Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

List of Renewed - Cancelled - Still under debate - Shows Announced (So Far...)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,705 ✭✭✭squonk

So of all the new shows that have started since the Autumn what do people here think are likely to stay and be the first to be cancelled.

Now I have not watched many but so far I am impressed with what I have seen.

Blindspot is fun and I can at least see it going the season but I can see how it can be extended with
    Operation Daylight

Quantico i think will be a good one and will last.

Minority Report i have only seen an episode and while it was okay it does need to improve to last i think.

Limitless I am not suue about it seems a bit all over the place but I am willing to give it 10 episode (I know is a lot).

That is only new series i have seen I have still to see Code Black, Heroes Reborn, Blood & Oil. Not sure what I am missing.

So what as made the grade for you what is borderline and what do you dislike. Hope this is the right thread

Limitless is pretty good. It's well paced and fun. I'm likign it a lot.
    Quantico is another strong show but is still finding it's feet and, despite feeling very contrived, it's very well paced and produced so it will keep me interested.
    Minorit Report just isn't grabbing me at all.
    Blindspot isn't doing it for me either. It seems to be a sillier Blacklist but I'll give it some more time.
    Code Black is great. I've really enjoyed the second episode. The pilot seesm to have been panned a bit by critics. Yeah it's a bit contrived but I do like it.
    Rosewood is a good show based on the pilot. I haven't caught Episode 2 yet but I'm looking forward to doing so. Very much looks to be the new Rush and hopefully it won't suffer that show's fate
    The Player had a strong opening. Likewise I've not gotten to episode 2 yet but really like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

I haven't started watching any of them until I know which ones are cancelled. Heroes Reborn is the only one I am watching as I know it's likely to be a stand-alone one off story to tie up the end of the series.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,271 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

squonk wrote: »
    Limitless is pretty good. It's well paced and fun. I'm likign it a lot.
    Feels a bit to much liking to do Elementary with a goofy guy; plot is moving but I'm having my doubts it will make it beyond season 2 if that and it's very much down to the two main characters which simply don't click well for me (goofy guy and serious female cop for comedy yet try to be a thriller in the arc story telling, the clash simply does not work).
    Minority Report just isn't grabbing me at all.
    I stopped watching halfway through episode 1; by all accounts a very good choice.
    Blindspot isn't doing it for me either. It seems to be a sillier Blacklist but I'll give it some more time.
    It has potential in the story but I'm struggling to see it going beyond one or two seasons. In some ways it appears to be running to fast if anything with the plot and spilling the beans on stuff.
    The Player had a strong opening. Likewise I've not gotten to episode 2 yet but really like it.
    I'm sure it can go to two or even three seasons but it hinges very much on the overall arc plot and how they play it out (the individual episodes are simply generic action material which will not carry it).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

shinny wrote: »
    don ramo wrote: »
    absolutely awesome news :):):)

On the back of these posts, I watched all the first season over the weekend as I was never sure about it. Delighted I did..brilliant show.

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

I liked it a lot but I'm not gutted, but I just do not understand ratings. According to Wiki it had 4.5 million viewers per episode last season. Then it gets cancelled for poor ratings?

I see other high profile and costly shows with the same or less figures and they're still going strong. I don't get it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,271 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

I liked it a lot but I'm not gutted, but I just do not understand ratings. According to Wiki it had 4.5 million viewers per episode last season. Then it gets cancelled for poor ratings?
    Total ratings does not matter; only certain bands of watchers matter which is why a show like Longmire (good ratings) got cancelled because it pulled the "wrong" crowd.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,470 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Nody wrote: »
    ... why a show like Longmire (good ratings) got cancelled because it pulled the "wrong" crowd.

People with good taste in TV? :o

Goes a long way towards explaining the proliferation and persistence of talent shows and reality TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Mr E wrote: »
    People with good taste in TV? :o

Goes a long way towards explaining the proliferation and persistence of talent shows and reality TV.

Exactly....drama is expensive. Writers, actors, crews need paying. Reality junk can be produced on the cheap. As a fan of quality drama, I'm amazed anyone is still bothering to make it.
    People baking cakes is currently outperforming all comers on UK TV. People watching people bake cakes. Even PT Barnum wouldn't believe it and he knew a thing or two about idiots.

Ah now, come on. The Bake Off is one of the better ones!

Reality TV is good when it's done well.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,474 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Blindspot gets full season order (22 episodes) pick up by NBC

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭sanna

So of all the new shows that have started since the Autumn what do people here think are likely to stay and be the first to be cancelled.

Now I have not watched many but so far I am impressed with what I have seen.

Blindspot is fun and I can at least see it going the season but I can see how it can be extended with
    Operation Daylight

Quantico i think will be a good one and will last.

Minority Report i have only seen an episode and while it was okay it does need to improve to last i think.

Limitless I am not suue about it seems a bit all over the place but I am willing to give it 10 episode (I know is a lot).

That is only new series i have seen I have still to see Code Black, Heroes Reborn, Blood & Oil. Not sure what I am missing.

So what as made the grade for you what is borderline and what do you dislike. Hope this is the right thread

Liking Blindspot, Quantico and The Player
    Gave Rosewood benefit of the doubt but after 3 eps, I cant be bothered. Rosie is a headwrecker!

Limitless and Minority report tried to watch 2nd ep but switched off

Not sure about blood and oil, watchable but not in major rush to see, doesnt have the oooh must see straightaway vibe, but the English bar owners accent is wrecking my head so could be that

Seen 1 ep of code black, not feeling it thought it was going to be more interesting and possibly replace Greys for me, kinda getting bored of the most unluckiest hospital ever, but even perking any interest outta me!

Watched 3 eps of Grandfathered, but dont see where else it can go, funny but think it will be lucky for one season.
    Liking life on pieces, my family looks kinda normal ish in comparison!

I see other high profile and costly shows with the same or less figures and they're still going strong. I don't get it.

If you want to see how ridiculous the whole ratings thing is just look at Longmire. It had great numbers and was one of the most consistent performing shows on TV but was cancelled because the viewership skewed older. Like a lot of other great performing shows on the Network it was cancelled in favor of some cheap chap that appealed to a broader and younger audience. Netflix picked up Longmire and it's done brilliantly for them. Extant is a strange one as Amazon Prime were involved in it and I would think that depending on how well it did there they may bring it back.

It's also not just an American thing, Utopia on C4 has universal critical acclaim, good viewership and HBO developing a remake but after series 2 it was cancelled as C4 wanted to pursue shows aimed at a younger audience.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

network tv is just ridiculous at the best of time, look no further that Person of Interest, im my opinion the best show currently on network tv, its beem running for 4 seasons, with its most recent 4th season drawing in 9+ million viewers, 2 million more than elementary, 3-5 million more than gotham, 5 million more than Agents of SHIELD, and yet all those shows got full season orders, and Person of Interest got a 13 episode order, and its looking like the 5 season will be its final season,

now i do enjoy all the other shows i listed, by POI is by and far the best of that bunch, it might be that the creators of the show think 5 seasons is a great run, and they feel theyve done as much as they can with compromising the quality of the show, and thatd be fair enough, and a great move, but all anyone understanding of it is, is that the network board are assholes,

but anyway, onto the new shows, minority report i could tell was a goner from the start, i watched the pilot, and just had no interest in the second, i really dunno why FOX are still making sci-fi shows, they just keep failing, blindspot has been a pretty good show, a nice mystery show, but it seems limited as to how far it can actually go, quantico is in the same boat, once they wrap the story after season 1, where do these shows go then, both will be renewed, of that id be fairly sure, as will limitless, which out of all the pilots i feel has the better built in longevity, its procedural and has the nice subtext of the drug going for it, along with bradley cooper popping in and out of the show, its still finding its feet, and need to get a better balance, but id say by mid season itll be running away nicely,

and even on top of that, most shows look to have returned pretty strong, Agent of SHIELD, Homeland and Gotham particularly,

• Registered Users Posts: 60,398 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Beauty and the Beast Cancelled by The CW after season 4.

http://www.thewrap.com/cw-cancels-beauty-and-the-beast-after-four-seasons/

• Registered Users Posts: 60,398 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

• Registered Users Posts: 53,942 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Headshot wrote: »
    Ah bollocks

****ers
    How did the second season compare to the first? I very only watched the first episode of season two. Wondering whether to continue : does it end on a cliffhanger?

• Registered Users Posts: 53,942 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I liked it ixoy. Its not going to win any awards but it had a few great twists in it I felt. It worth watching it, if you liked season 1.

The cliff hanger at the end of season 2 now and then im hit with this cancelation. Im pissed off

Yeah season 2 was pretty good. Nicely setup for season 3 too, which is a shame.

America's Next Top Model cancelled after 22 seasons.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Ah, balls! Dominion was really entertaining - and Season 2 was a big improvement on the first, much darker with a lot more bloodshed and morally ambiguous situations.

I figured it was coming but I'm disappointed.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,474 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

FX has picked up their Donald Glover comedy pilot Atlantato series with a 10 episode order

SyFy are definitely clearing the decks. After Continuum and Dominion, the next casualty is Defiance.

http://variety.com/2015/tv/news/defiance-cancelled-syfy-season-4-1201620075/

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭James74

...After Continuum...

Ahhh, was Continuum cancelled?

James74 wrote: »
    Ahhh, was Continuum cancelled?
    Well they were on the verge of it but got a final 6-episode order. So it actually wraps up properly unlike 'Dominion' does (I assume) or 'Defiance' (haven't watched it). It gets the ending the creator always wanted, just getting there a good bit earlier.

Also SyFy didn't clear its slate for 'Continuum' - it's a Canadian production by Showcase. SyFy don't make it.

SyFy are definitely clearing the decks. After Continuum and Dominion, the next casualty is Defiance.

http://variety.com/2015/tv/news/defiance-cancelled-syfy-season-4-1201620075/
    Well was Defiance not suppose to be the tie in between show and the MMO? If it was that show the game was woefully implemented and the show even worse so surprised it taken so long...

• Registered Users Posts: 28,869 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

The Defiance game will continue to be supported and I thought the show had already been cancelled since the season 3 ending felt like a series finale.

• Advertisement

CastorTroy wrote: »
    The Defiance game will continue to be supported and I thought the show had already been cancelled since the season 3 ending felt like a series finale.
    Ah so it wraps up quite neatly? Am ambivalent about watching the third season so at least it seems it doesn't end on a cliff hanger.
    How is the third season versus the first two?

Advertisement