Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clonmel Thread

Options

Comments

Loughc wrote: »
    The pub food is really nice for pub grub. Be very interested in trying the steakhouse.

Thanks. Must give them a try. I'm a big fan of Raheen Houses Sunday lunch, but variety is the spice of life!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭dieselbug

Yorker wrote: »
    its ok for farmers children but not people you deem beneath you. there is much chance of nastiness at farmers protest as water. you show your colours

My point is...

It's ok for children to be present at a protest as long as they are not exposed to nastiness verbal or physical. I make no destiction as to what is being protested or who is protesting.

And I dont consider anyone to be beneath me, I only consider the accusation as an insult.

dieselbug wrote: »
    My point is...

It's ok for children to be present at a protest as long as they are not exposed to nastiness verbal or physical. I make no destiction as to what is being protested or who is protesting.

And I dont consider anyone to be beneath me, I only consider the accusation as an insult.

I posted a comment a couple of days ago about my objection to a boy of about 10 shouting through a megaphone on the Fethard road. Anothyer poster took exception to my comment and has been poking fun about it ever since. My point is that children have no place in protests where there is intimidation or the threat of violence. Children should be allowed be just children and not pawns in adults mind games.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

Ms. Pingui wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend a good family law solicitor in Clonmel?

For District Court - Deirdre Maguire of O'Shee Murphy

for Circuit Court - Lots of local solicitors, James Reilly, John Joy,

hope that helps

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

F34 wrote: »
    Surprised at that,Pagar gardens was a busy place.Although I stopped going in there myself a couple of years ago when they charged me extra for mushrooms with my chicken curry take away,feck that.:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭DT100

I am looking for someone to collect some garden rubbish,not a large amount..Any info would be great ,thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭F34

Irish Water moved into our estate this morning they are cutting out the meter boxes all ready in place to be replaced with the same boxes. Shows how inept and what a money racket it is.

Also blocking people into their driveways not a great way to try and keep people on side

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭andrewdeerpark

DID remains closed with lots of rumors mostly concerning the previous business operated as Slattery's. Their is form their...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭Yorker

Irish Water moved into our estate this morning they are cutting out the meter boxes all ready in place to be replaced with the same boxes. Shows how inept and what a money racket it is.

Also blocking people into their driveways not a great way to try and keep people on side

what estate

Yorker wrote: »
    what estate

Sweetbriar on Thomas Street.

• Advertisement

did ye not get letters? Thought they give letters in advance

We did but no warning they would be arriving this morning. People hadn't left for school or work had to chase them to remove barriers.

they literally arrived like a swarm of locusts at 8.30

We did but no warning they would be arriving this morning. People hadn't left for school or work had to chase them to remove barriers.

they literally arrived like a swarm of locusts at 8.30
    so the letters do not give adate? Could you upload the letter removing any personal details

It's not a letter it's just an information booklet sorry should have said that.

On the front it just says your water meters will be installed soon.

dieselbug wrote: »
    My point is...

sorry that was not meant for you. quoted wrong person

I posted a comment a couple of days ago about my objection to a boy of about 10 shouting through a megaphone on the Fethard road. Anothyer poster took exception to my comment and has been poking fun about it ever since. My point is that children have no place in protests where there is intimidation or the threat of violence. Children should be allowed be just children and not pawns in adults mind games.
    took exception to your smugness and your discrimination as to who should protest. Not everyone can afford the meals out you continually boast about. next time ask the staff can they pay for water. Think you might find hotel staff not the best paid. see the farmers blockaded meat factories for the last couple days. will anyone lose a job there.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Deminiman

In other news, the Mace/Maxol garage on the moangarrif roundabout is being taken over by Applegreen on December 1st. The current manager is being forced out due to the sale of premises to Applegreen. Staff are keeping their jobs. I hope they will keep up the quality of food that is currently available at the deli counter.

Deminiman wrote: »
    In other news, the Mace/Maxol garage on the moangarrif roundabout is being taken over by Applegreen on December 1st. The current manager is being forced out due to the sale of premises to Applegreen. Staff are keeping their jobs. I hope they will keep up the quality of food that is currently available at the deli counter.

I'll miss their breakfast rolls by far and a way the best in town imo

I'll miss their breakfast rolls by far and a way the best in town imo

Mmmmm. Will have to call in for one soon! Glad to hear that staff are keeping their jobs.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,070 ✭✭✭Xenophile

Happy to hear that Frank O'Keeffe has managed to find a buyer for "The Crescent" after a very short time after putting it on the market.

I believe the buyer is a young man in his early thirties and a former pupil of Clonmel High School, so he will have a good idea of how to go about the business.

I wish both individuals the best of luck for a happy and sucessfull future.

I also wish Sean Bates who is selling Heywood Stores sucess in finding an early buyer.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Advertisement

Mmmmm. Will have to call in for one soon! Glad to hear that staff are keeping their jobs.

Maryanne,dont be talking about eating....down with that sort of thing;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭cml387

Xenophile wrote: »
    Happy to hear that Frank O'Keeffe has managed to find a buyer for "The Crescent" after a very short time after putting it on the market.

I believe the buyer is a young man in his early thirties and a former pupil of Clonmel High School, so he will have a good idea of how to go about the business.

I wish both individuals the best of luck for a happy and sucessfull future.

I also wish Sean Bates who is selling Heywood Stores sucess in finding an early buyer.
    The Crescent is probably a good moneyspinner with an established trade and adjacent schools.

Not so sure about Bates, with the proximity of the garage at the Cashel Road roundabout ("The little town outside the town" as it use to advertise much to my amusement).

DT100 wrote: »
    Maryanne,dont be talking about eating....down with that sort of thing;)

On the subject of food, the BEST ham and coleslaw roll in the WORLD is to be got in Daybreak, Clerihan. Their coleslaw is just yummmm. (Sorry, I'm on a diet and food is all I can think of)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,070 ✭✭✭Xenophile

Posh enough, great to see that almost every house there has a car.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

Careful now. Some don't like that sort of thing!

Yeah tis great we're all living the high life in there :pac:

Yeah tis great we're all living the high life in there :pac:

Ah now..having a car is not on at all..Only a spoon of water a week for you:D

If you read posts correctly, you'll find that 10 year olds are not intimidating, unlike some of the older protesters. Some of us simply believe that the sight of a 10 year old on a picket line with a megafone is not right. It's the type of thing seen in cultures that have no respect for their children.
    I don't get your point about farmers? I'm assuming it's a dig at me?
    you wrote"I saw a kid of about 10 out yesterday evening with a megaphone on the Fethard road. I'm all for peoples rights to protest, but I found this intimidating just to drive past!" so either you find kids of 10 intimidating or you cannot write what you mean

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭major deegan

See a few mentions on here of DID closed in clonmel. Is it permanent or what happened? Seemed to be doing alright there!

• Advertisement

DID remains closed with lots of rumors mostly concerning the previous business operated as Slattery's. Their is form their...
    wasn't it the same people who had both?

DID Clonmel
    http://www.solocheck.ie/Irish-Business/Did-Electrical-Clonmel-451474
    PLEASE NOTE: This Registered Business Name is owned by the company Pansea Limited and the Premium Report information will pertain to this company

Pansea Limited
    http://www.solocheck.ie/Irish-Company/Pansea-Limited-127209#report-2

Advertisement