Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky for €9.04 per month

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭dfbemt

Got knock on door today from Sky person. Told him politley that I wasn't interested.

Proceeded to ask me who was my service provided by. Told him politely again that I wasn't interested.

Then asked me how much I was paying a month for my TV. This was one question too much and a personal one at that. None of your business now F Off.

Got me on a bad day :o

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭harryd2

tm2204 wrote: »
    Anyone got a normal geographic (01) etc: number you can call these cnuts on.

All I can find is a series of 0818 numbers which cost a bomb and actually make the cnuts money.

Looked long and hard for one before to no avail.
    Could only call some of their agent shops - one in cork IIRC.
    Alternative is to get a live chat on the website, although that seems to be a bit random.
    Ended up signing up for blueface

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

tm2204 wrote: »
    Anyone got a normal geographic (01) etc: number you can call these cnuts on.

All I can find is a series of 0818 numbers which cost a bomb and actually make the cnuts money.

Number below from
    saynoto1890

* SKY TV Customer Service
    o 0818719852 Call Instead – 0044844241152200 or 00441506831609
    o Or Try to Call Instead – 1800812040

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Bansko

"Originally Posted by saynoto1890
    * SKY TV Customer Service
    o 0818719852 Call Instead – 0044844241152200 or 00441506831609
    o Or Try to Call Instead – 1800812040 "

0044844241152200 is a "UK Special Services number" and costs €0.186/min from blueface - I just rang them

00441506831609 - Answering service saying number is no longer valid

1800812040 - voicemail asking you to leave name and number.

At least UPC provide you with a freephone number - 1908

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭m4r10

Anybody knows if there's any difference between the HD+box and +box? Would I be able to view the FTA HD channels on the +box after the contract expires?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,915 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

I want to order this for my aunt but can I use my fatcheese account?
    I am already a sky subscriber a few years. thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

sweetie wrote: »
    I want to order this for my aunt but can I use my fatcheese account?
    I am already a sky subscriber a few years. thanks

You probably could but you won't be able to use your own name when signing up your aunt on sky as this offer is for new customers only.

This post has been deleted.

Thanks for that. I read the SKY site more careful and they say it there as well:
    Our best ever Sky+ box is even HD ready so you can upgrade to watch programmes in high definition when you take the HD Pack for €15 extra a month.
    I just signed for the Sky+ box, installation only on the 4th.

I signed up for this on Good Friday but it still hasn't shown up on my fatcheese account yet. Is it too early to open a ticket!

• Advertisement

danjo-xx wrote: »
    I signed up for this on Good Friday but it still hasn't shown up on my fatcheese account yet. Is it too early to open a ticket!

I signed up today and to my surprise, after a couple of hours it appeared on my fatcheese account, so I'd say you can contact them to see what's happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭Vertakill

Did you go onto fatcheese.ie , log into your fatcheese account and then click the link to Sky's website on fatcheese?

If you don't click the link whilst on the fatcheese site, Sky won't recognise fatcheese as the referrer and you won't get your money.

Vertakill wrote: »
    Did you go onto fatcheese.ie , log into your fatcheese account and then click the link to Sky's website on fatcheese?

If you don't click the link whilst on the fatcheese site, Sky won't recognise fatcheese as the referrer and you won't get your money.

Yes I made double sure I was going thru fatcheese and then to sky.

Loged into fatcheese a/c and then went to the sky offer and at bottom clicked on link that said. 'Get Cash Back Now' and was directed to the Sky site.

I opened a ticket with FC and they said it can take up to 7 days to appear, and if still no show to open a Claim then. Opening claim on Friday if still no show.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭Curious Geroge

Rang Sky today to place an order after I got an automatic cancellation from my online order and was told that the Sky cashback offer is closed and no cashback is available. Refused to place the order !!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭positron

So, here's an update.

* Took up this offer with fatcheese.ie on 18th.
    * Sky rang back straightaway etc, and arranged install for 26th.
    * Sky emailed next day staying install moved to 27th. No call, just email.
    * No call on 26th about 27th's install as Sky adviced. No call on 27th morning either.
    * Called Sky on 27h mid-day, and they said the engineer will call around 2-5.
    * No one turned up. Another call to sky. They said they will call back, but left a message straight into the mail box to say won't be coming, will be 29th. I had taken half day off work - for nothing.
    * 28th evening, Sky Engineer calls and confirm he will be here on 29th 3-5 (today).
    * Arranged with work so that I can leave early to be at home for 3pm.
    * Sky engineer calls to the house at 2pm! FFS!!!!
    * Luckily MrsP was there and some discussions over phone, and he has done whatever, not sure if that's to my liking, will know later today.
    * They are putting in a quad lnb - I didn't pick multiroom.
    * No sign of cashback from FatCheese.ie - have raised a ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Nforce

Mine was scheduled for installation initially for the 24th. This was changed to the 27th and the installer contacted me by phone a few hours before hand to arrange a time. I got the basic Sky+ package with kids channels as an addon(as they're the only ones who watch tv here!).
    As mentioned, all new installations utilise the Sky+ HD box. Just remember to add ITV HD and others to your Other Channels lineup. My Mrs was happy out watching the Royal Wedding this morning in HD.:pac:

positron wrote: »
    So, here's an update.

* Took up this offer with fatcheese.ie on 18th.
    * Sky rang back straightaway etc, and arranged install for 26th.
    * Sky emailed next day staying install moved to 27th. No call, just email.
    * No call on 26th about 27th's install as Sky adviced. No call on 27th morning either.
    * Called Sky on 27h mid-day, and they said the engineer will call around 2-5.
    * No one turned up. Another call to sky. They said they will call back, but left a message straight into the mail box to say won't be coming, will be 29th. I had taken half day off work - for nothing.
    * 28th evening, Sky Engineer calls and confirm he will be here on 29th 3-5 (today).
    * Arranged with work so that I can leave early to be at home for 3pm.
    * Sky engineer calls to the house at 2pm! FFS!!!!
    * Luckily MrsP was there and some discussions over phone, and he has done whatever, not sure if that's to my liking, will know later today.
    * They are putting in a quad lnb - I didn't pick multiroom.

jebus thats woeful not a very good intro to Sky.....hope same doesn't happen me Wednesday.

Thats way over 7days...so don't bother with a ticket put in a claim or even both.

jebus thats woeful not a very good intro to Sky.....hope same doesn't happen me Wednesday.

Thats way over 7days...so don't bother with a ticket put in a claim or even both.

I'm in the same situation, installation going on the 4th, fingers crossed all goes OK.

positron wrote: »
    So, here's an update.

* Took up this offer with fatcheese.ie on 18th

Another quick update - I was asked to raise a 'claim' by fatcheese.ie, which I have with new customer number details from sky etc. A banner under the claim says it might take several weeks.

About the install - I had an old sky dish and wiring. Sky engineer for new install took the old one down and put a new dish up. And routed the new cable same way as the first one, but didn't remove the first cable (Technically not part of the install I suppose!). Since it was quad lnb, I paid him some cash to wire another cable and left it in the attic, so that if I decided to use a freesat box elsewhere in the house I can just wire it in, without having to go looking for a ladder and climb to the roof etc.

Same position as positron claim pending..... installation went ahead today as planned (single room) quad lnb sky+hd box, two feeds from lnb on the outer terminals, dish mounted just above ground floor windows on back wall, so pretty pleased all round.

• Advertisement

Installation went smooth enough for me yesterday, apart for them trying to convince me that the box should be put in the other side of the cabinet because of the short cable!!! Eventually, they added a couple meters of cable and now the box is where it was suppose to be in the first place.

Does anybody knows when the check from Sky arrives or do I have to give them a call to remind them about it?

Edit:
    From Sky site:
    Cheques sent via post within 60 days of your Sky TV viewing card being enabled to receive Sky TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Amaru KGB

Is this offer still available? I'm moving in to a new place and need the basic Sky

• Registered Users Posts: 45,958 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Amaru KGB wrote: »
    Is this offer still available? I'm moving in to a new place and need the basic Sky
    Its not. The current deal is a free box and free installation if you are a new customer.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭TriStar6

You can still get cashback off fatcheese though

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Amaru KGB

Cheers guys

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭blsw

Has anybody received there cashback from Sky and Fatcheeses.

I havent received either.

On my Fatcheese account it originally estimated I would recive it in June but now it is July.

Any ideas what to do.

It was ordered on 20th April and installed on 27th April

blsw wrote: »
    Has anybody received there cashback from Sky and Fatcheeses.

I havent received either.

On my Fatcheese account it originally estimated I would recive it in June but now it is July.

Any ideas what to do.

It was ordered on 20th April and installed on 27th April

Mine was installed on the same date..27th April,but the estimated date for cashback from Fatcheese was and still is, July for me.
    Apparently the Sky cashback will be 60 day's after installation.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭blsw

I spoke to a Sky rep and he said you have to redeem the cash online on www.sky.com/cashback/redeem but this site seems to apply to a different offer.

Im waiting for them to call me back.

I had thought that it was 60 days from install as well.

Will let you know if they call back

No sign of cash back from either FatCheese or Sky.

And FatCheese has send me this just an hour ago. Fecking chancers!! :rolleyes:
    Hi,

We noticed that you've been a member for a some time but haven't yet started shopping through Fatcheese. By this point the average customer has earned over €110! You can even earn 10% back on your CityDeals.ie purchases!

In our experience the main reason people don't shop through Fatcheese is because they think money for nothing is too good to be true.

Try out some of our free cashback offers... you have nothing to lose by trying it, it's all free and you could earn yourself over €35

• Advertisement

Nforce wrote: »
    Mine was installed on the same date..27th April,but the estimated date for cashback from Fatcheese was and still is, July for me.
    Apparently the Sky cashback will be 60 day's after installation.

Got a cheque for €100 from Sky this morning. :D

Advertisement