Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clonmel Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,070 ✭✭✭Xenophile

Noticed 2 new digital speed indicators near Park Hotel and texaco petrol pump (Cahir road).

But are there speed cameras also? Because people were going in 60s...

There is a need for speed ramps just before the entrance to the Poppyfields approaching from the Cahir direction. Vehicles are racing across this pimple of a roundabout while there is restricted visibility on exiting the Poppyfields.

A note of nostalgia, I do indeed remember when this field was a sea of bright red poppies.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭notharrypotter

Xenophile wrote: »
    There is a need for speed ramps just before the entrance to the Poppyfields approaching from the Cahir direction. Vehicles are racing across this pimple of a roundabout while there is restricted visibility on exiting the Poppyfields.

A note of nostalgia, I do indeed remember when this field was a sea of bright red poppies.
    I remember a field of spuds:D

klose wrote: »
    Feck the people who don't look happy behind you

You only need to look behind you when you are turning or overtaking or when you are driving well below the limit for one reason or another, this could be a good reason to pull over to the side at the first safe opportunity.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

I saw an advertisement for Apache pizza on Hotshots bowling today.

Is it open yet and where are they based?

I can see it now in my minds eye.

• Advertisement

I agree with you 100%....Coming out from the park can be dodgy!!
    Are drivers aware of the built up area speed limits? I always have someone nearly in my boot...It drives me crackers...They just don't like going 50kph...Well I aint getting any points for some twit up my tail!!

klose wrote: »
    I see the 1.50 shop or whatever it's called in the ormonde centre closed down on staturday, it's fully stocked and only a message scribbled on a piece of paper was stuck to the window so I guess it was a pretty sudden closure. The entrance to 6th sense clothes shop from the mall is closed so now it's a glorified walk way to the old tesco carpark, grim stuff.
    Speaking of the old tesco car park the new system is taking place from the 23rd of May, they've lose a few car spaces there since they re done which is very annoying as parking in the town is bad enough.

I was in there Saturday around half four...Another shop gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

I also remember the field of red poppies. Personally, I hate speed ramps. I'm all for speed cameras. If you don't speed you don't pay, perfect. All the speedsters get caught. The Old Waterford Road is like a race track, badly need something.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭sillymoo

tippspur wrote: »
    New traffic warden in Clonmel causing a bit of a stir to say the least,lots of angry motorists on fb giving out.;)

What are they giving out about???

• Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭cml387

I saw an advertisement for Apache pizza on Hotshots bowling today.

Is it open yet and where are they based?

I'd sort of guess they're based in Hotshots bowling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,459 ✭✭✭touts

tippspur wrote: »
    New traffic warden in Clonmel causing a bit of a stir to say the least,lots of angry motorists on fb giving out.;)

Good. I have to say parking in County Tipperary in general is some of the worst I've seen. People will double park in Clonmel to go in to McDonalds with the kids while there is a carpark at the other side of the block. In Tipp Town its even worse as the left hand lanes at the traffic lights in the center of the town are now basically parking zones for locals means two trucks can't pass at the same time. In Cahir I regularly see people just abandon their cars in the middle of the junction for Ardfinnan and head into the bank or the Hotel. We need a few right strict bastards as traffic wardens across the county to sort it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

touts wrote: »
    Good. I have to say parking in County Tipperary in general is some of the worst I've seen. People will double park in Clonmel to go in to McDonalds with the kids while there is a carpark at the other side of the block. In Tipp Town its even worse as the left hand lanes at the traffic lights in the center of the town are now basically parking zones for locals means two trucks can't pass at the same time. In Cahir I regularly see people just abandon their cars in the middle of the junction for Ardfinnan and head into the bank or the Hotel. We need a few right strict bastards as traffic wardens across the county to sort it out.

I'd say he's too busy patrolling the free parking areas to have time to catch people causing actual hassle double parking in the middle of the town.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭TheManFromTipp

jlm29 wrote: »
    I'd say he's too busy patrolling the free parking areas to have time to catch people causing actual hassle double parking in the middle of the town.

Mister Ireland of some years ago?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

anyone know of a decent chiropodist in clonmel ?

I hate speed ramps.

Speeding over speed ramps can be very costly as any mechanic will tell you...........broken steering and suspension parts are very costly affairs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

Mister Ireland of some years ago?

Ahem... Possibly!

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭snipey

pudzey101 wrote: »

Ted Shannon

snipey wrote: »
    Ted Shannon

Ted Channon RIP and also his son Christopher RIP last week.

jlm29 wrote: »

I saw him over there myself today. I'm delighted to see him out and about. I hope he moves on the feckers double parking / abandoning their cars wherever the feeling takes them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭solerina

pudzey101 wrote: »

Marian O Flaherty is good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭maximo31

Any suggestions for Skip Hire in the Clonmel area? Any idea of the cost involved for your average size skip?!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭solerina

Look up clonmelwaste.ie they have various sizes of skips, even the bag type that you take away yourself and they collect.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 solo1y

The euro store in the Ormond Centre on Gladstone St. closed at the weekend.

I can't decide if a euro store closing is a good sign or a bad sign of the economy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭masterboy123

I heard Dealz are going to take over Euro store...
    I was a weekly customer to their shop for knick nacks...will miss it
    solo1y wrote: »
    The euro store in the Ormond Centre on Gladstone St. closed at the weekend.

I can't decide if a euro store closing is a good sign or a bad sign of the economy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

I heard Dealz are going to take over Euro store...
    I was a weekly customer to their shop for knick nacks...will miss it
    Are Dealz going to have two shops then?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭masterboy123

Saw they are making entry barriers at Ormonde car park...you would need to get ticket and pay for the ticket on exiting..

Saw they are making entry barriers at Ormonde car park...you would need to get ticket and pay for the ticket on exiting..

I heard there was a 20 minutes grace period. Does anyone know if this is true?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭cml387

What's going on in the town tonight? I can hear music and PA from the Cashel Rd.

If it's an outdoor event they were incredibly lucky with the weather.

cml387 wrote: »
    What's going on in the town tonight? I can hear music and PA from the Cashel Rd.

I heard the last couple of nights..I think its a funfair...??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

cml387 wrote: »

At a guess id'e say what you're hearing is probably coming from the Fun Fair down in Powerstown park.

Advertisement