Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

List of Renewed - Cancelled - Still under debate - Shows Announced (So Far...)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,398 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Medici
    Frank Spotnitz’s Big Light Prods (The Man In The High Castle) and Lux Vide (Joseph) are teaming up to produce eight-part drama series Medici: Masters Of Florence chronicling the rise of the Medici family and the Italian Renaissance, with Richard Madden (Game Of Thrones) and Oscar winner Dustin Hoffman attached to star.

Spotnitz co-created with Nicholas Meyer and executive produces with Matilde and Luca Bernabei. Sergio Mimica-Gezzan (The Pillars of the Earth) directs all eight episodes. RAI will broadcast the series in Italy, with Wild Bunch TV overseeing international sales, launching at Mipcom in a few weeks. Principal photography begins this month in Rome and Florence, Italy, including historic sites where many of the actual events occurred, including Palazzo Vecchio, the Basilica di San Lorenzo, and the Duomo.

The series dramatizes the story of the family’s ascent from simple merchants to power brokers who sparked an economic and cultural revolution, in the process creating a long list of powerful enemies. Madden will play the lead, enterprising son Cosimo de’ Medici, and Hoffman is family patriarch Giovanni de’ Medici.

“The Medici came to power at a time of great social and economic inequality,” said Spotnitz. “They were great disrupters. Their banking practices led to the creation of a middle class, making them unimaginably wealthy. The Medici in turn used their vast power and resources to challenge traditional thinking, ushering in a new era of revolutionary art and science such as the world had never seen. It’s a powerful story that resonates even now.”

Madden is known for his role as Robb Stark in Game of Thrones. His other credits include Cinderella, Ridley Scott’s miniseries Klondike, Sirens, Hope Springs, and feature A Promise. Among his dozens of credits, Hoffman is a two-time lead actor Oscar winner for Rain Man and Kramer vs. Kramer.

http://deadline.com/2015/09/richard-madden-dustin-hoffman-medici-masters-of-florence-frank-spotnitz-drama-series-1201548294/

• Registered Users Posts: 55,470 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Proof cancelled by TNT after 1 season.

https://www.voiceoftv.com/post/proof-gets-cancelled-by-tnt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

http://deadline.com/2015/09/a-team-series-remake-chris-morgan-stephen-j-cannell-1201544600/

‘A-Team’ TV Series Remake In Works With Chris Morgan Producing

The A-Team is being reassembled. I’ve learned that 20th Century Fox TV has put together a new contemporary take on Stephen J. Cannell’s classic 1980s action series. Fast & Furious writer-producer Chris Morgan executive produces with Cannell’s daughter, TV director Tawnia McKiernan. Sleepy Hollow executive producer Albert Kim is writing the adaptation.

Like the original NBC show, the new A-Team revolves around a diverse team of American Special Forces operatives. Unlike the original all-male squad, the new team will include both male and female members. The group has been framed for a crime they didn’t commit and set out to clear their names by uncovering the black-ops conspiracy that set them up. Along the way, they are driven to help those in need by using their singular military skills, high-tech expertise and often conflicting individual approaches. It’s described as a fun episodic mission-of-the-week show that mixes big action-adventure sequences with compelling characters, inventive cons and lots of humo

• Registered Users Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squonk

ken wrote: »
    http://deadline.com/2015/09/a-team-series-remake-chris-morgan-stephen-j-cannell-1201544600/

‘A-Team’ TV Series Remake In Works With Chris Morgan Producing

The A-Team is being reassembled. I’ve learned that 20th Century Fox TV has put together a new contemporary take on Stephen J. Cannell’s classic 1980s action series. Fast & Furious writer-producer Chris Morgan executive produces with Cannell’s daughter, TV director Tawnia McKiernan. Sleepy Hollow executive producer Albert Kim is writing the adaptation.

Like the original NBC show, the new A-Team revolves around a diverse team of American Special Forces operatives. Unlike the original all-male squad, the new team will include both male and female members. The group has been framed for a crime they didn’t commit and set out to clear their names by uncovering the black-ops conspiracy that set them up. Along the way, they are driven to help those in need by using their singular military skills, high-tech expertise and often conflicting individual approaches. It’s described as a fun episodic mission-of-the-week show that mixes big action-adventure sequences with compelling characters, inventive cons and lots of humo

But Scorpion is the 21st century reincarnation of the A-Team. I'm not likeing the sound of this really. The original characters are iconic. There are some shows you should not mess with and this is one of them. Hopefully the remake suffers the same fate as the remake of that other 80's great, Knight Rider!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

squonk wrote: »
    But Scorpion is the 21st century reincarnation of the A-Team. I'm not likeing the sound of this really. The original characters are iconic. There are some shows you should not mess with and this is one of them. Hopefully the remake suffers the same fate as the remake of that other 80's great, Knight Rider!

Why would you hope it fails , do you not like good tv ?
    Surely you would hope it is even better than the original.

Knight Rider suffered from terrible casting and shilling the Car deal to Ford. I though would have loved for it to succeed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

Poor Richard’s Almanack

Weaving between modern day and a possible future where characters have changed radically, Poor Richard’s Almanack is a character thriller about a cadre of heroes who emerge as the new “Founding Fathers” after America is pushed to the brink of collapse. Perrineau will play Matt Monroe, the FBI Agent in charge after a terrorist attack on Philadelphia, while Jaeger takes on the role of Darwin Fischer, a former CIA field agent-turned-analyst. Monroe’s search for the attack’s inside-man puts him on a crash course with Darwin and his schizophrenic sister (Jordan Hayes) embroiling them in a conspiracy that will shake the country to its core.

http://deadline.com/2015/09/sam-jaeger-harold-perrineau-star-poor-richards-almanack-usa-pilot-1201548309/
    sounds like 12 monkeys, with a twist

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,319 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

I've very little interest in this pilot season, so far. Anything apart from Blindspot, Minority Report and The Player (no interest in them, tbh), is there anything I should check out?

• Registered Users Posts: 85,474 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Yay delighted love that show especially the Powells

• Registered Users Posts: 10,728 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

I've very little interest in this pilot season, so far. Anything apart from Blindspot, Minority Report and The Player (no interest in them, tbh), is there anything I should check out?

I was surprised by Blindspot I thought it was okay.
    Minority Report was a bit meh but worth a second look has something to build on if they do it right.
    The Player sounds intriguing but not so sure about Snipes been in it.
    I have not seen Limitless or Rosewood yet but they are on my list.
    The new Heroes started in the States either last night or tonight.
    Blood and Oil starts next week but know nothing about it
    Quantico is an FBI series also starting next week.

I look at a site called www.ch131.com which is kind of like a tv listing on shows on every day most from the us with US (EST) time but 1 or 2 british like Doctor who

Mistresses renewed for season 4 by ABC

• Advertisement

Robbers

‘Robbers’ Crime Drama Picked Up To Pilot By TNT
    TNT has given a pilot green light to Robbers. The network landed the drama in May in a competitive situation with Tim McGraw attached to star. He has since departed the project and won’t be in the pilot. Based on Christopher Cook’s 2000 debut novel, Robbers hails from Sony Pictures TV, Sarah Timberman and Carl Beverly’s Timberman/Beverly and Michael Dinner. Cook and Dinner are writing the adaptation, with Dinner set to direct.

Described as being in the literary-noir tradition of Cormac McCarthy’s No Country For Old Men, Robbers tells the story of a cop, two “running buddies” on a crime spree across Texas, and the girl who becomes the complication in a very unique love triangle. Everyone has a story. Everyone is a mystery. Dinner, Beverly and Timberman executive produce, Cook serves as co-executive producer.

The style of Cook’s Robbers is said to be be evocative of Elmore Leonard, a fitting comparison as the new project reunites key auspices behind the FX drama Justified, based on a Leonard short story — executive producer/director Dinner, exec producers Timberman and Beverly and studio SonyImage (4) michaeldinner1.jpg for post 703766TV. Robbers originated at Sony where Timberman/Beverly was based before moving to CBS TV Studios in 2010. With Justified winding down, wrapping its six-season run earlier this year, Timberman, Beverly and Dinner looked for another project they could do together. Robbers quickly got off the ground once McGraw got attached.

Under Reilly and new TNT programming chief Sarah Aubrey, the network had been seeking edgier material for its drama slate. Robbers joins a slew of other drama pilots in the works, including Animal Kingdom, Home, Good Behavior and Will.

http://deadline.com/2015/09/robbers-crime-drama-pilot-tnt-1201550716/

Jack Ryan

Jack Ryan TV Series From Carlton Cuse, Michael Bay’s Platinum Dunes & Paramount

http://deadline.com/2015/09/jack-ryan-tv-series-carlton-cuse-michael-bay-paramount-1201542529/

Jack Ryan’ TV Series From Carlton Cuse & Paramount TV Lands At Amazon
    In a competitive situation, Jack Ryan, Paramount Television’s hot TV series project based on Tom Clancy’s popular CIA hero, has landed at Amazon. I hear the streaming service has given a series commitment to the drama, from the former Lost duo of co-showrunner Carlton Cuse and writer Graham Roland, Michael Bay’s Platinum Dunes, Skydance Media, as well as Paramount TV. Everyone’s intention is to go straight-to-series on the project, which would be done based on completed scripts and a bible.

Amazon is considered a suitable home for Jack Ryan as the online retailer sells Clancy’s books as well as the Jack Ryan movies on DVD and is the streaming home for most or all of them, creating opportunities for a multi-platform push for the show. Paramount TV already is in business with Amazon, developing a series adaptation of the Paramount movie Galaxy Quest.
    Conceived by Cuse and Roland based on Clancy’s novels, I had heard that the show is not a direct adaptation of the books as were the first Jack Ryan movies but a new contemporary take on the character in his prime as a CIA analyst/operative using the novels as source material. Roland executive produces with Cuse and Lindsey Springer of Carlton Cuse Prods. as well as Platinum Dunes’ Bay, Brad Fuller and Andrew Form and the movie franchise’s producer Mace Neufeld.

http://deadline.com/2015/09/jack-ryan-tv-series-amazon-carlton-cuse-michael-bay-paramount-1201551108/

Sky1 is adding to their burgeoning original drama slate with Hooten & The Lady, an eight episode action-adventure drama series starring Michael Landes (CSI) and Ophelia Lovibond (Elementary) which hails from Death In Paradise creator Tony Jordan and his indie Red Planet Pictures.Hooten & The Lady is in a similar vein to Indiana Jones and Relic Hunter and tells the story of adventurer Hooten whot teams up with Lady Alexandra Lindo-Parker from the British Museum to track down fabled treasures from the past, including the lost Amazonian golden city of Z, the Buddha’s missing scroll and the lost tomb of Alexander the Great. Michael Landes will play male lead Hooten, while Ophelia Lovibond has been cast as Lady Alexandra.
    The drama series has been in development at Sky for the better part of two-years and was created by a writing team that includes Tony Jordan, James Payne, Sarah Phelps, Jeff Povey and Richard Zajdlic. Red Planet Pictures are producing with Tony Jordan, Simon Winstone and Cameron Roach serving as the executive producers. Tony Jordan also serves as the showrunner, while Colin Teague is the lead director. Filming is set to commence next month in Rome.
    “Hooten & The Lady is gloriously ambitious and perfectly poised to take its place amongst the impressive line up for an exciting year ahead of brand-new drama and comedy for Sky”, said Sky1 Director Adam MacDonald. “We are delighted to be working with Tony and his team to bring this wonderful new drama to Sky1. Hooten & The Lady will be a major highlight of next year’s summer schedule and a real treat to delight and entertain drama lovers and the whole family.”

http://www.tvwise.co.uk/2015/09/sky1-orders-relic-hunter-like-drama-series-hooten-the-lady-michael-landes-ophelia-lovibond-to-star/

Why would you hope it fails , do you not like good tv ?
    Surely you would hope it is even better than the original.

Knight Rider suffered from terrible casting and shilling the Car deal to Ford. I though would have loved for it to succeed.

If it's good I'll watch of course but I think you have to draw a line somewhere. The A Team was a show of it's time and is a classic. I think some shows should be left alone.

If it was movies we were talking about and they'd proposed remaking Back To The Futrue or The Godfather you could probably see what I mean. The A-Team got the movie treatment a few years abck and, while it was OK, it wasn't that great either and had none of the camraderie, warmth and innocence the original show had. I suspect this remake will end up the same way. I'll be delighted to eat my words if I'm wrong however.

Genes
    Two decades after an unproduced emergency room-set screenplay by Michael Crichton became the biggest show on television, NBC’s ER, another unproduced medical drama screenplay by the bestselling author and Harvard-educated MD is headed to television. CBS has given a put pilot commitment to Genes, from ER producer Warner Bros. TV.

Written by Rick Eid based on a screenplay by the late Crichton, Genes, from WBTV and CrichtonSun LLC, is described as a high-Image (1) eid__130307175808-275x353.png for post 447881concept medical soap about a brilliant doctor who saves his dying patient’s life using a miraculous gene therapy — infused with his own DNA — only to realize the side effects have turned her into a dangerous sociopath. Making things more complicated, the doctor begins to fall madly in love with her. Eid will executive produce with Crichton’s widow Sherri Crichton, and Laurent Bouzereau.

In 1994, Crichton became the only artist in history to have works simultaneously chart at No. 1 in U.S. television, film and book sales with ER, Jurassic Park andDisclosure, respectively. His movie Westworld is being remade by HBO as a TV series. CrichtonSun, repped by ICM Partners and Michael S. Sherman of Reed Smith, recently closed a deal with DreamWorks for the film rights to the Michael Crichton novel, Micro.

For Eid, who served as executive producer/showrunner on the CBS/WBTV series Hostages, the project falls under his overall deal at Warner Bros. TV. He is repped by WME.

http://deadline.com/2015/09/genes-medical-soap-michael-crichton-cbs-1201562054/

• Registered Users Posts: 55,470 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Zoo

‘Zoo’ Renewed: Season 2 to Debut Summer 2016 on CBS

Damage Control

Marvel Comics ‘Damage Control’ Adapted As Comedy TV Series By ABC
    Sometimes the most important super heroes are the ones behind the scene. Marvel Television is heading to the half-hour live-action comedy arena with Damage Control, a single-camera comedy project based on the Marvel Comics books, which has received a put pilot commitment from ABC.

Developed for TV by former Daily Show and Colbert Report executive producer Ben Karlin, Damage Control follows the overworked, underpaid, clean up crew of the Marvel Universe. Specializing in dealing with the aftermath of the unique fallout from superhero conflicts, they’re the ones who are in charge of returning lost ray guns to their rightful owners, help to reschedule a wedding venue after it has been vaporized in a superhero battle, or even track down a missing prize African parrot that’s been turned to stone or goo.

Introduced in 1988 and getting their first storyline the next year in Marvel Comics Presents, Damage Control has a recurring presence on the pages of Marvel Comics, and has been the subject of four limited series to date. Dwayne McDuffie and Ernie Colón created the concept. Notably, the outfit played a key role in the events of the 2006-2007 “Civil War” crossover,though they’re not featured in the upcoming Captain America: Civil War, loosely based on that arc.

http://deadline.com/2015/10/marvel-damage-control-tv-series-comedy-abc-1201566243/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Damage Control

Marvel Comics ‘Damage Control’ Adapted As Comedy TV Series By ABC

http://deadline.com/2015/10/marvel-damage-control-tv-series-comedy-abc-1201566243/

Sounds like Men in Black but set in the Marvel Universe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Oh great, they're bringing this eejit back, so a whole other generation of kids can sing that annoying I Love You song... :mad:

hqdefault.jpg
    Mattel Inc’s preschool entertainment arm HiT Entertainment and 9 Story Media Group are joining to relaunch Barney & Friends and Angelina Ballerina, two well-known TV staples for the youth set. The plan announced today at Mipcom is to develop new series for each property with a target 2017 launch.

http://renewcanceltv.com/barney-friends-and-angelina-ballerina-revived-for-2017/

• Registered Users Posts: 12,334 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

looks like I can break out my paedo costume again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭shinny

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

• Registered Users Posts: 10,728 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

So of all the new shows that have started since the Autumn what do people here think are likely to stay and be the first to be cancelled.

Now I have not watched many but so far I am impressed with what I have seen.

Blindspot is fun and I can at least see it going the season but I can see how it can be extended with
    Operation Daylight

Quantico i think will be a good one and will last.

Minority Report i have only seen an episode and while it was okay it does need to improve to last i think.

Limitless I am not suue about it seems a bit all over the place but I am willing to give it 10 episode (I know is a lot).

That is only new series i have seen I have still to see Code Black, Heroes Reborn, Blood & Oil. Not sure what I am missing.

So what as made the grade for you what is borderline and what do you dislike. Hope this is the right thread

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,270 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Minority report has already been cut from 13 to 10 episodes and is generally recognized as the show most likely to be the first to be cancelled.

shinny wrote: »

Absolutely well deserved! The show is cracking! Punching way above it's weight and I'm delighted it's coming back!

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Not surprised. I'm struggling finishing off this season. I thought it stared well but lost my interest over time. I've a few episodes left to watch so will plug holes in my schedule with them.

• Advertisement

Nody wrote: »
    Minority report has already been cut from 13 to 10 episodes and is generally recognized as the show most likely to be the first to be cancelled.

I'll stop now so! I just havent' gotten into it at all really. It should be better but it's just not very compelling viewing.

Advertisement