Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is Silvio Berlusconi "the man" or a just a perv?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭LimeTime

Huge perv.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭partyndbs

lejend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭partyndbs

Dudess wrote: »
    Yeah the girls are physically women, and there's nothing wrong or unnatural with a man of 70-odd fancying them (and it doesn't make him a paedo - no matter how much a person thinks that's the case; a paedo fancies young children who have another few years before they start developing into adults - e.g. a paedo would fancy a small girl well before she has started to develop breasts).
    None of the above negate the fact though that this thing he has going on is sleazy as hell. Sure, the girls are complicit, but that doesn't justify a head of state engaging in such behaviour.
    If people read the story properly too they'd see that certain girls were brought to such an event, thought it was horrible, felt harassed, and stated they didn't like it... to be met with a "Forget about a career in TV so" response. Nothing good about any of that whatsoever...

u go way 2 much into things lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭population

hatz7 wrote: »
    Charles J Haughey, fair play to ya, ya did some service to the state ;)

Silvio B, is a successful businessman and politician. The man is a great statesman, one of the best political leaders in Europe. Jealousy I believe is at the root of why so many dislike him.

Man, likes company of beautiful women, hardly crime of the century.
    Why do ye dislike him so much, he is no worse than any other leader in Europe.

Oh ya, scores highly on the swag factor for having his gardner and longtime card playing pal being a top Cosa Nostra hitman.

I am assuming this is written in jest so I will not hammer your post, but for genuine posts along these lines, the following......

This Ruby situation is highlighting an awful lot of things that Italians have been wresting uncomfortably with for quite some time. Namely that a man they repeatedly elect is an amoral self absorbed despicable criminal of the highest order. Stories like this do not even come to light without the say so of Silvio's publishing houses and to read them you would think you were reading about seaside postcard saucy stories which usually have an undercurrent of admiration for the man's so called sexual prowess. How many times he did it a night, how satisfied the girls were, how they could not believe how he made love better than men a quarter of his age etc. He chooses the narrative and his magazines, papers and tv stations run with it.

Though words such as scandal are used, it actually ceases to be a scandal and turns into "wow that Silvio eh?". Every time there is a big issue here, and right now the issue is the forcing through of a bill to allow for construction of nuclear powerplants banned in Italy by law since Chernobyl, then hey presto out come the "Crazy sexy Silvio" stories.

It truly is disgusting and ordinary Italians are always the ones to suffer.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭hatz7

Ah now, no need to resort to being exceptionally disingenuous - you know perfectly there's a lot more to it than liking the company of beautiful women.
    Yes he is. The reasons have already been given. He's a corrupt sleaze-bag - and that just starts to cover it.
    Woo... you da maaaaan.

All the richest guys in the world committed crimes to get there.All of them.Any name you give, dirt can be gotten on them, Silvio is no different, or worse.
    The rockerfellas et al weren't called the 'robber barons' for nothing you know! Roman Ambroivich, he robbed his first train load of oil, Bill Gates screwed over his partner, Yer man from Facepage did the same, Multi-Billion dollar business men are all crooks, Why ye go so hard on Silvio?

Not one poster here has mentioned that he is an exceptionally skilled political leader, the guy is a throw back to the ye old Europe, high politics. He is a real diplomat for his country, he knows how to engage in IR like no other European politician does.

Silvio gets a harsher treatment than most because he has a successful political career too. BUT the cries of 'He's a corrupt sleaze-bag', well, one would expect him to be, altar boys as leaders of the country? hell no,
    Silvio, is a great politician, and ye gotta give him a bit of credit for that at least.

Unfortunately Dudess, I'm not the man, Silvio the man ;)
    I will admit, I was being slightly disingenuous with the girl thing, sorry!
    pm me, we'll talk

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

All the richest guys in the world committed crimes to get there.All of them.Any name you give, dirt can be gotten on them, Silvio is no different, or worse.
    The rockerfellas et al weren't called the 'robber barons' for nothing you know! Roman Ambroivich, he robbed his first train load of oil, Bill Gates screwed over his partner, Yer man from Facepage did the same, Multi-Billion dollar business men are all crooks, Why ye go so hard on Silvio?

Not one poster here has mentioned that he is an exceptionally skilled political leader, the guy is a throw back to the ye old Europe, high politics. He is a real diplomat for his country, he knows how to engage in IR like no other European politician does.

Silvio gets a harsher treatment than most because he has a successful political career too. BUT the cries of 'He's a corrupt sleaze-bag', well, one would expect him to be, altar boys as leaders of the country? hell no,
    Silvio, is a great politician, and ye gotta give him a bit of credit for that at least.

Unfortunately Dudess, I'm not the man, Silvio the man ;)
    pm me, we'll talk

Why so hard on silvio? Because this thread is about him! And "all rich people are crooks so it's ok" is about as valid a point as saying "all priests are paedos, so it's ok".

1. You will get no argument from me about the Rockerfellers et al. I am being hard on Silvio because we are discussing Silvio

2. He makes Italy look like a complete laughing stock on the world stage, how this qualifies as a "real diplomat" is beyond me

3. Explain to me what "a great politician" is. Once I know your definition then I can deal with this particular gem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

partyndbs wrote: »
    lejend
    Guys who call him a legend - maybe the above will change your mind? I mean, look at the company you're keeping...
    partyndbs wrote: »
    u go way 2 much into things lol
    Your intellectual prowess knows no limits...
    well, one would expect him to be, altar boys as leaders of the country?
    Well it's not as if it's a case of there being guys like Berlusconi and guys like altar boys and no in between, but funnily enough, I'd put money on it Berlusconi was once an altar boy. :)

"He's a legend!" because he got to suck the titties of teen girls who shoved them in his face anyway and only did so because they'll get paid for it, just seems like posturing - sorry!
    Any Italian who isn't part of his love-in will tell you he has ****ed their country over...

He does some funny **** though, to be fair.

population wrote: »
    1. You will get no argument from me about the Rockerfellers et al. I am being hard on Silvio because we are discussing Silvio

2. He makes Italy look like a complete laughing stock on the world stage, how this qualifies as a "real diplomat" is beyond me

3. Explain to me what "a great politician" is. Once I know your definition then I can deal with this particular gem.

No he doesn't make Italy look a laughing stock on the world stage. Most people don't care about world politics. You may think he does, but really, when most outsiders think of Italy, they think of
    Rome + gladiators,
    The leaning tower of Pizza
    Venice, with the nice canals
    Tuscany, and football clubs like A.C. Milan.

You ask me to explain what a great politician is.
    Greatness like beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
    But I'm in a good mood so I'll throw a dog a bone.
    Consider Silvio the Greats dealings with Libya over the years,a fantastic advertisement for the old skool European diplomats if ever there was one.

"He's a legend!" because he got to suck the titties of teen girls who shoved them in his face anyway and only did so because they'll get paid for it, just seems like posturing - sorry!
    Any Italian who isn't part of his love-in will tell you he has ****ed their country over...

Oh your great aren't you?
    Charles J got a state funeral
    and it seems every Irish man and woman would say the same thing about Bertie Ahern having '****ed their country over', yet he was elected a record equaling 3 times.

Your just spewing tabloid headlines,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

He's a perv.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Acacia

Older, rich, powerful man in sex with hot young women shocker!:eek:

Seriously though, I s'pose it is a bit sleazy but this kinda thing's been going on for thousands of years really when ya think about it... it's not really that sensational.

But him referring to the girls as "my children" is a bit weird but it could just be a poor translation.

No he doesn't make Italy look a laughing stock on the world stage. Most people don't care about world politics. You may think he does, but really, when most outsiders think of Italy, they think of
    Rome + gladiators,
    The leaning tower of Pizza
    Venice, with the nice canals
    Tuscany, and football clubs like A.C. Milan.

You ask me to explain what a great politician is.
    Greatness like beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
    But I'm in a good mood so I'll throw a dog a bone.
    Consider Silvio the Greats dealings with Libya over the years,a fantastic advertisement for the old skool European diplomats if ever there was one.

First off it is called Pisa. Secondly I am now convinced you are on a wind up so I shall bid you goodnight from "Legend Silvio's" Italy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Unregistered.

POLL?

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

POLL?

Italian, I think.

Just looked up the wiki page.

Couldn't see an age for the girl mentioned, but then saw the age of consent in Italy is 14 :O

Just looked up the wiki page.

Couldn't see an age for the girl mentioned, but then saw the age of consent in Italy is 14 :O

Silvio probably lowered it just before the story broke

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

He's just an old f*cker with too much money and time on his hands (even though he's supposed to be governing Italy right about now).

What the f*ck is "bunga bunga"?? Sounds like a board game. Maybe it's all perfectly innocent and everyone's getting their backs up about nothing!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,027 ✭✭✭Ficheall

liah wrote: »
    Ficheall wrote: »
    How is he being creepy and embarrassing and undignified?
    A 74-year-old man calling 18 year old girls "my children, my dolls" is classy now?

Not particularly classy, no - but that doesn't mean it's creepy or embarrassing or undignified.
    But I've called 18 year old girls "kids" and "children". I've been addressed as "my poppet" and "my dear" by nice little old ladies. Hordes of football supporters seem perfectly entitled to shout "GO ON, MY SON!" at some player they've never met. Et cetera, et cetera...
    Surely you could have come up with something a little better than taking issue with terms of "endearment" Berlusconi used.

I do find Silvio's behaviour embarrassing though. I'm embarrassed that he, in his seventies, can pull an 18 year old girl, by whatever means, with substantially less difficulty than I, in my twenties, can.

Not particularly classy, no - but that doesn't mean it's creepy or embarrassing or undignified.
    But I've called 18 year old girls "kids" and "children". I've been addressed as "my poppet" and "my dear" by nice little old ladies. Hordes of football supporters seem perfectly entitled to shout "GO ON, MY SON!" at some player they've never met. Et cetera, et cetera...
    Surely you could have come up with something a little better than taking issue with terms of "endearment" Berlusconi used.

I do find Silvio's behaviour embarrassing though. I'm embarrassed that he, in his seventies, can pull an 18 year old girl, by whatever means, with substantially less difficulty than I, in my twenties, can.

If you google the right words and have the cash you could be with an 18year old girl within the hour. He doesn't "pull birds".

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

"the man"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭Poor Craythur

I'm embarrassed that he, in his seventies, can pull an 18 year old girl, by whatever means, with substantially less difficulty than I, in my twenties, can.
    Paparazzo wrote: »
    If you google the right words and have the cash you could be with an 18year old girl within the hour. He doesn't "pull birds".

Exactly. All you need is money. That's how he did it!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,932 ✭✭✭hinault

He's just an old f*cker with too much money and time on his hands (even though he's supposed to be governing Italy right about now).

What the f*ck is "bunga bunga"?? Sounds like a board game. Maybe it's all perfectly innocent and everyone's getting their backs up about nothing!!

:D:D:D:D
    Bunga bunga:D:D

But on a serious note, Silvio is a deeply corrupt venal individual.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭carlop

The fact that his political party song, as mentioned in the OP, translates as 'Thank God that Silvio is here' sums up what an egotistical, corrupt prick he is.

His sex scandals are really a flash in the pan compared to what he has done over the years and it makes me me ashamed to be half-Italian that the people are so retarded as to repeatedly re-elect him.

It actually boggles the mind how he still gets away with enacting legislation that is so blatantly only in place to protect him and his fellow mates in P2.

If I had no connection to Italy I could certainly see the funny side to him and he comes out with some cracking one-liners, but knowing even half the story about him makes it impossible to laugh.

Anyone who genuinely likes the man should have to sit down and watch one of his channels non-stop for 24 hours, they make Jeremy Kyle look like Stephen Fry.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,932 ✭✭✭hinault

carlop wrote: »
    The fact that his political party song, as mentioned in the OP, translates as 'Thank God that Silvio is here' sums up what an egotistical, corrupt prick he is.

His sex scandals are really a flash in the pan compared to what he has done over the years and it makes me me ashamed to be half-Italian that the people are so retarded as to repeatedly re-elect him.

It actually boggles the mind how he still gets away with enacting legislation that is so blatantly only in place to protect him and his fellow mates in P2.

If I had no connection to Italy I could certainly see the funny side to him and he comes out with some cracking one-liners, but knowing even half the story about him makes it impossible to laugh.

Anyone who genuinely likes the man should have to sit down and watch one of his channels non-stop for 24 hours, they make Jeremy Kyle look like Stephen Fry.

Yep, even in a country as corrupt as Italy is, Silvio's the bottom of the barrel.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Burlesconi is a filthy old rich corrupt pervert, nothing more nothing less.

As for the image of Enda sucking boobies...I hope your testicles are plucked from you by angry rodents, OP. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

Leave him alone,the man is a legend!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

No third option OP? Sex with an underage girl should put him on a sex offenders register as a pedophile.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭ciarriaithuaidh

Has anyone mentioned Silvio's Minister for "Equal rights" yet? I make no apologies for bringing this minister into the argument.....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mara_Carfagna

http://www.amorblog.it/files/2011/03/carfagnascollatura.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭k4kate

Did he actually pull them though. If he was a pensioner down at the local bingo hall he wouldn't pull someone double their age, maybe not three times it.

Advertisement