Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is Silvio Berlusconi "the man" or a just a perv?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭lima

k4kate wrote: »
    You used the word girls to describe them and that is the kernel of the matter for me. I can't think of a 17/18 year old as a woman, they are girls.

And he is a dirty old man

Yeah but physically they are women, entering the peak of their game

Emotionally yeah they are possibly girls, (far from innocent girls though) so maybe he's so power hungry he needs the youngest 'women' possible to satisfy his ego and feel like god, father, and grandfather over the most vulnerable type of woman possible - a teen

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭Poor Craythur

biko wrote: »
    So Hefner - hero, Silvio - not hero?

Aren't Hefner's girlies overage? In fact, most seem to be early 20s when he picks them up.

Also, I'm sorry, but SB is the leader of a country, Hef is not. Have some dignity, Silvio, FFS.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,726 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Adults don't have legal guardians. Kids do.
    I know what a paedo is and as far as im concerned he's close enough to be tarred with the same brush.

I had to look up what that meant!
    He's still a pathetic dirty old man - whatever the technical term.

That could be moral ideology at play. Can you say absolutely that if you were 70 and single, and an attractive 18-year-old woman made advances to you, that's you'd turn her down? I'd by lying if I said I would

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭k4kate

lima wrote: »
    Yeah but physically they are women, entering the peak of their game

Emotionally yeah they are possibly girls, (far from innocent girls though) so maybe he's so power hungry he needs the youngest 'women' possible to satisfy his ego and feel like god, father, and grandfather over the most vulnerable type of woman possible - a teen

You think a woman is at her peak in her late teens.....
    You know nothing.

A woman is at her most sexy 25-35

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

doing what he is doing is his own buisness but doing it while he is in power shouldnt be allowed at all.
    he should have been fired long ago.and before you say it i dont condone under age sex if that is what he did.i mean so what if he wants to be with loads of women but not while hes running the country and i hate the fact that he wont resign or cannot see what he is doing is wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭lima

You know nothing.

I know a lot.

Maybe you mean a woman 'feels' at her most sexy at 25-35. That's irrelevant.

From an attraction point of view (from a well travelled male of the 28-32 age range who's had varying encounters of mostly high quality) a woman enters (not 'is at') her peak at around 18 and begins to leave it at about 26. Granted this observation for the most part is based on Irish and UK women, who tend to let life affect their looks after that age. It's completely different in Sweden for e.g. where I have observed the peak attraction to be between 16-38.

Anyway back to the point.. he's not a perv, he's just abusing his power. Therefore he's not really 'the man'.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

Nobody's "the man". Everyone's a perv.

You know nothing.

lima wrote: »
    I know a lot.

Maybe you mean a woman 'feels' at her most sexy at 25-35. That's irrelevant.

From an attraction point of view (from a well travelled male of the 28-32 age range who's had varying encounters of mostly high quality) a woman enters (not 'is at') her peak at around 18 and begins to leave it at about 26. Granted this observation for the most part is based on Irish and UK women, who tend to let life affect their looks after that age. It's completely different in Sweden for e.g. where I have observed the peak attraction to be between 16-38.

What's with all the arbitrary age constraints?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

k_mac wrote: »
    And should you find an 18 year old hottie thats mad for you when you are 70 im sure you will think twice about your stance.

Touché! :D
    That could be moral ideology at play. Can you say absolutely that if you were 70 and single, and an attractive 18-year-old woman made advances to you, that's you'd turn her down? I'd by lying if I said I would

I hope so.
    I'd turn her down now - but then i could always get someone more my own age without too much hassle. Gamey 70 year olds must be that bit harder to come by i suppose!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Unregistered.

Can we have a poll?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Fact is the world is full of septuagenarian males who would love the opportunity to get with some of the showgirls Berlusconi does, but they haven't got a hope.
    As long as the girls are over 18 and its consensual, Id have no problem with it on that basis. The women want expensive presents from "daddykins" and the possibility of a seat at cabinet and old Silvio wants a good time every now and then... everyone's a winner! :D
    Its obviously not appropriate behavior for a Prime Minister though.

Agricola wrote: »
    Its obviously not appropriate behavior for a Prime Minister though.

This is my main problem with it. It's just so undignified.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

He's a perv but deep down we're all pervs at heart :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Apparently all the Fiat workers in Italy are really upset with what he said about cars the other day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Yeah the girls are physically women, and there's nothing wrong or unnatural with a man of 70-odd fancying them (and it doesn't make him a paedo - no matter how much a person thinks that's the case; a paedo fancies young children who have another few years before they start developing into adults - e.g. a paedo would fancy a small girl well before she has started to develop breasts).
    None of the above negate the fact though that this thing he has going on is sleazy as hell. Sure, the girls are complicit, but that doesn't justify a head of state engaging in such behaviour.
    If people read the story properly too they'd see that certain girls were brought to such an event, thought it was horrible, felt harassed, and stated they didn't like it... to be met with a "Forget about a career in TV so" response. Nothing good about any of that whatsoever...

He's the man, definitely. Without him hundreds of jobs would be lost in Pfizer.
    Apparently the man who cut the ribbon at the Cork plant was Mr Dick Spring. It's probably a joke, but I pray it's true... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭gargleblaster

Duggy747 wrote: »
    Sounds like a lot of girls I've come across in clubs, flash their flesh at ya and act the tart but as soon as you lay a finger on them you've creeped them out for being a perv. :pac:

Perhaps those girls in the clubs were hoping a man with power and money would be around to take advantage of their bawdiness. Or at least hot guys.

Many women are far less likely to be creeped out when the guy doing the perving is hot or rich.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Blobby George

I have a lot of time for the man. He built an empire after all. What man wouldn't enjoy the fruits of this labour. The fact that these fruits are some of the hottest young broads in Italy makes it all the sweeter.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭hatz7

Silvio is the man,
    mega successful business man,
    political heavy weight,
    and he owns one of the most glamorous football teams on the planet.

Silvio Berlusconi, I tip my hat to you good sir ;)

Even though anyone can spot it's really unsavoury and that the girls are doing it to further their careers/get loads of money and gifts, one must always ensure to wax lyrical about how "legendary" it is in order to solidify one's "bloke" credentials on the net... :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭population

Speaking as somebody who lives in Silvio's Italy, I can say without hesitation he is the worst thing to ever happen to this country. Anyone who tips their hat to him for "building up an empire" really needs to question how he managed such a feat in the first place. His gardner and longtime card playing pal was a top Cosa Nostra hitman for fcuk sake. Oh and I don't care who he fcuks if it is legal. But it wasn't, so jail please

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

And should you find an 18 year old hottie thats mad for you when you are 70 im sure you will think twice about your stance.
    I'm about half silvios age and I definitely wouldn't.
    population wrote: »
    Speaking as somebody who lives in Silvio's Italy, I can say without hesitation he is the worst thing to ever happen to this country. Anyone who tips their hat to him for "building up an empire" really needs to question how he managed such a feat in the first place. His gardner and longtime card playing pal was a top Cosa Nostra hitman for fcuk sake. Oh and I don't care who he fcuks if it is legal. But it wasn't, so jail please

Would anyone here think he's a legend or "tip their hat" if the Irish prime minister that did one tenth the shìt silvio did? not a chance! It's like saying "fair play" to Charles haughey for making money.

Paparazzo wrote: »
    It's like saying "fair play" to Charles haughey for making money.

Depressingly, a lot of people do, or at least did say that. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

I'm about half silvios age and I definitely wouldn't.

Then you are denying your basic instinct.

Then you are denying your basic instinct.

Having sex with what I consider kids isn't my basic instinct

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

Having sex with what I consider kids isn't my basic instinct

Kids? Really?

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭hatz7

I'm about half silvios age and I definitely wouldn't.Would anyone here think he's a legend or "tip their hat" if the Irish prime minister that did one tenth the shìt silvio did? not a chance! It's like saying "fair play" to Charles haughey for making money.

Charles J Haughey, fair play to ya, ya did some service to the state ;)

Silvio B, is a successful businessman and politician. The man is a great statesman, one of the best political leaders in Europe. Jealousy I believe is at the root of why so many dislike him.

Man, likes company of beautiful women, hardly crime of the century.
    Why do ye dislike him so much, he is no worse than any other leader in Europe.

Oh ya, scores highly on the swag factor for having his gardner and longtime card playing pal being a top Cosa Nostra hitman.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

He's a ****in' tosser

hatz7 wrote: »
    Charles J Haughey, fair play to ya, ya did some service to the state ;)

Silvio B, is a successful businessman and politician. The man is a great statesman, one of the best political leaders in Europe. Jealousy I believe is at the root of why so many dislike him.

Oh ya, scores highly on the swag factor for having his gardner and longtime card playing pal being a top Cosa Nostra hitman.
    Have a look at his wiki page. 3 quarters of it is a massive section under "Controversies". Him shagging under age prostitutes is actually far from the worst thing he's done.

• Advertisement

hatz7 wrote: »
    Ah now, no need to resort to being exceptionally disingenuous - you know perfectly there's a lot more to it than liking the company of beautiful women.
    Yes he is. The reasons have already been given. He's a corrupt sleaze-bag - and that just starts to cover it.
    Woo... you da maaaaan.

Advertisement