Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clonmel Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭masterboy123

Hi,
    I am looking for a cheap blazer and trouser in Clonmel. It's for a relative who is visiting clonmel for few days but forgot to bring down the suit. So it can be of low quality for emergency wear for a function.

We checked in Penneys and Dunnes. They have good pants alright but they don't have blazers. So we checked in River Island buy they have blazers for skinny fit mostly.

any other shop or tailor around where we can get blazer and pant for 70-80e or so??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

Hi,
    I am looking for a cheap blazer and trouser in Clonmel. It's for a relative who is visiting clonmel for few days but forgot to bring down the suit. So it can be of low quality for emergency wear for a function.

We checked in Penneys and Dunnes. They have good pants alright but they don't have blazers. So we checked in River Island buy they have blazers for skinny fit mostly.

any other shop or tailor around where we can get blazer and pant for 70-80e or so??

Did you look into hiring them? Might be worth going into Fitzgeralds?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,370 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Hi,

Did you check all the Dunnes?
    You might get lucky with TKMaxx or Tesco!

Yea I checked in all the dunnes.
    Might check in tesco tomorrow.
    Did you check all the Dunnes?
    You might get lucky with TKMaxx or Tesco!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Yea I checked in all the dunnes.
    Might check in tesco tomorrow.

TKMaxx is your best best.

• Advertisement

Grand so. Will go there tomorrow. Hopefully will find something. Do you know if they do fitting as well if required ?
    TKMaxx is your best best.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

Grand so. Will go there tomorrow. Hopefully will find something. Do you know if they do fitting as well if required ?

I would try Clintons. They have some formal wear, albeit for the older person, but you might pick up something suitable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

Might pick up something suitable in M&S, could be wrong but their average quality suits can be got for around 130 so you might get a work suit for less

• Registered Users Posts: 11,598 ✭✭✭✭klose

I would try Clintons. They have some formal wear, albeit for the older person, but you might pick up something suitable.

He specified cheap, not gonna get that in clintons. The again a budget would have been more appropriate to help people gauge where to go.

klose wrote: »
    He specified cheap, not gonna get that in clintons. The again a budget would have been more appropriate to help people gauge where to go.

You could get a jacket for e70 or e80 in Clintons - that's the budget he mentioned but I think M&S might be a good spot, or hire something at Fitzgeralds, Connolly Man, very reasonable hire prices.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Why has no one said michael guineys ?. I have seen in there windows all the time a suit for 40 to 60 euros. IT will look cheap, fall apart by looking at it but for your price range thats what your going to get

Why has no one said michael guineys ?. I have seen in there windows all the time a suit for 40 to 60 euros. IT will look cheap, fall apart by looking at it but for your price range thats what your going to get

He wants cheap not nasty :P

Only joking, great idea - you can get a suit really cheap. It will do for a one off occasion or emergency. No point spending heaps if you wont use it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭tommiet

No luck in Marks & Spencer. They don't have any blazers.

In TKMAXX very limited options and no matching colour pant and blazer.

if we increase the budget to 120e do you think we can get it tailored? If so from where?

No luck in Marks & Spencer. They don't have any blazers.

In TKMAXX very limited options and no matching colour pant and blazer.

if we increase the budget to 120e do you think we can get it tailored? If so from where?

Have you tried Tony Connollys and Fitzgeralds on O'Connell Street? Their Website might help, but they often have cheaper suits available http://www.connollyman.com/product-category/suiting/

We checked this shop from the window only and found it very expensive.
    I just checked their website and nothing under 200e. I suppose they keep branded stuff only
    Have you tried Tony Connollys and Fitzgeralds on O'Connell Street? Their Website might help, but they often have cheaper suits available http://www.connollyman.com/product-category/suiting/

We checked this shop from the window only and found it very expensive.
    I just checked their website and nothing under 200e. I suppose they keep branded stuff only

Go into the shop and browse. They don't have the cheaper stuff too prominent. Same with Fitzgeralds.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭jimmy180sx

Try wurlitzers. They have a selection of smart & casual style blazers

John O'Gormon's between Heatons and Penneys have cheap suits in the their windows - I've seen them. Not sure what they have at the moment but worth a look. There must be something in all the shops we've mentioned that you could use. If not, post measurements, you never know, a boardsie might have one you can use.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

Spotted this, pity they couldn't review some of the views posted here but at least it's an opportunity for people if they are available

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1008648145856752&id=164638956924346
    (sorry, it's a notice re a public meeting regarding the town centre)

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭tinyk68

Anyone know where in Clonmel is the best place to get an iphone screen replaced and how much it's likely to cost? It's a 5s. I don't know if that matters.

Will I be able to bring my bike into the carpark,when the barriers are put up..I go down town every Friday,and I was always able to lock my bike to a pole there...Sometimes Mrs Looby come along as well.on those days we locked two bikes to the pole..would we have to lift the bikes over the barrier,or would we be left in at all..First the water,now the carparks..Well f I am not left in I will go to Mattie Mcgrath..

Will I be able to bring my bike into the carpark,when the barriers are put up..I go down town every Friday,and I was always able to lock my bike to a pole there...Sometimes Mrs Looby come along as well.on those days we locked two bikes to the pole..would we have to lift the bikes over the barrier,or would we be left in at all..First the water,now the carparks..Well f I am not left in I will go to Mattie Mcgrath..

I'm sure there's pedestrian access that you can use. If not, Mattie will come down and lift the bike over the barriers for you himself.

I'm sure there's pedestrian access that you can use. If not, Mattie will come down and lift the bike over the barriers for you himself.

I thank you for the reply,although I think the last line of your post,is poking fun at me?

• Registered Users Posts: 44 bluestrawberry

phone doctor on the narrow street, about 75 euro for a 5s if i remember correctly

I thank you for the reply,although I think the last line of your post,is poking fun at me?

No. Poking fun at dear ould Mattie!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭maximo31

Did i hear correctly that the Receivers have gone into Clonmel Healthcare in the last hour or two?:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭TheManFromTipp

maximo31 wrote: »
    Did i hear correctly that the Receivers have gone into Clonmel Healthcare in the last hour or two?:(

A provisional liquidator has been appointed Suir Pharma in Clonmel.
    Staff at Suir Pharma have told Tipp FM that they were called to a meeting with senior management in Clonmel this lunchtime.
    They were informed of the trading difficulties being experienced by the pharmaceutical company and were told to clear out their lockers.
    Other workers who were due to start work on later shifts today have been told not to turn up.
    The former Clonmel Healthcare plant has been manufacturing generic medicines for 43 years.At the High Court today the company cited losses of almost five million Euro in the 15 months to March of 2015 together with a major drop in sales on the US market late last year.

The also said a quality issue with an ingredient sourced in China which was used in one of its products - as a result Suir Pharma had not been able to make the product for a number of months.

Parent company Saneca predicted further losses for this year and 2017 and so today applied to the court for the appointment of a provisional liquidator.

Insolvency practitioner Michael McAteer of Grant Thornton has been appointed as provisional liquidator of the company by the High Court.

He has been granted a number of powers, including allowing the company to continue trading and will also try to locate potential buyers for the plant.

Justice Michael Twomey has adjourned the matter to June 13th.

CEO of Clonmel Chamber Brian Cleary has described today’s news as “a devastating blow for the town” comparing it to the job losses announced at Ranbaxy in Cashel just last month.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,682 ✭✭✭✭dahat

As an employee it's devastating but has been coming.

Advertisement