Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is Silvio Berlusconi "the man" or a just a perv?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

Ficheall wrote: »
    If he had no money and still got the ladies I, for one, would be even more impressed.
    Well I suppose we're all individuals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

wes wrote: »
    Well, if its true, that he paid for sex with an underage girl, then I think the answer, is that he is not the man.

She wasn't underage. She was old enough to have sex. She just wasn't old enough to make be a party to a contract for sex. He should have paid her legal guardian.
    I don't know. I personally think there is something extremely sad about and auld fella like silvio riding young girls. It's pervy - bordering on paedo if you ask me.
    I mean, i'm 36 and i wouldn't sleep with an 18 year old cos i'd find it sleazy (and i probably couldn't pull one anyway:mad:).
    He's older than god - he shouldn't be banging 50 year olds for fúck sake!

Well done on demonstrating a complete lack of understanding od what a paedo is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Yeah, even if it's an opinion that it's borderline paedo - it isn't.
    Supercell wrote: »
    In the words of the great man
    He ain't a great man if he says stuff as stupid as that!
    k4kate wrote: »
    A perv. Teenage girls with an auld lad is sick. Imagine teenage boys with an auld wan, nobody would call her "the woman".
    If she were hot though, the teenage boys would be considered the men.
    He's as corrupt as they come. It's a bit rich for Irish people to see him as a legend given the view that most here have about our own lot
    Meh, people who say on the internet that he's a legend are either taking the piss or trying to come across as all macho. Scoring loads of women is one thing, being creepy and embarrassing and undignified about it is another. I doubt any self-aware guy really wants to be like that...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,027 ✭✭✭Ficheall

Dudess wrote: »
    Scoring loads of women is one thing, being creepy and embarrassing and undignified about it is another. I doubt any self-aware guy really wants to be like that...

How is he being creepy and embarrassing and undignified? I'd say that he's less so than your average young steamed bloke out on the pull for a night.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,678 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

It maybe more accurate to say Berlusconi is guilty of Ephebophilia, rather than being a border line paedophile.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭liah

Ficheall wrote: »
    How is he being creepy and embarrassing and undignified? I'd say that he's less so than your average young steamed bloke out on the pull for a night.

A 74-year-old man calling 18 year old girls "my children, my dolls" is classy now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

k4kate wrote: »
    Imagine teenage boys with an auld wan, nobody would call her "the woman".

No, they would call her a "cougar".

I agree though, if he was just some OAP (doesn't mean Old Aged Pete :cool:) then he'd be a durty ole man - money is a great sanitiser.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭TobyZiegler

How can anyone say they'd prefer him to Cowen, Bertie or Enda. We have our own corruption problems here but Berlusconi has had 50 trials against him and for all sorts of corruption and tax fraud. He refuses to show up at court and waits for the statute of limitations to run out. He even introduced a law trying to make him immune from prosecution (which has now been watered down to allwoing him not to attend at trials if he is busy doing cabinet duty). I dont particulary have a problem with his interest in young girls (as long as theyre not underage) but surely surely we wouldnt want him as Taoiseach.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

k_mac wrote: »
    She wasn't underage. She was old enough to have sex. She just wasn't old enough to make be a party to a contract for sex. He should have paid her legal guardian.
    Well done on demonstrating a complete lack of understanding od what a paedo is.

Adults don't have legal guardians. Kids do.
    I know what a paedo is and as far as im concerned he's close enough to be tarred with the same brush.
    It maybe more accurate to say Berlusconi is guilty of Ephebophilia, rather than being a border line paedophile.

I had to look up what that meant!
    He's still a pathetic dirty old man - whatever the technical term.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭spider guardian

one man's perv is another man's 'man' :D

• Advertisement

Adults don't have legal guardians. Kids do.
    I know what a paedo is and as far as im concerned he's close enough to be tarred with the same brush.

I had to look up what that meant!
    He's still a pathetic dirty old man - whatever the technical term.

You don't have to be an adult to consent to sex. By your logic anyone who has sex under the age of 18 is engaging in paedophilia. Are you Amish?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭henryporter

Anyone pick up this bit in the article:
    In a downstairs discotheque, Ms Battilana said, “[regional councillor] Nicole Minetti got up to do a lap dance routine. She was wearing one of those dresses that you can pull apart, bit by bit. She ended up completely naked, without her bra or panties. After she had stripped off, she moved over towards Berlusconi and dancing in a very provocative manner wiggled her ass in his face. Then turning around, she held her breasts towards his mouth and he kissed them . . .

The image of Lap-dancing County Councillors should now be firmly planted in your minds - however a google image search for Ms. Minetti might cure any damage done....

http://www.google.com/search?q=Nicole+Minetti&hl=en&prmd=ivnso&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=uN6mTZIbz5aFB6Xb1dkJ&ved=0CCwQsAQ&biw=1280&bih=574

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Anyone pick up this bit in the article:

The image of Lap-dancing County Councillors should now be firmly planted in your minds - however a google image search for Ms. Minetti might cure any damage done....

http://www.google.com/search?q=Nicole+Minetti&hl=en&prmd=ivnso&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=uN6mTZIbz5aFB6Xb1dkJ&ved=0CCwQsAQ&biw=1280&bih=574

Sound slike a good party. What I don't get is, if you are uncomfortable at a sex party why hang around? Did this Ms Battalina chick not get any attention at the party?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

He should have paid her legal guardian.

so reading between the lines guardian means pimp

more of Silvios magic with the ladies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭k4kate

OutlawPete wrote: »
    No, they would call her a "cougar".

QUOTE]

They might call her a cougar on tv programmes or glossy magazines.
    They have another name entirely for her in our local:)

You don't have to be an adult to consent to sex. By your logic anyone who has sex under the age of 18 is engaging in paedophilia. Are you Amish?

Im not amish. In fact I've even had sex with underage girls myself in the past, but i wasn't 70 odd at the time, i was still in school.
    Do you not see a distinction there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Auvers wrote: »

Is that real? Good christ.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

Who says money cant buy you love.

You have to admire his stones, in more ways than one.

• Advertisement

Im not amish. In fact I've even had sex with underage girls myself in the past, but i wasn't 70 odd at the time, i was still in school.
    Do you not see a distinction there?

Only thing I see there is close minded ageism.

EDIT: The girl wasn't under the age of consent btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

I'll have you know,you can be "the man" and a perv.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭lima

Just cos he's old doesn't make him less attracted to 17/18 year old women, so nothing wrong with that. Physically, they are women. He's not inviting them over to listen to the latest Chris Brown CD, he's only interested in their physical bodies.

The only thing wrong is the fact that he thinks he can just throw money and his power at any of them and they will come to his needs. He is power hungry.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

If they are at the age of consent I cant see the problem? Nothing illegal done is there?
    Yeah its pretty sick but those girls arent so ****ing innocent like people think they are. They have brains dont they? Why didnt they just say no? Are they trying to get money? publicity? I reckon so.
    Yeah he's an old perv but those young girls arent exactly saints themselves..

Only thing I see there is close minded ageism.

EDIT: The girl wasn't under the age of consent btw.

See what you want, i'm not here to convert you.

But...........should your teenage daughter ever bring home some decrepit coffin dodger like silvio, i doubt very much your anti ageism stance will hold up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

OutlawPete wrote: »
    Is that real? Good christ.

nah but its funny nonetheless

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭k4kate

Yakult wrote: »
    If they are at the age of consent I cant see the problem? Nothing illegal done is there?
    Yeah its pretty sick but those girls arent so ****ing innocent like people think they are. They have brains dont they? Why didnt they just say no? Are they trying to get money? publicity? I reckon so.
    Yeah he's an old perv but those young girls arent exactly saints themselves..

You used the word girls to describe them and that is the kernel of the matter for me. I can't think of a 17/18 year old as a woman, they are girls.

And he is a dirty old man

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

lima wrote: »
    Just cos he's old doesn't make him less attracted to 17/18 year old women, so nothing wrong with that. Physically, they are women. He's not inviting them over to listen to the latest Chris Brown CD, he's only interested in their physical bodies.

His womanising ways are only one aspect of the man. He's been known to have ties with Cosa Nostra and to bribe judges and police officers. As someone already mentioned, he even tried to have legislation brought in which would grant him legal immunity.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

He's a dirty old man. If he wasn't minted and running a country, he would have been strung up by his nads long ago.

• Advertisement

See what you want, i'm not here to convert you.

But...........should your teenage daughter ever bring home some decrepit coffin dodger like silvio, i doubt very much your anti ageism stance will hold up.

And should you find an 18 year old hottie thats mad for you when you are 70 im sure you will think twice about your stance.

Advertisement