Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortal Kombat Legacy (Episode 9: Post #120)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,420 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    Episode 4 out

Not going to bother clicking 'Play' until I know it's uncensored. Anyone want to help me out :D

Can't help ya but if there was an episode I wanted uncensored, its one with Kitana and Mileena in it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

I doubt it's been censored, no message about an uncensored version came up anyway.

Cool episode, seems like it's
    becoming more like the MK we're familiar with

• Registered Users Posts: 13,859 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Curiosity got the better of me, and i don't think it's censored either. The last censored one had a TV14 rating at the start, this one has a TVMA...

Anyway, i loved that episode, the
    animation
    parts were cool, and a nice way to do the story. Also,
    twins
    FTW!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Again, Ive really enjoyed this, but again I just don't think it runs long enough. I'm only settling in and starting to enjoy these episodes when the credits begin to roll.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,583 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

This was good, reminded me of Game of Thrones or Spartacus! Not a big fan of this Baraka, can't see him fitting in with the modern day scenes.

Did I miss how
    she was cloned or did it just say she was?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

@sheehy
    I thought that bit was a little loose. Just that the baby was identically cloned except for the mouth...Was odd

Enjoyed that episode.
    Animation was well done and well implemented. Still violent which is always nice to see. Hopefully part 2 doesn't come with a recap - don't have that short a memory. Baraka's crew were pretty cool I thought.

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

No no no no no! D: They're trying too hard with this episode and it came off really badly in my opinion.
    They don't have the budget for big epic fantasies so they should not have tried to pull one off. The whole reason Rebirth was such a success was how gritty and different it was to the high fantasy ideals of regular MK.
    At the very least, if they wanted to do a full epic fantasy thing like this, I really wish they hadn't tried to blend the 2D paintings with live action. This whole episode should have been done as a story book style flashback - no actors were needed.

If this episode was a blip, so be it, but if they try to pull off anything similar to what actually happens in the games, this is not going to end well for the series.

It's not all bad though. The Mileena/Kitana dynamic is much more interesting in this than the one in the actual games.

I think they were just trying to give a back story before introducing these characters to the modern day.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,859 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

@Sairus: I think the reason it changed from Rebirth is because NetherRealm Studios and WB are onboard with this (as per the credits anyway) and Rebirth was too far away from the current MK game so it wouldn't have been allowed...

Have to admit, I'm a little disappointed by this.
    I really liked the way Baraka was portrayed in the first trailer, as a doctor driven insane through his failures.

On the other hand, I do think the
    animation was pretty nifty and the scene with the baby with the mutant mouth is awesome!

• Advertisement

Personally I really like the fact that it's not running too close to Rebirth, as I thought Rebirth was offensively bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭Napper Hawkins

RedXIV wrote: »
    Have to admit, I'm a little disappointed by this.
    I really liked the way Baraka was portrayed in the first trailer, as a doctor driven insane through his failures.

On the other hand, I do think the
    animation was pretty nifty and the scene with the baby with the mutant mouth is awesome!

Come on man, the Baraka thing was f'in daft.

It was Resident Evil/Van Damme Street Fighter all over again.

It's not Ed Boons fault if filmmakers lack the creativity and talent to faithfully do the source material justice.

Reptile as a human sufferer of harlequin disease? Bollox

Why not make Batman into Catman? It kinda sounds like his original name so there should be absolutely no problem so.

Come on man, the Baraka thing was f'in daft.

It was Resident Evil/Van Damme Street Fighter all over again.

It's not Ed Boons fault if filmmakers lack the creativity and talent to faithfully do the source material justice.

Reptile as a human sufferer of harlequin disease? Bollox

Why not make Batman into Catman? It kinda sounds like his original name so there should be absolutely no problem so.

But wasn't that the point? to give MK a slant that could actually work in real life? Thats what I was expecting from this web-series not the usual portals/parallel universes and multiple races. I do like the MK universe's story but I was interested in the real world slant they were gonna attempt

RedXIV wrote: »
    But wasn't that the point? to give MK a slant that could actually work in real life? Thats what I was expecting from this web-series not the usual portals/parallel universes and multiple races. I do like the MK universe's story but I was interested in the real world slant they were gonna attempt

Again, why make it like real life? The game is about as far away from real life as possible. As Ed Boon was quoted saying back in the day "Real life is boring." If a gritty realistic martial arts series is what they want to do, then why bring MK's name with it? Why not just do something entirely new?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

A little disappointed by that one. It
    continued the kitana and mileena story
    and didn't really reveal too much. Oh well, there's always next week.
    If they didn't have a 'previously on' segment at the start and an overly long credits sequence at the end,
    they could have crammed this one into last week's episode. Would have made last week's a lot better leaving no need for this week's

Ya rediculously short without the recap and end credits. Not much going on at all but still enjoying the series!

No message about who next week's episode will focus on, strange. Here's hoping it'll Scorpion and Sub Zero (at last). I wonder when Liu Kang will be introduced?

This episode was good, nothing too surprising.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

I enjoyed it. Fight sequence was well done and I have to say, I enjoy the animated sequences - think they're a nice touch and captured well.

Not loving the two part episodes though. "Previously on..." Episode ends up being about 5mins long :(

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭KalEl88

I thought this was absolute crap. Nothing happened at all.

I'd like if they were allowed to stick to the rebirth theme. We've seen this before with 2 crap movies and countless games, at least rebirth was different.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Jaysus episode 4 and 5 have been utter **** imo. Not liking the whole anime thing at all either. :(

****e anyways was hoping it would be good. It just seems to me they are taking the easy option now by filling it mostly with animation instead of live action. :mad:

KalEl88 wrote: »
    I thought this was absolute crap. Nothing happened at all.

I agree with this completely. Good fight scene, but apart from that there was nothing going on.
    KalEl88 wrote: »
    I'd like if they were allowed to stick to the rebirth theme. We've seen this before with 2 crap movies and countless games, at least rebirth was different.

Dissagree with this completely.

FB said next weeks episode is about Raiden!

Episode 6 is out and the FB group says its the best episode yet! 'Mortal Kombat and Rebirth at the same time'. Have to wait til after work to watch it!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

That was excellent. Definitely one of the best so far.

Great stuff. Gotta love the old
    sinister mental institution
    ! It's certainly closer in tone to the first three episodes, which is probably a good thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

That was a little bit of Awsomeness! I loved it!

Here's hoping there's an explanation for the God of thunder being a powerless pussy for most of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Some people are a little sensitive to spoilers. Suggest you put that behind spoiler tags Napper. People like Sheehy, even though he posted the vid, wont have watched it.

• Advertisement

Some people are a little sensitive to spoilers. Suggest you put that behind spoiler tags Napper. People like Sheehy, even though he posted the vid, wont have watched it.

Right you are bro, sorry about that.

Advertisement