Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dumb/Great Facebook Status {merge} [No Names]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

"How long is my lunch hour?"
    They usually last about 60 minutes :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

A comment from a 50-something year old woman on the weekly rant that is Dundalk cycle lanes:

"I drive up dat rd 3 times a day every day n hav NEV seen 1 person cycling, n den dey say ders no muny ?????????? Wat a muppets"

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

I can (kind of) understand a youngster writing her words like that, but a 50-something woman doing it is only ridiculous.
    And sad. . .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

There's a girl I'm friends with whose dog had a good few pups a couple of weeks ago.

Almost every day she's putting up pictures of each one in her hand saying how big he or she has gotten etc. They all look the fecking same to me so it looks like I'm seeing the same picture 7 or 8 times each day. She has a child and didn't make as big a deal about him!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

Can you hide people on Instagram? I've a mate on there who posts the most boring pictures constantly. I have him hidden from my News Feed on Facebook - I need to do something similar for Instagram but without him knowing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,918 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

xD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭ivytwine

There's a girl I'm friends with whose dog had a good few pups a couple of weeks ago.

Almost every day she's putting up pictures of each one in her hand saying how big he or she has gotten etc. They all look the fecking same to me so it looks like I'm seeing the same picture 7 or 8 times each day. She has a child and didn't make as big a deal about him!

I'd forgive that because puppies!

Pictures of other people's pets are pretty much the reason I use the internet...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

"Being complimented on my David Jones print playsuit by the 50 odd year old barista, who also admitted that he'd love to steal it for himself, then being called a "dish" when he saw the cut out back, how cute! All while making a perfect coffee" — feeling flattered

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

"Being complimented on my David Jones print playsuit by the 50 odd year old barista, who also admitted that he'd love to steal it for himself, then being called a "dish" when he saw the cut out back, how cute! All while making a perfect coffee" — feeling flattered

I recognise all of those words, but I have no idea what that means.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,512 ✭✭✭Muise...

lots of sharing this today:

which is gruesomely cringy - I think we had more grace and eroticism down the handball alley as kids.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

I recognise all of those words, but I have no idea what that means.

Some D4 head thought she was being given a compliment on the overpriced piece of tat she was wearing by an aging queen working in a coffee shop who said he said he'd like to use it to wash his pots out but his dish cloth had more material on it and that her shoulder blades looked like plates when she turned around.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Split

This girls baby wakes 4-6 times a night as per her previous 45 updates- she may as well just drink while the baby is awake -

Can't till bed time for my baby's n bring on madness captin Morgan I'll see u soon pal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭BNMC

Bellend - bludy hel its frezin - 0 likes 0 comments

Bellend - wish my wrk brake was longer - 0 likes 0 comments

Bellend - u tink you no sum1... - 0 likes 0comments

Bellend - soo lonly :( - 0 lies 0 comments

Bellend - bastards - 0 likes 0 comments

All posted today. Her little brother has set her status view to "only me". She has just realised this and changed it back. And now all this appears on my timeline. :D

People really do let themselves down on Facebook.

Muise... wrote: »
    I think we had more grace and eroticism down the handball alley as kids.

Handball alley? Never heard it called that before.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Green Giant

If I see '?' or 'Help' followed by one of those Guess the Emoji screenshots again, the friends list is getting trimmed

• Registered Users, Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,379 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

Legs are abit sore from alot of skipping and running today,so as ye do I rub on deep heat up my legs this is a warning to ye boys: DO NOT RUB DEEP HEAT ANYWHERE CLOSE TO YOUR TESTICLES OR THEY WILL BURN!!!!!!!!!!:"( SOREST THING I EVER WITNESSED. I HOPE IT DON'T KILL MY SUPER SPERM OR MAKE GENETIC FREAK SPERM WHERE MY NEXT CHILD CAN SHOOT DEEPHEAT FROM HIS HANDS OR BURN PEOPLE. GOD HAVE MERCY ON MY TESTICLES!!!

Idk

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭sinead88

"There's no need in girls to act slaggy when they have boyfriends or vise versa!!! If ur not happy, finish it. God sake!!! Stories go back!!!! X"
    Lovely passive aggressive status. I'm not entirely sure why the X has been thrown in there.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,873 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Idk

If you don't wash your hands after using Deep Heat cream, you will have a bad time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles

My uncle died 5 years ago, nicest man you could ever meet.

My cousin put up a status 'my dad was an alcoholic. He drank a btl of whiskey a day. May sound mad to those who knew him.its true. Had to say it'

This is a man who spent weeks at a time at our house and only drank tea!!! And another uncle would have 4 bottles of dutch for breakfast!!!!

mauzo! wrote: »
    My uncle died 5 years ago, nicest man you could ever meet.

My cousin put up a status 'my dad was an alcoholic. He drank a btl of whiskey a day. May sound mad to those who knew him.its true. Had to say it'

This is a man who spent weeks at a time at our house and only drank tea!!! And another uncle would have 4 bottles of dutch for breakfast!!!!

'Had to say it?' What? On Facebook?! I will never ever understand people who air family laundry like that on Facebook.

Sorry for your loss Mauzo, your cousin doesn't sound like the nicest character tho!

• Advertisement

I may have mentioned my religious former schoolmate earlier in the thread. She bitched about Muslims tonight, and I have got in an argument with her. Sure I'll throw up a screenshot before she deletes me! :D;)

(Note: apologies to religious boardsies. I don't have a problem with someone believing in any variety of God at all, as long as I'm not expected to participate).

Update: she replied to my comment with more bible verses. Paint is really annoying on Windows 8, so forgive me if I don't post it :P

Also the other guy replied with 'You don't half spout some bollix'. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

People should keep their personal beliefs as just that, personal!
    I don't give a fcuk what you believe and I certainly don't want to read all about it in a public setting, like facebook.

Pricks :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

Came across this on Facebook today ** not a friend of mine, it was shared on some **** of the day page or something .

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭newbee22

michellie wrote: »
    Came across this on Facebook today ** not a friend of mine, it was shared on some **** of the day page or something .

I've seen it all now!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

I don't know why everyone says Leonardo da Vincis best movie is the Mona Lisa . I thought titanic was klass .

• Registered Users, Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,379 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

ivytwine wrote: »
    I may have mentioned my religious former schoolmate earlier in the thread. She bitched about Muslims tonight, and I have got in an argument with her. Sure I'll throw up a screenshot before she deletes me! :D;)

(Note: apologies to religious boardsies. I don't have a problem with someone believing in any variety of God at all, as long as I'm not expected to participate).

Update: she replied to my comment with more bible verses. Paint is really annoying on Windows 8, so forgive me if I don't post it :P

Also the other guy replied with 'You don't half spout some bollix'. :D

"I'm pretty sure I'll be in hell with all my Godless homosexual friends so at least I'll have company"
    I laughed :)

I really hope that's fake

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭druss

A hoax.

Heaven help us all
    .....PNG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Heaven help us all
    .....PNG
    Is that the plane that made an emergency landing on the Hudson river?

• Advertisement

It is.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement