Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clonmel Thread

Options

Comments

snipey wrote: »
    that cat was knocked down, that was all lies about the fire works in his mouth.

As awful as this may seem, I'm glad it wasn't the fireworks story.
    I did wonder how anyone could manage to get anything into a cats mouth, let alone leave it there long enough to be set off!

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭snipey

some girl on FaceBook saw this cat getting knocked down, plus i heard in work today that it was made up, and your right Maryanne how you you get a cat to hold a fire work in its mouth, makes the town look very bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,427 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

There's obv two sides to the story - I find it hard to believe the whole thing about the fireworks was totally made up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭dieselbug

Well thankfully it appears not to be true but it reminds me of a similar incident which unfortunately is true.

There was a program on telly a few years back which followed one of the animal welfare society's on its daily patrols and they came across a little terrier which had a horrific injury and had to be put down.

The unfortunate dog had been tricked into playing fetch with a lighting banger.

Beyond understanding.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭anon71

callaway92 wrote: »
    There's obv two sides to the story - I find it hard to believe the whole thing about the fireworks was totally made up.

Whilst I would be delighted if it wasn't true, I do agree with you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭zurbfoundation

cml387 wrote: »
    The only problem would be availability of rental properties

I find the traffic thru Kilsheelan is pretty constant - woundn't fancy it myself

anon71 wrote: »
    Whilst I would be delighted if it wasn't true, I do agree with you.

Not to drag this out but I've heard now that the knocked down story was made up because people were accusing each other in the estate and it was getting quite heated. Apparently a name has been given to the Gardai.

Not to drag this out but I've heard now that the knocked down story was made up because people were accusing each other in the estate and it was getting quite heated. Apparently a name has been given to the Gardai.

Honestly my last post on this but just read on FB that it was in fact hit by a car. Was captured on CCTV. The guards called to the cats owners and told them. Apparently the injuries were inconsistent with a firecracker.

Either way, its sad for the cat's owners.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,427 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Exactly what I assumed - The knock down story is just canon really.

The true story was just too far-fetched & extreme to have been made up . .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

Either way there's equal cruelty being afflicted on animals in Clonmel and elsewhere all year round. Wasn't there a pony set alight a while ago ? I've also seen horrific pics of horrific things done to horses/dogs with sticks in the last year I think.

I hope for this little cat the knock down version is correct, quicker way to go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,054 ✭✭✭davidk1394

Does anyone know of a person who fixes clocks in clonmel ?have a grandfather clock in need of repair

• Registered Users Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭masterboy123

My Sony vaio laptop's battery is dead.

Any place in Clonmel where i could get one tomorrow please?

Many thanks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Vizzy

I thought of DID Electric but I don't think that they do Sony laptops, but they might have a battery in stock possibly.
    Other than that, the one place that does computer repairs is down in Mitchell Street. Can't remember name, sorry !!

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Qreq

It's between Golden Harp and Kelly's Corner and looks like it sells secondhand laptops too from what I can tell by glancing in the window. It might be worth asking if they've a spare used battery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭TheManFromTipp

My Sony vaio laptop's battery is dead.

Any place in Clonmel where i could get one tomorrow please?

Many thanks!!

Theres a shop on the bottom of the Cashel road,just up from Lyons takeaway that may have one..I cant remember the name..they do repairs there

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭solerina

There is a computer place in the corner of the shopping area opposite the Railway station, used to be called the Tech hut but has a new name which I don't know, you could try there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

B-Tech Depot is on the cashel road - (052) 619 0999

Fix n Go is down the narrow street - (052) 612 8447

• Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭jenny smith

pudzey101 wrote: »
    B-Tech Depot is on the cashel road - (052) 619 0999

Fix n Go is down the narrow street - (052) 612 8447
    is that mr printer?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

is that mr printer?

1488137_543815902422502_1187262832780557304_n.jpg?oh=b74c441c82630485dff0d42516e3e6dc&oe=58C1E102

they go by both names AFAIK

• Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭jenny smith

To the person looking for the vaio battery. If you do not get one in Clonmel there are a few computer repair places in Waterford who may have one if it is an urgent need. Be wary if order online there is a place that has .co.uk site but are in china and warranty may not apply as outside EU

• Advertisement

To the person looking for the vaio battery. If you do not get one in Clonmel there are a few computer repair places in Waterford who may have one if it is an urgent need. Be wary if order online there is a place that has .co.uk site but are in china
    and warranty may not apply as outside EU

I have used laptopchargers.ie based in Cork..found them good on price,and fast delivery

To the person looking for the vaio battery. If you do not get one in Clonmel there are a few computer repair places in Waterford who may have one if it is an urgent need. Be wary if order online there is a place that has .co.uk site but are in china
    and warranty may not apply as outside EU

I have used laptopchargers.ie based in Cork..found them good on price,and fast delivery

• Registered Users Posts: 4,054 ✭✭✭davidk1394

Random question. Is there anyone here good at photography? I want to take a good photo of snow covered comeraghs from here at home. If anyone is interested or know of someone could you PM me please

davidk1394 wrote: »
    Random question. Is there anyone here good at photography? I want to take a good photo of snow covered comeraghs from here at home. If anyone is interested or know of someone could you PM me please

Go to My Clonmel Memories page on Facebook, there are some excellent photographers on there, I am sure some of them could sort you out !!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭Kalyke

https://www.facebook.com/search/top/?q=joe%20ormonde%20photography

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭dieselbug

There's a good amateur in Kilsheelan I know of. I can pm his contact details if you wish.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

I'm looking for a make up artist or beautician to do make up for two people attending a wedding in Clonmel. Any recommendations?

jlm29 wrote: »
    I'm looking for a make up artist or beautician to do make up for two people attending a wedding in Clonmel. Any recommendations?

Karen Reeves is very good, she is on Facebook, makeupbykarenreeves, or Flawless finishes (Emma) also on Facebook is very good too, she works out of Kathy O Reillys.
    I have no connection to either MUA.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

solerina wrote: »
    Karen Reeves is very good, she is on Facebook, makeupbykarenreeves, or Flawless finishes (Emma) also on Facebook is very good too, she works out of Kathy O Reillys.
    I have no connection to either MUA.

Thanks for this. Karen reeves is already booked up, but I'll try the other one!

• Advertisement

jlm29 wrote: »
    Thanks for this. Karen reeves is already booked up, but I'll try the other one!

Try Fiona O'Mara. If you're staying in a Hotel, most of them have in house Beauticians.

Advertisement