Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clonmel Thread

Options

Comments

In todays Nationalist..Powerstown Park is to reopen it gates to walker and runners .It will be open during the week,form May to September,from morning to dusk..It will be open at the weekend when no events are taking place,A spokesperson said that while the amount of break-ins and robberies had if anything escalated,it was felt that the people of the town who enjoyed taking exercise there,shouldnt be made to suffer...

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭tommiet

lonergans pub "35-36 O'Connell Street" was sold today prior to auction... really hope it reopens as a pub..
    http://www.allsopireland.ie/auction/lot/47023

• Registered Users Posts: 8,383 ✭✭✭cml387

I note that nearly every glass panel on one side of the old bridge is shattered.

While decrying the stupid vandalism by some cretinous knuckledragging inbred morons, could it not have been designed as vandalproof?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

cml387 wrote: »
    I note that nearly every glass panel on one side of the old bridge is shattered.

While decrying the stupid vandalism by some cretinous knuckledragging inbred morons, could it not have been designed as vandalproof?
    Ah for heaven's sake ! It probably was toughened somewhat if it didn't shatter all over the place.

Article online from the Nationalist about the Blueway on the Suir, it looks like a great idea, but when they mentioned the slalom infrastructure I must admit i thought of the potential for vandalism straight away :(
    Some people giving out about it, is there anything controversial about it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

In todays Nationalist..Powerstown Park is to reopen it gates to walker and runners .It will be open during the week,form May to September,from morning to dusk..It will be open at the weekend when no events are taking place,A spokesperson said that while the amount of break-ins and robberies had if anything escalated,it was felt that the people of the town who enjoyed taking exercise there,shouldnt be made to suffer...
    That's great news,I'll be back there for my 5 laps:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

tommiet wrote: »
    lonergans pub "35-36 O'Connell Street" was sold today prior to auction... really hope it reopens as a pub..
    http://www.allsopireland.ie/auction/lot/47023

Any truth in Gleeson (of Gleesons,West gate) involvement there?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

The glass in the bridge was certainly toughened.
    A couple were damaged during the floods when a panel partially detached due to debris hitting the bridge when it was lowered.
    If I remember correctly though, it is known who did the rest, out of control kids! Someone spotted them doing it. Hooligans (for want of a better word)

Gona be difficult to repair that many panels now though due to the cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

Safer to just park in tesco and walk across?

Yeah you are right,its something I didn't think of...

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Any truth in Gleeson (of Gleesons,West gate) involvement there?

Nope.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭questionmark?

Public meeting 7:30pm on the 11th of May in the council offices on Parnell Street. Everyones invited to share their views on how the town centre can be improved.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭dieselbug

Riamfada wrote: »
    Anyone out near Kilcash get a reliable internet dongle? Eir quoted us a 1MB line for the house. Im on 3 but don't get any usable data connection.

I am in that general area and switched from Eir to alphawave a few weeks back and so far so good.

http://www.alphawave.ie/

are you sure, right place for them, richie needs a bigger place. gleesons is a fine pub but gets a good crowd when music is on..

Loughc wrote: »
    Nope.

are you sure...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,070 ✭✭✭Xenophile

Quite a good idea and no chance of getting your car locked inside the gates.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Xenophile wrote: »
    Quite a good idea and no chance of getting your car locked inside the gates.

Bit of a walk from tesco down to the old entrance where you access the race course from though. It's a good 10-15 minute walk.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Bit of a walk from tesco down to the old entrance where you access the race course from though. It's a good 10-15 minute walk.
    I was thinking the same.

Just right for a warm up.

There was a fire in Devane's in Irishtown this morning.
    The building does not look too damaged from the outside but I suspect smoke and water damage.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,070 ✭✭✭Xenophile

Just right for a warm up.

Yes, especially as the ground is flat all the way. You can enjoy your walk (one of the best exercises of all)..... relaxed in the knowledge that your car is parked safely.

What is badly needed now is a footpath from the Fethard Road roundabout on the opposite side to Tesco to the Powerstown Park, and also some pedestrian lights or crossings, its a shame that so many people crossing the N24 have to take their lives into their hands.

A long standing politician with his almost now defunct party has been so busy saying no to everything that issues like this have never been addressed.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Maymack

Great to see alot of the roads in town getting resurfaced. Was badly needed

Maymack wrote: »
    Great to see alot of the roads in town getting resurfaced. Was badly needed

what's with the bicycle signs on western road and cashel road.... Is there cycle paths going in somewhere...

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭snipey

ya, there's a cycle path going down the Cashel road, the motorists will be happy with that!!! they're free parking will be gone, another way to make people shop out in the poppyfields etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

snipey wrote: »
    ya, there's a cycle path going down the Cashel road, the motorists will be happy with that!!! they're free parking will be gone, another way to make people shop out in the poppyfields etc.

In fairness its people working in town centre who primarily use the spaces on the Cashel road. Very rarely see shoppers there. The space's are all gone by 10am. Motorist v Cyclist debate is certainly not unique to clonmel.

In fairness its people working in town centre who primarily use the spaces on the Cashel road. Very rarely see shoppers there. The space's are all gone by 10am. Motorist v Cyclist debate is certainly not unique to clonmel.

Let's hope cyclists don't take Michael O'Leary too seriously! http://www.irishtimes.com/news/environment/ryanair-s-michael-o-leary-says-cyclists-should-be-shot-1.2634793

I don't follow how just painting a cycle lane (and I'm a cyclist!) on the Cashel road is going to stop people parking on it.
    What about residents?

And another thing. The cycle lane coming down the hill from Boston/Abbott goes past the entrance to two estates. I presume(!) a stop sign will be painted on the cycle lane to warn cyclists but I can still see a major accident in the offing if cyclists are flying down the cycle lane and a car comes out of the estate. Certainly where the lane is placed at the exit from Auburn requires a car to go past the cycle lane to clearly see up and down the Cashel road.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭tinyk68

I don't follow how just painting a cycle lane (and I'm a cyclist!) on the Cashel road is going to stop people parking on it.
    What about residents?

And another thing. The cycle lane coming down the hill from Boston/Abbott goes past the entrance to two estates. I presume(!) a stop sign will be painted on the cycle lane to warn cyclists but I can still see a major accident in the offing if cyclists are flying down the cycle lane and a car comes out of the estate. Certainly where the lane is placed at the exit from Auburn requires a car to go past the cycle lane to clearly see up and down the Cashel road.

With the 50kph speed limit on that hill I reckon the cyclists will be coming down there faster than the cars 😛
    I thought the same thing as you about the junctions with the housing estates. It's an accident waiting to happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭rucksack

What about residents?

Why would you put the stop sign on the cycle lane. The stop or yield should be coming out of the estate, the cycle lane would have right of way.

rucksack wrote: »
    Why would you put the stop sign on the cycle lane. The stop or yield should be coming out of the estate, the cycle lane would have right of way.

So for example, at the Heywood road, the cycle path has right of way across the road there?

I don't think so, but I'll have to check.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭rucksack

So for example, at the Heywood road, the cycle path has right of way across the road there?

I don't think so, but I'll have to check.
    I was talking about coming out of estates. In relation to across the Heywood road i do not know what/where you mean. Do you mean going down western road? If so the cyclist would have right of way when on a green light like traffic

Edit. Where is the cycle path across the Heywood Road?

Advertisement