Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clonmel Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭Vizzy

Xenophile wrote: »
    Very sweet in fact, a bit expensive, ideal with a good coffee, the Christmas pudding after the turkey and ham![/QUOTE

I think you missed the joke - you said you were bringing a "desert" wine (as in Sahara desert) rather than "dessert" wine (as in apple pie and cream dessert)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,070 ✭✭✭Xenophile

Vizzy wrote: »
    Xenophile wrote: »
    Very sweet in fact, a bit expensive, ideal with a good coffee, the Christmas pudding after the turkey and ham![/QUOTE

I think you missed the joke - you said you were bringing a "desert" wine (as in Sahara desert) rather than "dessert" wine (as in apple pie and cream dessert)

Hands up u got me,,,,,,,,,,I would think the Sahara wine is very salty...the other one usually lemon coloured and very strong, anyone going to try a dessert wine, do a Wiki or Google search before you buy.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,734 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

Yorker wrote: »
    where are you then?

Standing on the footpath waiting for the traffic to stop - where else? I would never step onto that Crossing without making sure the traffic was slowing down. But they speed out of Mary Street, towards Oakville, and they are so busy trying to beat the traffic, they forget the pedestrians.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭pooch90

Any suggestions for somewhere nice and relaxing for a massage (no happy ending necessary!). Want to bring the husband and myself as a treat, somewhere that did both at the same time would be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Meathlass

pooch90 wrote: »
    Any suggestions for somewhere nice and relaxing for a massage (no happy ending necessary!). Want to bring the husband and myself as a treat, somewhere that did both at the same time would be good.

Monart in Wexford. Gorgeous and adults only.

If you're looking for somewhere in Clonmel I think the Park Hotel is the only proper spa like facility with relaxation areas etc. Not sure if they do double treatment rooms though.

• Advertisement

Somewhere local-ish would be good, but Cahir/Cashel etc would be ok too.
    Thanks for suggestions.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭jkmanc1974

Lunch today in Raheen House was absolutely delicious! Their roast beef just melts in the mouth and their mashed potatoes, just dreamy. Mmmmm.

Has anyone on here been to the new Tea Rooms in the Raheen House yet?

pooch90 wrote: »
    Somewhere local-ish would be good, but Cahir/Cashel etc would be ok too.
    Thanks for suggestions.

The Lyrath in Kilkenny have a couples suite, but the Park Hotel is good too, not sure if they have a couples suite, though.

tippspur wrote: »
    Surprised at that,Pagar gardens was a busy place.Although I stopped going in there myself a couple of years ago when they charged me extra for mushrooms with my chicken curry take away,feck that.:)

They must be open again..I got a menu in the door yesterday.....I haven't been there for a long time..I had a bad experience with a takeaway rib one time...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,399 ✭✭✭cml387

They opened two days after they were closed.
    I've no problem ordering from them again..after all they must have the cleanest kitchens now after their audit!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭DT100

DT100 wrote: »
    I was passing court an ri today...the people on the protest had music...guitar,fiddle...singing......Where will it all lead?

I was driving past a couple of days ago,they had a Christmas tree standing on the path..and a fella on the banjo...I went home the other day to find they had a big hole outside the house,and guarded by the now well known red barriers..:eek:...I was wondering then how true it was,that these meters were rejected by some other country,and they were not safe?

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭tinyk68

Parked my car in Mary St. car park this morning. Was gone about twenty minutes and when I came back I discovered my car had been damaged by another car all along the driver's side. The car that did the damage was nowhere to be seen but luckily somebody had witnessed it happening and provided me with the reg of the car involved. I've reported in to the guards but who knows whether or not I'll get any satisfaction.
    I know things are getting busy in the run up to Christmas and people are rushing around but I wish people would have a bit of respect for the property of others. Let's all slow down a bit and take care when driving.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭secondrowgal

tinyk68 wrote: »
    Parked my car in Mary St. car park this morning. Was gone about twenty minutes and when I came back I discovered my car had been damaged by another car all along the driver's side. The car that did the damage was nowhere to be seen but luckily somebody had witnessed it happening and provided me with the reg of the car involved. I've reported in to the guards but who knows whether or not I'll get any satisfaction.
    I know things are getting busy in the run up to Christmas and people are rushing around but I wish people would have a bit of respect for the property of others. Let's all slow down a bit and take care when driving.

Ah that's ****e tinyk! Same thing has happened to me (twice) although not as much damage as yours sounds like, but obvious that they hit my car and must have noticed at the time.

My advice, if possible, park as FAR away from all other cars as you can! I know that's tough at this time of year when the car parks are full, but it's the best of a bad lot...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,226 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

Has anyone been to the new Coopers Steakhouse? I'm thinking of going this weekend for a meal.

Has anyone been to the new Coopers Steakhouse? I'm thinking of going this weekend for a meal.

Not yet, but you can review it for us!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,481 ✭✭✭touts

tinyk68 wrote: »

It has happened to me a couple of times. Usually doors of jeeps or vans slamming into the side. The guards wont give a ****e. They are too undermanned and morale is nonexistent in the force. You'll never hear from them again. My advice is give the details to your Insurance company. They will make a claim against the insurance company of the other car. Then it all depends if the other car owner disputes the issue but you might get lucky and he/she might assume they are caught.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Meathlass

Touts got there before me.

Report it to your insurance company. Give them the reg of the other car and the details of the witness and let them chase it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭tinyk68

Meathlass wrote: »
    Touts got there before me.

Report it to your insurance company. Give them the reg of the other car and the details of the witness and let them chase it up.

I didn't realise you could do that so thanks for the advice. I'll certainly give it a try. This wasn't a simple case of someone opening a door against the car. They scraped all along the side of it. They must have done a good bit of damage to their own car too. I think it must have happened while they were reversing out of the space. I don't understand why they kept moving once they felt the scraping. I was so annoyed when I saw what had been done.

Not yet, but you can review it for us!

Ha, yeah I'll do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭All in all

Hi,

Does anyone know somewhere good to but a real christmas tree around clonmel?

• Advertisement

All in all wrote: »
    Hi,

Does anyone know somewhere good to but a real christmas tree around clonmel?

Sean Fahey, he is down in what used to be the "Sows Ear" near Larry O Keeffes showroom.

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭All in all

Vizzy wrote: »
    Sean Fahey, he is down in what used to be the "Sows Ear" near Larry O Keeffes showroom.

Thanks - any idea of prices?

All in all wrote: »
    Thanks - any idea of prices?

Afraid not. It will probably depend on size though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭Yorker

Did the cinema in clonmel change ownership? Is it not omniplex anymore?

I noticed that a few weeks back when looking for listings online, not sure what the story is though

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,800 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

It's IMC now. IMC bought out the Omniplex brand.

Loughc wrote: »
    It's IMC now. IMC bought out the Omniplex brand.

Due for an upgrade to 8 screens in the near future too if the rumours are right, apparently they have bought the old Slatterys and Vision Store buildings. Heard from a fairly reliable source.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,800 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Due for an upgrade to 8 screens in the near future too if the rumours are right, apparently they have bought the old Slatterys and Vision Store buildings. Heard from a fairly reliable source.

Good move if true, it's long overdue an upgrade.

I see they're getting ready to put a crib up at the entrance to a group of houses on the Fethard road. Nice thought. Hope it doesn't get vandalised.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 kjgf123

I believe the cinema was originally part of the Ward Anderson group, trading under the Omniplex brand, however that group recently split with half remaining as Omniplex and the other have changing to IMC.

I can post links but if you search for the Ward Anderson group you should find more info on it.

Advertisement