Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clonmel Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭masterboy123

That's great news.
    Where do i find the result?
    coffeyt wrote: »
    My father in law is a member of the iunva in clonmel and I've often bought the lottery tickets from him (even won a few bob on occasions) and that seems to be the same as the tickets I've got in the past so seems legit.

A nice gentleman visited my house now to play this lottery to help irish veterans. It was only 2 euro so i played. But my friends are saying many of them are fake.
    Please see attached receipt that i got. Any idea if they are genuine people?

No,not fake at all...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭snipey

any truth in the rumor that a Mosque is going in where John Wades in Irishtown was

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Sieghardt

Loughc wrote: »
    Refurb or not, surely it's only a matter of time for Gamestop? Direct downloads are becoming increasingly popular and their game prices are anything but competitive.

direct downloads arent really affecting boxed sales much, it's more that people just buy their boxed copies from amazon or such these days since the price difference is so great

they're probably redesigning it to fill the store with those bloody funko pop vinyl figures

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Qreq

"A nice gentleman visited my house now to play this lottery to help irish veterans. It was only 2 euro so i played. But my friends are saying many of them are fake.
    Please see attached receipt that i got. Any idea if they are genuine people?"

"Post 24" refers to the IUNVA at the railway station. They have a seldomly updated site (news is updated once a year) that you can contact if you are concerned about the ticket sellers: iunvapost24.ie/contact.html

It's not encouraging to see that the lotto results haven't been updated since 2013. iunvapost24.ie/lotto.html

It might be that they think their older audience is unlikely to be online, however it's a shame that they don't/can't share more of their history online like they did at their event earlier this year.

(Sorry about the copy and paste links; as a new user, I'm not allowed to post clickables.)

• Advertisement

A nice gentleman visited my house now to play this lottery to help irish veterans. It was only 2 euro so i played. But my friends are saying many of them are fake.

Always ask to see their permit before buying. Personally, I never buy anything off a stranger on my doorstep. If you wish to support them, approach them yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,399 ✭✭✭cml387

Are there any reviews of the two new eateries that have opened in town recently?

The cafe previously known as O'Tuama's is open again, I believe the chef is an ex-chef to J P Mc Manus.
    And Parker's is a new opening up at the railway station that was once Cooper's/Cliffords.

Ok we will be careful in future. He just showed his special cap and introduced himself.
    Always ask to see their permit before buying. Personally, I never buy anything off a stranger on my doorstep. If you wish to support them, approach them yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,095 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Where exactly does the JJ Kavanagh bus coming from Dublin stop?

Gael23 wrote: »
    Where exactly does the JJ Kavanagh bus coming from Dublin stop?

Near the Showgrounds shopping centre, outside the military barracks.

• Advertisement

Guys,

I need your help.

Few friends visiting Clonmel from abroad.

Anyone know if there is a tour which goes from Clonmel to Cliffs of moher?

They will see Dublin of their own and I will show them waterford and wexford.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,734 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

I don't know of any but Kavanagh Bus Tours in Urlingford might be able to give you some information.

The scenery around the Knockmealdowns and the Comeraghs is far better than the overrated cliffs of Moher in my view. And there's no ripoff "interpretive centre".

Buy for some reason all tourist want to see the cliffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭dieselbug

iceage wrote: »
    The word is Andy Fanning motor factors from Cahir has bought the building and is coming to Town.

Yes, it's true.
    Was reliably told it's opening after Christmas.

Will do a trip there.

How do we reach Mahon Falls?
    cml387 wrote: »
    The scenery around the Knockmealdowns and the Comeraghs is far better than the overrated cliffs of Moher in my view. And there's no ripoff "interpretive centre".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

cml387 wrote: »

It's all about the marketing, tourists only know of the Cliffs of Moher so want to go there even though like you said there's more scenic places to visit.

Will do a trip there.

Here's google maps directions from Carrick-on-Suir, not sure what direction you're coming from:

http://bit.ly/2dUYQmx

Guys,

I need your help.

TLDR: To save your friends a lot of slow travel, connections, and trouble, you either need to drive yourselves, or you could stay overnight in Dublin and travel with them on an early Dublin - Galway train (~2.5 hours), then get a tour bus, such as Galway Tour Company[.com], from Galway - cliffs. Bus Éireann takes far too long.

I don't see Clonmel-cliffs tours online. If my searches of Bus Éireann's site are right, the best they offer requires 3 trips: Clonmel - Limerick, Limerick - Galway, and Galway - Cliffs of Moher. You'd leave Clonmel at 08:35 and reach the cliffs at 15:15. There's a Paddywagon tour from Limerick to the cliffs which would mean one less bus, but it leaves the city too early (09:30) for your earliest Clonmel-Limerick bus (10:05, unless you all spend the previous night in Limerick).

I hope I'm wrong and there's an easier way; I would be interested in a swift Clonmel - Cliffs day trip.

Guys,

I need your help.

There are private companies that run tours. I cannot find a link, but if you contact Clonmel Tourist Office (In the Main Guard) they could help you. http://www.clonmeltourism.ie/

Originally Posted by masterboy123 View Post
    Guys,

I need your help.

There are private companies that run tours. I cannot find a link, but if you contact Clonmel Tourist Office (In the Main Guard) they could help you clonmeltourism.ie

I popped into the office at the main guard today. The guy had brochures to advertise the cliffs, but nothing to get you from Clonmel to there.

• Advertisement

This is what i followed and this ended up in middle of nowhere. We saw the hills on both sides but no waterfall.

Any other idea how do we go there?
    marvin80 wrote: »
    Will do a trip there.

Here's google maps directions from Carrick-on-Suir, not sure what direction you're coming from:

http://bit.ly/2dUYQmx

Many thanks for looking into it.
    I agree with you i didnt find any other way either. I will take them in car for a day trip.

Thanks everyone
    Qreq wrote: »
    Guys,

I need your help.

TLDR: To save your friends a lot of slow travel, connections, and trouble, you either need to drive yourselves, or you could stay overnight in Dublin and travel with them on an early Dublin - Galway train (~2.5 hours), then get a tour bus, such as Galway Tour Company[.com], from Galway - cliffs. Bus ireann takes far too long.

I don't see Clonmel-cliffs tours online. If my searches of Bus ireann's site are right, the best they offer requires 3 trips: Clonmel - Limerick, Limerick - Galway, and Galway - Cliffs of Moher. You'd leave Clonmel at 08:35 and reach the cliffs at 15:15. There's a Paddywagon tour from Limerick to the cliffs which would mean one less bus, but it leaves the city too early (09:30) for your earliest Clonmel-Limerick bus (10:05, unless you all spend the previous night in Limerick).

I hope I'm wrong and there's an easier way; I would be interested in a swift Clonmel - Cliffs day trip.

Many thanks for looking into it.
    I agree with you i didnt find any other way either. I will take them in car for a day trip.

Thanks everyone

Sent you a PM with contact details of someone who may be able to help.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Fionn

I'm a member of Post 24, IUNVA (Irish United Nations Veterans Association) and to clarify what already has been mentioned, the lottery is 100% genuine, there is also a permit issued by An Garda Síochána on an annual basis.
    You can find out more about Post 24 IUNVA here (http://www.iunvapost24.ie)
    That's great news.
    Where do i find the result?
    The results are currently published on our Facebook page which can be found here Facebook (www.facebook.com/iunva.postclonmel) Hopefully they will also be available on our main website also here Lotto
    Qreq wrote: »
    "Post 24" refers to the IUNVA at the railway station. They have a seldomly updated site (news is updated once a year) that you can contact if you are concerned about the ticket sellers: iunvapost24.ie/contact.html

It's not encouraging to see that the lotto results haven't been updated since 2013. iunvapost24.ie/lotto.html

It might be that they think their older audience is unlikely to be online, however it's a shame that they don't/can't share more of their history online like they did at their event earlier this year.

(Sorry about the copy and paste links; as a new user, I'm not allowed to post clickables.)

Regarding the main website please note that due to a shift in personnel and appointments, there was no one available with the necessary skills for websites etc. As stated above, notification of winning numbers are notified through Facebook and texts circulated to the membership, the ticket itself has a portion where a player would put their phone number down and in the event of a win they would be contacted, there is a plan to put up results in some shops in town also. Because the results were being posted to Facebook the custom of placing them on the website eventually died off as most players checked them on Facebook. We will endeavour to once again notify the winning numbers on the main website and update it when possible.

I hope this clears up any misunderstanding or confusion about our association.

We appreciate all the help and support we receive from the general public, without whom we could not continue as an organisation.

Thanks.

This is what i followed and this ended up in middle of nowhere. We saw the hills on both sides but no waterfall.

Any other idea how do we go there?

If you get to this spot, you walk on the path to the left and it brings you to the waterfall

http://bit.ly/2ewyw4S

Cool. Ive saved it on the maps now.

Looking forward to go there on weekend.
    marvin80 wrote: »
    If you get to this spot, you walk on the path to the left and it brings you to the waterfall

http://bit.ly/2ewyw4S

you will have to try the magic road at mahon falls..google it..you will get information about it..some youtube videos as well...Another nice spot for a drive is up the vee.

you will have to try the magic road at mahon falls..google it..you will get information about it..some youtube videos as well...Another nice spot for a drive is up the vee.

We went there today and it was drizzling all noon. Couldn't even find the water falls :(

Cool i will check them on YouTube now

• Advertisement

Interesting article about Market Place. What a pity they didn't cop on to the high rates when the place had plenty of shops. http://www.nationalist.ie/news/home/216716/plan-to-transform-clonmel-retail-precinct-into-new-kildare-village.html
    "“When we invested in the property in 2013/2014 there was a big belief in the dynamic of Clonmel and its big catchment area.

“We were aware of the difficulty concerning the rates applicable to the units and we felt that common sense would prevail.

That process took longer than expected

The hands of the local council were tied.

They were aware of our plans for investment and development of the site but nothing could be done until the Dublin office solved it”."

Advertisement