Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortal Kombat Legacy (Episode 9: Post #120)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Right you are bro, sorry about that.
    Ah dont worry about it. I'm sure you wouldn't like it spoiled too. Appreciated, as I'm sure a few others on here will feel the same.

I really amn't sure what to make of it.
    What ere they doing with his eye?
    Maybe this all went way over my head. Am I missing something?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭martineatworld

Yeah, didn't like 6 myself (going against the general consensus). Found the acting to be getting worse, and plots are going out the window. I enjoyed this at the start but I might stop watching unless 7 picks back up the pace a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

As much as I may have gave out about the "more realistic" style that Rebirth had, I actually quite liked this one. Being a long time MK head, it's actually kinda refreshing to see a different spin on the age old stories... For the moment.

Anyways, as kearneybobs said
    What was the deal with the eye?

Oh, and Napper, I reckon the reason
    reason he wass powerless was because he didn't have his hat :pac:

This leaves me wondering where they are going from here, and just what kinda direction they are going to take. Does anyone know how many episodes they are going to be in this show? Because they seem to be gathering characters left, right, and center, but not sign of them meeting each other yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Think it's supposed to be something along the lines of 12-13 episodes. Not sure though.

Kinda makes you wonder if they'll have enough episodes for all these stories to actually fit into place and play out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,876 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I did enjoy that episode, but like above
    why couldn't he just teleport out? Where were his powers?

I hope they keep along this style, and i bloody well hope Sub Zero and Scorpion are next. They'll probably keep them until near the end though.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,605 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Ah damn all these tempting spoilers haha just another hour!

So just a suggestion here to the mod that started this thread. Would it be handier if you were to collect all the episodes into the opening post? It would make it easy for anyone to find the next episode if they are only starting to watch, and also easy if they want to backtrack having missed an episode. Also, it would save the thread's title (which currently says Episode 4: Post#60) having to be changed each time a new episode is release.

Awesome!!!! but ya, couple of questions alright. Loved the
    cheesy 'walking into the camera with my pointy hat' move
    at the end. Def one of my fave episodes so far!

oh ya,
    2 'get over here's' and no elec shooting or diving across the screen? they got some splaaaaaaining to dooooo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭Napper Hawkins

deathrider wrote: »
    As much as I may have gave out about the "more realistic" style that Rebirth had, I actually quite liked this one. Being a long time MK head, it's actually kinda refreshing to see a different spin on the age old stories... For the moment.

Anyways, as kearneybobs said
    What was the deal with the eye?

Oh, and Napper, I reckon the reason
    reason he wass powerless was because he didn't have his hat :pac:

This leaves me wondering where they are going from here, and just what kinda direction they are going to take. Does anyone know how many episodes they are going to be in this show? Because they seem to be gathering characters left, right, and center, but not sign of them meeting each other yet.

Maybe they really are leading up to a film!:eek:

It would make sense, all of this is happening before the first tournament. Please god let this be true.

I enjoyed that episode, Raydens actor was decent and reminded me of Chris Lambert at times. I'm sure there's an explanation for his lack of powers...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

I assumed
    that the eye thing was a series of failed lobotomies
    , didn't give it too much thought!

Mr. K wrote: »
    I assumed
    that the eye thing was a series of failed lobotomies
    , didn't give it too much thought!

That's what I figured too yeah.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

It is time.......for Scorpion and Sub-Zero! (Part 1)

🤪

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    It is time.......for Scorpion and Sub-Zero!

Who? Never heard of them :pac:

Aaaaanyways, not too sure what to make of this one just yet.
    I love the fact that the got Scorps and Subby's real names right, but I'm hating Scorpion's mask... a lot! It seemed to just be fleshing out the story for next week's episode, so there's really not a lot to judge here.

Biggest tease ever!!!

However, i'm liking where this is going. I think
    that Hanzo's mask will be cooler after he's killed and reincarnated
    , and hopefully once that happens
    he'll kill Bi-Han and we'll see Noob arise
    !!!

I'm also loving the fact that
    it's all done in Japanese
    , but i was hoping to see what
    Sub-Zero from the Rebirth trailer would look like, cuz the quick shot of him made him look totally badass!

That was excellent, my favourite so far. I'm biased cos I'm a Scorpion/Sub Zero freak but I was well chuffed with how they handled that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,214 ✭✭✭sonic85

that was great! far too short though - i want more!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

LighterGuy wrote: »
    New character Skarlet trailer:

Wrong thread bud. This isn't about the game, and the scarlet trailer has been posted in the mk game forum

That was fantastic! The fight scene between
    Scorpion and Subby (I'm not sure why I'm putting a spoiler tag on this, as we are all expecting them two to fight each other)
    was excellently done. And of course
    Quan Chi's appearance made me sit up and cheer out loud.
    Very ballsy move, if you ask me.

The caption at the start states that there is only one episode left. My money is on
    Sektor and Cyrax
    to star in that show.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭LighterGuy

Wrong thread bud. This isn't about the game, and the scarlet trailer has been posted in the mk game forum

Deletes post :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

No 9th episode till between july 21st-24th.

Not happy with this really, after following it for 8 weeks and having to wait so long for the finale.

If they wanted the finale to tie in with the comic con they really could have planned the series better and started it later.

deathrider wrote: »
    That was fantastic! The fight scene between
    Scorpion and Subby (I'm not sure why I'm putting a spoiler tag on this, as we are all expecting them two to fight each other)
    was excellently done. And of course
    Quan Chi's appearance made me sit up and cheer out loud.
    Very ballsy move, if you ask me.

The caption at the start states that there is only one episode left. My money is on
    Sektor and Cyrax
    to star in that show.

Probably, but I reckon
    Liu Kang is almost certain, plus Reptile, Goro (please god a well made cgi Goro) Kintaro (unlikely) and Kung Lao. They're the only MK1 and 2 characters yet to see so far. Characters from 3 will come later IN THE GODDAMN FILM THAT I AM ALMOST CERTAIN THEY ARE GOING TO ANNOUNCE ONCE THE FINAL EPISODE AIRS!

It appears my predictions were correct- Sektor and Cyrax for your viewing pleasure, ladies and gents.
    http://comic-con.gamespot.com/video/6324804/mortal-kombat-mortal-kombat-legacy-panel-excerpt?tag=updates;editor;all;title;2

Seems you were right indeed man. Roll on season 2.

Edit: That was superb.:eek:

Seems you were right indeed man. Roll on season 2.

Edit: That was superb.:eek:

Ah, in fairness though- I cheated. I'd seen an interview with the guy who plays Sektor waaaaay back at the launch party of the latest MK game, and he was talking about this episode, so I knew all along :P

Yeah, it's not a bad episode. The fight scenes are the best yet! However,
    it doesn't tie up any lose ends. We are still just left with a bunch of different storys from different characters (and even in different realms) just kinda scattered around.

Why can't i see it? Keeps bringing me to the main ComicCon page

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,331 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Same here

Episode 9, Season Finale, is now up on Youtube

• Advertisement

Hmm, it was working grand when I posted it. Seems Sheehy's got the youtube version up now anyways.

Advertisement