in Clonmel will not be sold - Tipperary Live

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,354 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Can anybody recommend a good barber in Clonmel?

I've no issue with fades/etc.

Not meaning to sound nasty.

Just sometimes there's a language barrier and it's difficult to say what you want.

Advertisement