Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

List of Renewed - Cancelled - Still under debate - Shows Announced (So Far...)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,452 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Yeah it was, actually. Pretty decent conclusion, but was left wide open for a third season. Definitely a self-contained chapter, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭johnire

I watched it but wouldn't recommend it.
    It was really confusing and really did loose it's way.
    If there had been another season I wouldn't have watched it.
    jester77 wrote: »
    I haven't watched season 2 yet, is it worth watching now?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,389 ✭✭✭jonski

Mr E wrote: »
    Yeah it was, actually. Pretty decent conclusion, but was left wide open for a third season. Definitely a self-contained chapter, though.

Was wondering the same thing myself, thanks for that .

I really must finish series one, started it March of last year and think I got as far as episode 8. Felt wrong to be watching the show during the spring/summer months so decided to hold off till winter and as it happens ended up forgetting about it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Thrill wrote: »

Did somebody say my name? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

I wonder will it be "based on a true story" this time out. And Levar, for a lad wot got whupped a lot, you did damned well to wind up fixing plasma manafolds.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,294 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Green Eggs and Ham

Ellen DeGeneres bringing Dr. Seuss Green Eggs and Ham TV series to Netflix in 2018
    Premiering in 2018, the 13-episode animated series follows standoffish inventor Guy and Sam-I-Am as they embark on a cross-country trip that tests the limits of their friendship.
    “Green Eggs and Ham” is being adapted for television by Jared Stern (“The Lego Movie Sequel”), who will also serve as an executive producer with Jeff Kleeman, Mike Karz and David Dobkin.
    The Netflix project marks the first Dr. Seuss adaptation since the 2012 movie “The Lorax.” Four TV shows have been made from Theodor Seuss Geisel’s work, one of which — “The Cat in the Hat Knows a Lot About That!” — still airs on PBS Kids.

http://nypost.com/2015/04/30/netflix-making-green-eggs-and-ham-tv-series-with-ellen-degeneres/

• Registered Users Posts: 85,058 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

NBC ordering to series Chicago Fire spinoff Chicago Med, Blindspot and Heartbreaker - Source TV Line

Red Dwarf

Red Dwarf to return for two new series on Dave in 2016 and 2017
    Red Dwarf is set to soar back onto our screens with two new series.

Red Dwarf XI will air on Dave in 2016, with Lister and crew back again for Red Dwarf XII in 2017.

Craig Charles (Lister), Chris Barrie (Rimmer), Danny John-Jules (Cat) and Kryten (Robert Llewellyn) will all be back for the new episodes, written and directed by series co-creator Doug Naylor.

Naylor said: "[Dave's general manager] Steve North and everyone at UKTV have been so supportive of Red Dwarf from the start of their involvement with the show.

"Steve originally asked for more shows back in 2012 but frustratingly it's taken until now to get our ducks in a row and all the boys available at the same time. Now they are, we're all absolutely delighted."

Red Dwarf originally aired eight series on BBC Two between 1988 and 1999, before Dave revived the sci-fi sitcom for mini-series Back to Earth in 2009.

A full six-part run, Red Dwarf X, followed in 2012. The show's 11th and 12th series will start shooting this autumn.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/news/a645131/red-dwarf-to-return-for-two-new-series-on-dave-in-2016-and-2017.html#~pbDliB1UoB5Twp

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

jester77 wrote: »
    I haven't watched season 2 yet, is it worth watching now?

Same as season 1 for me, started great, then dragged out and got unnecessarily confusing with a hurried flawed ending.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,967 ✭✭✭cena

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    NBC ordering to series Chicago Fire spinoff Chicago Med, Blindspot and Heartbreaker - Source TV Line

Isn't Chicago pd a spin-off of the series already

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

cena wrote: »
    Isn't Chicago pd a spin-off of the series already
    Yep. And it also means "Chicago Med", "Chicago Fire" and "Chicago PD" take place in the same megaverse that also includes: "Law & Order" , "Law & Order: Special Victims Unit, "Law & Order: Criminal Intent", "Law & Order: LA", "Law & Order: Trial By Jury", "Homicide: Life on the Street", "New York Undercover", "Deadline", "Conviction", and "In Plain Sight". That's a lot of episodes to see the full world...

Were NBC trying to bring back/reboot the original Law and Order series too?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

ixoy wrote:
    Yep. And it also means "Chicago Med", "Chicago Fire" and "Chicago PD" take place in the same megaverse that also includes: "Law & Order" , "Law & Order: Special Victims Unit, "Law & Order: Criminal Intent", "Law & Order: LA", "Law & Order: Trial By Jury", "Homicide: Life on the Street", "New York Undercover", "Deadline", "Conviction", and "In Plain Sight". That's a lot of episodes to see the full world...

Isn't there a detective that appears in one or more of the Law & Orders as well pretty much every other American show ever made, including St Elsewhere which has led to the theory that every show ever takes place within the mind of the child at the end.

FunLover18 wrote: »
    Isn't there a detective that appears in one or more of the Law & Orders as well pretty much every other American show ever made, including St Elsewhere which has led to the theory that every show ever takes place within the mind of the child at the end.

John Munch.
    Munch has become the only fictional character, played by a single actor, to appear on 10 different television shows. These shows were on five different networks: NBC (Homicide: Life on the Street, Law & Order, Law & Order: Special Victims Unit, Law & Order: Trial by Jury, and 30 Rock); Fox (The X-Files and Arrested Development); UPN (The Beat); HBO (The Wire) and ABC (Jimmy Kimmel Live!). Munch has been one of the few television characters to cross genres, appearing not only in crime drama series, but sitcom (Arrested Development), late night comedy (Jimmy Kimmel Live!) and horror and science fiction (The X-Files).[43] He has played a role in international television series, beginning with UK crime drama Luther where he is mentioned as an American contact for the series' Serious Crime Unit (SCU). Notably Luther stars Idris Elba, the actor who played Stringer Bell in the HBO drama The Wire where Munch previously cameoed.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Munch

The Simpsons renewed by Fox for seasons 27 and 28

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

John Munch also appears doing a bad stand-up routine just before the nightclub massacre in Scarface. Not credited as Munch but I like to think it's him.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,452 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    The Simpsons renewed by Fox for seasons 27 and 28

hqdefault.jpg

iZombie renewed for Season 2... http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2015/05/06/izombie-renewed-by-the-cw-for-second-season/400376/

I'm delighted. It's one of my favourite new shows of the season.

• Advertisement

The Mindy Project cancelled by Fox, but could be picked up by Hulu... http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2015/05/06/the-mindy-project-cancelled-by-fox/399935/

The Mindy Project cancelled by Fox, but could be picked up by Hulu... http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2015/05/06/the-mindy-project-cancelled-by-fox/399935/

I hope Hulu picks it up

BBC has cancelled Banished

David Hasselhoff to star in new UK comedy Hoff The Record, due to air on Dave later this year... http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/news/a646200/david-hasselhoff-is-hoff-the-record-in-new-trailer-for-dave-series.html#~pc2DsHfq8ydiIh

Sounds promising...

The CW has cancelled Hart of Dixie.

There's gonna be lots of news on US shows over the next week or so as the main networks announce their programming for the 2015-2016 season...

Hart Of Dixie and The Messengers officially cancelled by The CW (no surprises)... http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2015/05/07/hart-of-dixie-canceled-by-the-cw-after-4-seasons/400427/

NBC greenlight new sitcoms People Are Talking (starring Mark Paul Gosselaar aka. Zack Morris), Crowded, and Superstore... http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2015/05/07/people-are-talking-ordered-to-series-by-nbc/400823/

The CW greenlights Arrow/Flash spin-off DC's Legends of Tomorrow, as well as new dramas Crazy Ex-Girlfriend and Cordon... http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2015/05/07/dcs-legends-of-tomorrow-crazy-ex-girlfriend-cordon-ordered-to-series-by-the-cw/400854/

The CW has cancelled Hart of Dixie.

Still bummed about this but knew it was coming

Orphan Black has been renewed for a season 4 by BBC America

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭mafaa

ABC Renewals & Cancels For 2015-16
    ABC has cancelled Forever, Cristela, Resurrection, Revenge and The Taste

ABC’s drama renewals:

“Castle” (Season 8)
    “Grey’s Anatomy” (Season 12)
    “How To Get Away With Murder” (Season 2)
    “Marvel’s Agents of SHIELD” (Season 3)
    “Nashville” (Season 4)
    “Once Upon a Time” (Season 5)
    “Scandal” (Season 5)
    “American Crime” (Season 2)
    “Secrets and Lies” (Season 2)
    “Marvel’s Agent Carter” (Season 2)

ABC’s comedy renewals:

“Black-ish” (Season 2)
    “Fresh Off the Boat” (Season 2)
    “The Goldbergs” (Season 3)
    “The Middle” (Season 7)
    “Modern Family” (Season 7)
    “Galavant” (Season 2)

ABC’s reality renewals:

“Dancing With the Stars” (Season 21)
    “The Bachelor” (Season 20)
    “America’s Funniest Home Videos” (Season 26)
    “Shark Tank” (Season 7)
    "Beyond the Tank” (Season 2)
    “20/20” (Season 38)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

How was agent Carter renewed its rating were really poor?

Advertisement