Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clonmel Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

rucksack wrote: »
    why do you think Mary Street park will be a disaster? We will not be going there anyway as 30 mins free is hardly time to do much

As indicated on my post, it's currently the most used vehicular connection in the town centre from west to east. Surrounding streets can barely cope as it is on a busy Saturday.
    Nevermind how static all the traffic will be once the car park fills and traffic at the entrances comes to a standstill

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭F34

They have lost spaces with the way the barriers went up. Also given how narrow the exits are I'd also reckon it'll be pretty hard for trucks doing deliveries to get out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭rucksack

why do you think Mary Street park will be a disaster? We will not be going there anyway as 30 mins free is hardly time to do much

As indicated on my post, it's currently the most used vehicular connection in the town centre from west to east. Surrounding streets can barely cope as it is on a busy Saturday.
    Nevermind how static all the traffic will be once the car park fills and traffic at the entrances comes to a standstill
    This will be a park where you pay on the way out is it? Will there be a machine or an attendant? Maybe there will be electronic signs to say park full and no hold up at the entrance

Dungarvan is a nice town but 30 minutes is about all you'd need in the shops down there. Apples and Oranges.
    i do not know what you mean by apple and oranges and dungarvan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭g6fdyotp5nj2l7

Who are the "We" you mention? Your family,friends,relations,..I presume,you don't assume, you are posting on behalf of all of "us"...

Have you never heard of the royal we

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

i do not know what you mean by apple and oranges and dungarvan

Cant compare both towns shopping wise. Whatever about Clonmels ills its a far far superior shopping destination to Dungarvan.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Jim Bowen

F34 wrote: »
    They have lost spaces with the way the barriers went up. Also given how narrow the exits are I'd also reckon it'll be pretty hard for trucks doing deliveries to get out.

Suppose the fire services had to gain access to the back of, say Dunnes?

Cannot see them being able to get in!

F34 wrote: »

You'd have to imagine all this was factored into the plans. Lets just wait and see before we jump to any wild conclusions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭F34

You'd have to imagine all this was factored into the plans. Lets just wait and see before we jump to any wild conclusions.

All the black tyre marks on the concrete sides there would indicate that it really wasn't factored in that well. I've also seen trucks struggle with it therefore wouldn't call it wild conclusions lol

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭Annabella1

Dungarvan is a nice town but 30 minutes is about all you'd need in the shops down there. Apples and Oranges.

Might be so but Dungarvan is streets ahead with its cafes and restaurants

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Maymack

Quigley's coffee house & bakery want to open on O Connell street beside Heatons. Think it will be nice addition to O Connell street. Hopefully the planning application for it goes ahead. I see O Gorman's have objected to it.No great surprise there.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,370 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Maymack wrote: »
    Quigley's coffee house & bakery want to open on O Connell street beside Heatons. Think it will be nice addition to O Connell street. Hopefully the planning application for it goes ahead. I see O Gorman's have objected to it.No great surprise there.

Is O'Gorman's nice? I'm not from Conmel and always like to get a cake or a few buns when I'm in Conmel and they never seem to have much left when I visit or nothing appeals to me and I go to the other bakery I think it's Hickey.

O Gormans are on the other side of the street across from Heatons. I always find it amazing when new businesses try to open up & silly objections go in. You know yourself they are only objecting on competition grounds.

O Gormans is nice place to go for coffee or food so they shouldn't be worried Quigleys opening. There's enough business for everyone

Annabella1 wrote: »
    Might be so but Dungarvan is streets ahead with its cafes and restaurants

Good tourism in dungarvan so nice restaurants and some coffee shops but for shopping no comparison whatsoever.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

Good tourism in dungarvan so nice restaurants and some coffee shops but for shopping no comparison whatsoever.

Agreed.

It would be nice to have a better selection of airy coffee shops and family restaurants for a relaxed lunch or even dinner with kids in Clonmel though. I used to go to Tierney's but it's expensive enough, and the pub atmosphere is oppressing of a lunch time. Same with O'Gormans, it's dark and a bit uninviting in my opinion. I do love their sausage rolls though !
    The little place in the pedestrian street next to Fuzzed up is great, I'd be more into that with kids, but it is tiny.

A place with the relaxed atmosphere of the Mayfair, or that little coffee place above, but that would serve proper, healthy, and traditional family friendly dinners, that's what I'd love to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭questionmark?

Wouldn't it be nice if we saw seating out on the street for cafes in Clonmel, tarpaulin to cover from the rain and some heaters like you see in other areas. It's the whole if others are doing it then people tend to get in on the vibe and do it too but I'm guessing the council will charge even more rates for this option.

Wouldn't it be nice if we saw seating out on the street for cafes in Clonmel, tarpaulin to cover from the rain and some heaters like you see in other areas. It's the whole if others are doing it then people tend to get in on the vibe and do it too but I'm guessing the council will charge even more rates for this option.
    I believe the extra rates for this are prohibitive

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭zurbfoundation

I never find this comfortable on roads that have traffic - perhaps only in pedestrian areas or areas back from the street - which O'Connell St doesn't have - can you imagine you are sitting there and a few feet away someone in a diesel car has left it running double parked with the hazards on blocking up traffic while he runs to the bank machine - if the fumes kill you before the noise drives you nuts, you will be lucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,452 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Jesus I haven't been in O' Gorman's or Hickey's for that matter in years.

I usually go to Quimby's in Irish Town now. Buttermarket Café is nice too for sandwiches etc. (beside Lemongrass).

To the person looking for cakes/buns there is a nice place in Irish Town specifically for things like that. I got a cake in there over Easter and they have loads of stuff like gingerbread man and all. Pretty cool shop.

• Advertisement

Maymack wrote: »
    Isn''t it across the road from Heatons on the same side as O'Gormans? oh i see it is not. wasn't there another one down from O'Goprmans?

When the Queen goes to the jax?

When the Queen goes to the jax?

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Jim Bowen

If there was a cafe in the Main Guard then the space outside would make a lovely covered outdoor area. In any European city you would see this even in a public building. It should have been factored in when the renovations were done.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭questionmark?

Jim Bowen wrote: »
    If there was a cafe in the Main Guard then the space outside would make a lovely covered outdoor area. In any European city you would see this even in a public building. It should have been factored in when the renovations were done.

Agree totally. It is something that would be normal in most European cities and towns.

what do you think? why would i assume i am talking about everyone here

I have a private message from you,saying you complained to mods about my insults...When did I insult you.????

Jim Bowen wrote: »

You can't even drive a nail into the walls there, so I doubt they'd even consider a sensible suggestion like a coffee shop!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭sillymoo

I would love to see some nice restaurants in clonmel for evening food, I find that I go to kilkenny most of the time to eat out due to the lack of choice in clonmel.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,452 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

sillymoo wrote: »
    I would love to see some nice restaurants in clonmel for evening food, I find that I go to kilkenny most of the time to eat out due to the lack of choice in clonmel.

Cashel/Holycross/Thurles have some nice spots to check out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Anyone out near Kilcash get a reliable internet dongle? Eir quoted us a 1MB line for the house. Im on 3 but don't get any usable data connection.

Advertisement