Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clonmel Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭All in all

I have about 50 euros in coins and looking to get cash for that.

What's the best place to change them? They are unsorted. Could they change in AIB?

Some shops have the coin changers where you can dump everything in and they charge a few percent, think there might be one in tesco. The bank generally only take sorted coin on certain days and time.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,094 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

What's the best place to change them? They are unsorted. Could they change in AIB?

For the bank to change them they would need to be sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭cml387

All in all wrote: »
    Some shops have the coin changers where you can dump everything in and they charge a few percent, think there might be one in tesco. The bank generally only take sorted coin on certain days and time.
    and take 10% for themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭All in all

Another way is if you are using a self service till in a supermarket throw them in there to pay - avoid the charges!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭masterboy123

Yea the coin changer in tesco charges 10% and gives you money voucher in return. Might try that so
    All in all wrote: »

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,597 ✭✭✭✭klose

If it's in 1s and 2s shopkeepers are usually more than happy to exchange em for notes over the counter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭dieselbug

klose wrote: »
    If it's in 1s and 2s shopkeepers are usually more than happy to exchange em for notes over the counter.

I thought 1 and 2 cent coins were being phased out or am I wrong there?

dieselbug wrote: »

You are correct but you can still spend them if you have any

Gael23 wrote: »
    You are correct but you can still spend them if you have any

Yes I understand that, but I would have thought the shopkeepers would be reluctant to take them and not keen.

dieselbug wrote: »

I thought he meant the 1 and 2 Euro coins, not cent coins.

• Advertisement

I thought he meant the 1 and 2 Euro coins, not cent coins.

Ah yes, that makes more sense (been a long week):o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭jenny smith

A friend of mine once brought over 30 euro in coins including one and two cents and he put an extra cent in one bag to see if they would tell him. They did.

In other news the objection to the new coffee shop opposite o Gorman's have commissioned a flood risk assessment as O'Gorman's claimed flood risk was one of their grounds to object

• Registered Users Posts: 5 learning1

So himself will be working close to Kilsheelan. Have some connections with Tipp Town and were considering it but not sure about daily commute among other things!
    I'd love somewhere with a bit of a community feel, GAA, soccer, dancing ,scouts, gymnastics etc. Smallish schools. Its difficult to get a sense of a place online, especially when so much depends on your / the kids stage of life / interests.
    Thanks

learning1 wrote: »
    So himself will be working close to Kilsheelan. Have some connections with Tipp Town and were considering it but not sure about daily commute among other things!
    I'd love somewhere with a bit of a community feel, GAA, soccer, dancing ,scouts, gymnastics etc. Smallish schools. Its difficult to get a sense of a place online, especially when so much depends on your / the kids stage of life / interests.
    Thanks
    Could not really recommend the drive from Tipperary to Kilsheelan (MSD possibly?), it's an appalling road with heavy traffic and narrow and twisty with few overtaking oppportunities.

Clonmel is deifinitely your best bet. Plenty of housing relatively cheap (160k-180k for 3-4 bed house) and it's 15 minutes to Kilsheelan.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

I personally wouldn't recommend living in tipp town. I'm not sure why exactly, but I wouldn't live there. You'd be better off in Clonmel, or even in kilsheelan itself

Thanks

Kilsheelan itself would fit the bill. Close to Clonmel, Carrick On Suir, Waterford, etc. Great community spirit, judging by their Tidy Towns success. Lovely Primary School and close to secondary schools in Clonmel and Carrick.

Kilsheelan itself would fit the bill. Close to Clonmel, Carrick On Suir, Waterford, etc. Great community spirit, judging by their Tidy Towns success. Lovely Primary School and close to secondary schools in Clonmel and Carrick.
    The only problem would be availability of rental properties if the poster is transitioning.
    Certainly on a long term basis Kilsheelan is lovely, with the river walk , the hills and the proximity to Clonmel and Waterford.

And there's always Carrick on Suir itself. Close proximity to Kilsheelan,Clonmel and Waterford.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Yeboah

Thanks

if you have tipp town connections why not looks at villages in close proximity like bansha, golden or the glen of aherlow. be prepared for a 45 min commute but if your coming from an urban area that's nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

A friend of mine once brought over 30 euro in coins including one and two cents and he put an extra cent in one bag to see if they would tell him. They did.

In other news the objection to the new coffee shop opposite o Gorman's have commissioned a flood risk assessment as O'Gorman's claimed flood risk was one of their grounds to object
    O' Gorman's are really acting the maggot with this.

• Advertisement

I often wonder when i pass through Kilsheelan that there must be a catch such as Hank Scorpio running a nuclear plant somewhere in the vicinity :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

Yeboah wrote: »
    if you have tipp town connections why not looks at villages in close proximity like bansha, golden or the glen of aherlow. be prepared for a 45 min commute but if your coming from an urban area that's nothing

I'd agree with cml though, it's an awful road to drive for a commute. Dangerous enough too.

Kilsheelan looks lovely to live in, and convenient to Clonmel, Carrick, Waterford...

There's Cahir too of course, nice little place, lovely walks around, everything you need on the spot (Lidl, Supervalu, bank, restaurants/take aways/deli...). It's lively in the summer with tourists coming along for the castle and the Swiss Cottage, but it also looks lively enough in the winter with the hotel putting on little concerts and charity events. It's closer to the Tipp road, I'd say you'd be in Tipperary town in about 25 minutes, and Kilsheelan in half an hour depending on traffic.

Only downside is that on the morning/evening commutes your other half would have to use the (bloody)famous Clonmel roundabouts on the bypass. Can be a dose, then again, it's Clonmel, so probably not a patch on traffic congestion up in the capital. edit : and like the other poster said actually, you would have the sun in your eyes.

I often wonder when i pass through Kilsheelan that there must be a catch such as Hank Scorpio running a nuclear plant somewhere in the vicinity :D

That would be Merck:D

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭anon71

Heartbreaking to read about the poor cat who was killed last night in town. I'm at a loss to even describe how upset it made me....What pleasure could anyone derive from such an act?

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

I saw the headline on the Nationalist FB page, didn't read or want to read the details.

Corporal punishment should be brought back for these kinds of people, like for like sentencing.

I don't know how someone could even get the idea to do something so vile.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

Some youngsters are so socially inept, they lack empathy.
    They lack any kind of moral compass too I suppose.

I'm bemused too as to how a parent can possibly let some youngster get to that level of social dysfunction. Flipping hell.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

I couldn't look at it or read about it either,it's sickening,as far as i'm concerned someone who would do this to a defenseless animal has no feelings and would do similar to a human being.pure scum.

Its utterly disgusting :mad: Clonmel needs to really start tackling some of its social issues in there. Granted it goes without saying its a minority of filthbags at this carry on but one is too many

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭snipey

that cat was knocked down, that was all lies about the fire works in his mouth.

Advertisement