Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clonmel Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭notharrypotter

Post 3118 indicates its a franchise.

So its quite likely that they are the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

F34 wrote: »
    I'll miss their breakfast rolls by far and a way the best in town imo
    You'll pay a lot more for your roll in there when Applegreen take over.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭F34

tippspur wrote: »
    You'll pay a lot more for your roll in there when Applegreen take over.

Exactly hence why I won't be buying any food or coffee in there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭andrewdeerpark

Yorker wrote: »
    wasn't it the same people who had both?

DID Clonmel
    http://www.solocheck.ie/Irish-Business/Did-Electrical-Clonmel-451474
    PLEASE NOTE: This Registered Business Name is owned by the company Pansea Limited and the Premium Report information will pertain to this company

Pansea Limited
    http://www.solocheck.ie/Irish-Company/Pansea-Limited-127209#report-2

That is correct. We have to assume after the lease was left lapse what is happening with the stock in the store and local warehouse? How much is paid for, what is on credit, is it all accountable for?

Some of the staff were Pansea employees but not all (rumor mill), how did that work?

DID wanted to buy outright. I am amazed why they just do not setup in another site in town (they have their pick of em) and forget about the current arrangement.

We can only assume the whole thing is a mess...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭DT100

I was passing court an ri today...the people on the protest had music...guitar,fiddle...singing......Where will it all lead?

• Advertisement

DT100 wrote: »
    I was passing court an ri today...the people on the protest had music...guitar,fiddle...singing......Where will it all lead?

We might get Devs comely maidens dancing at the crossroads!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

We might get Devs comely maidens dancing at the crossroads!
    You might go down yourself and dance an auld jig ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Meathlass

DT100 wrote: »

Ny god! If there's anything worse than someone protesting outside your house against something you support it's people with guitars! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭mossie11

Hi, any restaurant in Clonmel area doing Christmas lunch for collection on Christmas Eve or Christmas Morning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭whitelight

how many people do you want Christmas lunch for?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭whitelight

i don't know if any restaurants do it, but if you cant find one maybe try James Whelans butchers in Oakville ,they do party to go menus you can collect at their shop .check out the website for details .

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Royco

On the subject of food, the BEST ham and coleslaw roll in the WORLD is to be got in Daybreak, Clerihan. Their coleslaw is just yummmm. (Sorry, I'm on a diet and food is all I can think of)

Heard today the new buyer of the cresent is the same people that have the shop in Clerihan

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Royco

I see coopers are branching out to the stonehouse as a steak house be interesting to see how that goes.
    I wish them the best of luck nothing ventured nothing gained

• Registered Users Posts: 3,226 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

Royco wrote: »
    I see coopers are branching out to the stonehouse as a steak house be interesting to see how that goes.
    I wish them the best of luck nothing ventured nothing gained

Yeah, I heard that too. Haven't had a decent steak since the steak house upstairs in the posthouse closed. Hope it goes well for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,628 ✭✭✭✭klose

That is correct. We have to assume after the lease was left lapse what is happening with the stock in the store and local warehouse? How much is paid for, what is on credit, is it all accountable for?

Some of the staff were Pansea employees but not all (rumor mill), how did that work?

DID wanted to buy outright. I am amazed why they just do not setup in another site in town (they have their pick of em) and forget about the current arrangement.

We can only assume the whole thing is a mess...

Some off the staff are still working there even though its closed, not sure what exactly they are doing but if you look inside through the shutters you can see most of the stock is gone so maybe they were packaging it and returning it?
    Thw whole ordeal is a bit odd, it was up in the high court anyways. Id imagine there will be another franchise in their soon enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭dieselbug

Just curious if anyone was listening to radio 1 about 7.30 pm yesterday.

I was returning from carrick on Suir and heard some of it.

About a popular character who died in a work releated accident some years back in Kerry. No family or relations and according to many dispatched to his grave in a shameful and uncaring manner.

But the real story is how the local "twelve apostles" decided it wasnt good enough and went about putting things right. Took him back up and reinteered him "properly". One of the original twelve is interviewed.

It became a huge news story at the time, Dom Carey was his name iirc. Great human nature story, there's hope for us yet.

Many of you are probably familar with it but it was new to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭DT100

Keeping an ear to the local water protests..I heard a woman on the radio this morning...She was from Glenconner.She said the protesters wouldn't let the school bus in...They had blocked the left turn on the roundabout in to GlenOaks[think that's the estate]...They told the bus driver to drive the wrong way around the roundabout,to get into the estate,to collect the kids,while the bus was full of children.He did manage to get in,but was over ten mins late.....I think that is an absolute disgrace!!!!!..I was listening to a national radio station later in the afternoon.There was a lady on...she said she had been stopped going into a Topaz station to get petrol,by a man,and she had been very upset by this.The protesters say they are entitled to protest,which they are..but surely a school bus driver locally is entitled to make sure he safely collects children,to take them to school,without being asked to break the rules of the road,and put his passengers at risk.As for the lady who called the national station,about being blocked going into Topaz.? If the protesters have the right to protest,the lady had the right to buy petrol where ever she wanted.I agree with the protesters right to make a protest..I have the same right to buy petrol where ever I want,whenever I want..They talk about the Government bullies..Mybe they should look closer to home....

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,800 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

A friend of mine was trying to get into Topaz to get a bottle of water for his 4 year old in the back and the protesters blocked him and told him to drive somewhere else.

When he refused they started shouting and banging on his car, his son was very shook up and upset by it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,226 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

Loughc wrote: »
    A friend of mine was trying to get into Topaz to get a bottle of water for his 4 year old in the back and the protesters blocked him and told him to drive somewhere else.

When he refused they started shouting and banging on his car, his son was very shook up and upset by it.

That's takings things a bit too far, by all means boycott Denis O Briens businesses and I'd be a firm believer of that btw!!, but please remember that a lot of the Topaz garages like the ones in Clonmel are a franchise and are owned by a local family, who I may and have done so long before Denis O Brien came on the scene. They have to make a living for themselves and their staff, protesters in this case aren't hurting DOB, they're hurting ordinary decent people who are just like them. If someone looses a job because of this, water charges will the least of their worries.

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭zurbfoundation

Loughc wrote: »

which topaz station was this?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭Yorker

That's takings things a bit too far, by all means boycott Denis O Briens businesses and I'd be a firm believer of that btw!!, but please remember that a lot of the Topaz garages like the ones in Clonmel are a franchise and are owned by a local family, who I may and have done so long before Denis O Brien came on the scene. They have to make a living for themselves and their staff, protesters in this case aren't hurting DOB, they're hurting ordinary decent people who are just like them. If someone looses a job because of this, water charges will the least of their worries.
    if it is a franchise it is hurting DOB and people have right to protest just like the farmers can blockade the meat factories. If it is not franchised they could not use the topaz brand. there are many with no work who are being forced to pay water charges

if it is a franchise it is hurting DOB and people have right to protest just like the farmers can blockade the meat factories. If it is not franchised they could not use the topaz brand. there are many with no work who are being forced to pay water charges

I don't have a problem with people protesting but they shouldn't be allowed to block customers from entering the forecourt.

As a consumer I should have a choice about where to shop.

Meathlass wrote: »
    I don't have a problem with people protesting but they shouldn't be allowed to block customers from entering the forecourt.

As a consumer I should have a choice about where to shop.
    and farmers should not be allowed blockade the meat factories but they do. In any case i was not responding to you but showing the inaccurace comments re franchises. if it was not a franchise they would not be using the topaz brand and so they are part of DOB.why don't you shop in meath

why don't you shop in meath

Huh?

I live in Clonmel.

Sorry, didn't realise I had to show 4 generations of Tipp ancestory before I could comment on this forum.

My original point still stands. I don't have a problem with Denis O'Brien or Topaz and I don't have any issue with protestors with placards standing on a public footpath or road informing customers of the issues they have with the above. If I as a consumer, having weighed up the information available to me, still decide to shop in Topaz I should be allowed to do so.

Huh?

I live in Clonmel.

Sorry, didn't realise I had to show 4 generations of Tipp ancestory before I could comment on this forum.

My original point still stands. I don't have a problem with Denis O'Brien or Topaz and I don't have any issue with protestors with placards standing on a public footpath or road informing customers of the issues they have with the above. If I as a consumer, having weighed up the information available to me, still decide to shop in Topaz I should be allowed to do so.
    and my point stands i was not addressing you and it is a franchise and protestors have as much right as rich farmers blockading factories.Ha ha the usual suspect in with the thanks. your like a little club of govt lackeys lol

Your analogy with the farmers doesn't really stand up as they were blocking the suppliers to the factory (the farmers themselves) not the customers (the large multiples).

Protestors could perhaps prevent the suppliers to Topaz from delivering goods/fuel.

Anyway this is a thread about Clonmel, not IW so ....

On a totally unrelated topic is anyone going to the Comedy Festival in O'Keefes next weekend? €50 for a 4 night ticket package seems a very good deal.

Your analogy with the farmers doesn't really stand up as they were blocking the suppliers to the factory (the farmers themselves) not the customers (the large multiples).

Protestors could perhaps prevent the suppliers to Topaz from delivering goods/fuel.

Anyway this is a thread about Clonmel, not IW so ....

On a totally unrelated topic is anyone going to the Comedy Festival in O'Keefes next weekend? €50 for a 4 night ticket package seems a very good deal.
    I was not addressing you when i said topaz is a franchise as it was claiomed it was not linked to DOB . you change the subject when you are shown up. the farmers were blocking suppliers does not endanger jobs LOL. ha ha . getting the farmers dole lol

I was not addressing you when i said topaz is a franchise as it was claiomed it was not linked to DOB . you change the subject when you are shown up. the farmers were blocking suppliers does not endanger jobs LOL. ha ha . getting the farmers dole lol

I give up :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,070 ✭✭✭Xenophile

Will you support the Irish soccer team as O'Brien sponsors them very heavily and will you urge your friends to stop supporting the team?

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

Enough derailing, please get back on topic.

Advertisement