Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky for €9.04 per month

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

just so people know, if you're in an apartment block with a shared dish, you have to register for sky on the blower rather than onlone (stupid i know), so you won't be able to get the cashback

Ye that's what I had to do, sorry for any confusion to anyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Ye that's what I had to do, sorry for any confusion to anyone.

just reading the rest of yours, didnt think of going back to fatcheese and adding a reference code, the cashback was lower at the time, and I wasnt getting any premium channels, so it's a case of live and learn

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭christo82

Can I just confirm this, if after a year, I cancel my subscription, do I get to keep the equipment without any additional charge?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭positron

That's usually the case with Sky, you have to stay with them for 12 months, but you can leave after that and the dish, box etc is all yours to keep for ever - although I haven't read their latest terms and conditions / finer print, I am sure we would have heard if they had changed their policy on this.

PS: Just fyi, once you unsubscribe, the Plus features (record/timeshift etc) also stops working.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭randombar

Hold on, sky plus stops working when you cancel your subs???

Also what are the chances of them installing a different dish for me??

• Advertisement

Yes, as far as I know, plus features does not work without subscription.

What do you mean by 'different dish'? I suppose you can try talking to the engineer. I am hoping to speak to the engineer and see if I can get a quad-LNB put in for additional cost, but not sure if he/she will do it or not. I will give it a go anyway, and will update here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭randombar

Ya let me know how you get on, the regular sky dish won't pick up saorsat, if/when it comes online but a 60" with an extra LNB will, so might as him for the dish and LNB.

Is a quad Lnb not standard these days? I thought with Sky Plus needing two of those outputs, I thought they'd leave it Multiroom ready? Are BBCHD and ITVHD(through other channels) available on this forever even I cancel after 12 months? Is there a complete list of channels available on sky in Ireland including which package they're on?

Didn't know quad LNB is standard - that's good to know. I'll just ask him to run another pair of cables into the attic I suppose, I can route it later to where ever I want. Thanks for that bit of knowledge.

Oh sorry mate, I don't know whether it's standard. I was just asking a question myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

just in case anyone is thinking about getting this and going for multiroom without and Eircom based landline you can't, even though it will let you put up an order

• Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭danois

I know you can ring sky and then put order number into fatcheese to get this offer but can you do the same if you use a sky contracted installer? Or would if affect them getting pay or commision or whatever it is they get paid? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭blsw

I ordered Sky this morning through the Fatcheese site.

I ordered the standard bundle along with the knowledge pack, news and events pack and the music pack for 27euros per month

I will get 100euros back from Sky within 60days and my Fatcheese account says I have 67.50euros pending in July

That 167.50euros refund covers 6 months payments + you get to keep the dish and box when subscription expires

Thanks Op for the heads up. I think its a great deal

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Think I'll have to go for this..just toooo goood to miss:D

@blsw did you get charged €30 for having no phone line (or do you have one)

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭blsw

I have phone line

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Nforce

blsw wrote: »
    I ordered Sky this morning through the Fatcheese site.

I ordered the standard bundle along with the knowledge pack, news and events pack and the music pack for 27euros per month

I will get 100euros back from Sky within 60days and my Fatcheese account says I have 67.50euros pending in July

That 167.50euros refund covers 6 months payments + you get to keep the dish and box when subscription expires

Thanks Op for the heads up. I think its a great deal

Yep..same here. I believe that all Sky+ set top boxes are now HD compatible...if so...BONUS! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭Hennybug

Has anyone gotten this offer where they're in an apartment with a shared dish? I rang them just now to switch over but the girl i spoke with said the only offer i could get was the free box - TBH she sounded a bit clueless so i was wondering was she correct :D

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭harryd2

I got a similar offer in a shared dish apt..
    IIRC I ordered online via FC website, then had to inform FC that I had ordered Sky+ HD through them in order to get the cash back.
    They contacted sky, and confirmed I would get the cashback, although I still have only got half back .

Hennybug wrote: »
    Has anyone gotten this offer where they're in an apartment with a shared dish? I rang them just now to switch over but the girl i spoke with said the only offer i could get was the free box - TBH she sounded a bit clueless so i was wondering was she correct :D

Fatcheese:

Please note: This programme is for those who live in houses only. If you live in an apartment block please go to the Sky For Your Apartment page.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭robcon

danjo-xx wrote: »
    Fatcheese:

Please note: This programme is for those who live in houses only. If you live in an apartment block please go to the Sky For Your Apartment page.

And on the sky-for-your-apartment page it also has

"Free Sky+ or Sky+HD box with free standard set-up plus €100 cheque from Sky when you join Sky TV before 27 April (save €179)."

So why are sky telling people they are not entitled to the €100 cheque? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭Hennybug

I pointed this out to the woman i spoke to today and said this exclusion wasn't mentioned anywhere on the website - she said she'd get her supervisor to get the website changed :confused: I'm going to call again tomorrow and see, i really think she hadn't a clue :p

Do you get a choice of install date and time am/pm?

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭gaillimhabu

I have UPC for TV and broadband which is very good. Do Sky provide broadband or what do people use?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

I have UPC for TV and broadband which is very good. Do Sky provide broadband or what do people use?

Same here but no SKY doesn't have broadbrand in Ireland. Also with UPC you need to pay about €7 extra per month if you only have their broadbrand.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Offer_asking

has any one take this offer. Need feedback

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

Do you get a choice of install date and time am/pm?

you can select a date when u order but its not guaranteed. i got an email the next day saying it was rescheduled. Also if you ring sky and go through the option selecting procedure to try see about what time they will be out to install you will be told that the installer will ring you before 9am of the day of the install. They should ring u the day before but still not much notice. my installer rang me at 10:45pm the night before!! you should be able to arrange a different day if their ad of 24\7 customer service is to be believed..

As for needing a phone line, i had a phone line but socket wasnt near telly so the installer just activated it on his pda-phone yolk. no extra charge. So methinks tick yes as to having a phone line on the order form and there is a good chance ye'll wont have to pay the non phone line charge ;)

thanks Scruff for the detail reply and will tick the phone line option, its worth a try anyway.:)

Signed up at 4.30 this afternoon, got a call 5 minutes later and installation confirmed for the 28th, and it has appeared on my Fatcheese account payable in July. Hope things go as smooth during the installation.

thanks Scruff for the detail reply and will tick the phone line option, its worth a try anyway.:)

ticked the *have phone line* box (single room installation) but when filling out the details, giving landline number is required.......

I could make one up but I don't know, anyone try this??

Last year a workmate got single room installation and he had a phone line but it wasn't near the cable point and installer just set it up without connecting to the phone line, seems to be no big deal,
    but €37.50 is to me. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭tm2204

Anyone got a normal geographic (01) etc: number you can call these cnuts on.

All I can find is a series of 0818 numbers which cost a bomb and actually make the cnuts money.

Advertisement