Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not too late on the "bandwagon" ! ( thread )

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Harps wrote: »
    I was looking at that a few weeks ago, looks interesting but not a chance my laptop could run it

An extremely late one here but I started playing Deus Ex the other day, was always a console gamer back in the day so never tried it but its a great game so far. The amount of depth and options in everything you do is crazy compared to pretty much every other fps I've played.

Bought Shadow of Chernobyl last week as well but still waiting for it in the post, tomorrow hopefully

Get a mod for stalker, which enchance all game. Graphically and gameplay wise. It did not aged well in original look.

I installed Pripyat the ather day and damn it looked horrible. We really get spoiled these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

I'm playing through Metro 2033 as well. Not overly taken by it so far, Bout 3 or 4 chapters in. I'll get through it but it hasn't hooked me like I was hoping it would. Feels clunky or something in the controls

djkeogh wrote: »
    I'm playing through Metro 2033 as well. Not overly taken by it so far, Bout 3 or 4 chapters in. I'll get through it but it hasn't hooked me like I was hoping it would. Feels clunky or something in the controls

For me it is very solid. Controls really good and hit detection quite nice too. Somehow you get feeling that you hit him. Feels like shooting bodies not sandbox, if that makes any sence.

Are you playing it pc too? It looks stuning too I have to admit.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,002 ✭✭✭Wossack

Really like the weapons and gadgets in metro2033. Modeling and movement/user interaction of them is very well done

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭valleyoftheunos

Plan on starting GTA4 on the PS3 this evening, I'm only what, 3 or 4 years behind?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

+1 for metro, absolutely love it, really can't wait for last light.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

I have a copy of New Vegas, but it has yet to be put into the console. I loved Fallout 3, I'm hesitating to start NV because I don't wanna shut the world out again! I should really play it before Skyrim comes out...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Mance Rayder

New Vegas was a terrible disappointment,
    I loved it right up to actually getting to new Vegas, then the story just unravelled in a mess. The missions began to feel like chores so I stopped playing. The Elvis characters totally ruined it, And the Robots that drive the story are stupid looking. Nothing compared to the Enclave of FO3. The Brotherhood of steel have been relegated from an awesome force to a bit of a joke, The whole tongue in cheek aspect just ruined the immersion.
    I loved Fallout 1,2 and 3 though. Metro 2033 is next on my list after I get over my addiction to World of tanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,834 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Mr. K wrote: »
    I have a copy of New Vegas, but it has yet to be put into the console. I loved Fallout 3, I'm hesitating to start NV because I don't wanna shut the world out again! I should really play it before Skyrim comes out...

I stupidly started with New Vegas, and it put me off playing Fallout 3 completely because it's basically meh...

But on the advice of the lovely folks here on games, i've been playing 3 solid for the last week. Fantastic game. So be prepared to be let down by Vegas...

I stupidly started with New Vegas, and it put me off playing Fallout 3 completely because it's basically meh...

But on the advice of the lovely folks here on games, i've been playing 3 solid for the last week. Fantastic game. So be prepared to be let down by Vegas...

i know i have recommended fallout new vegas. i am sooo sorry lol. when i finished it, i was just like: WTF?! is that it?! after that i newer came back to it as it left horrible taste in my mouth.

fallout 3 is not as good as fallout 2, but it had its cool moments.

when i played new vegas - well, i guess cool stuff will be soon, soon, soon, game ending... soon.... soon...

when i played fallout 3 - AH! i see what you did there! nice! and what over there? cool!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

What was wrong with new vegas , i thought the game was great

• Registered Users Posts: 7,337 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Portal 2. Finally getting around to playing it, though I know it's out only a few months - it feels longer. So far, very happy with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭Chairman Meow

I loved it right up to actually getting to new Vegas, then the story just unravelled in a mess. The missions began to feel like chores so I stopped playing. The Elvis characters totally ruined it, And the Robots that drive the story are stupid looking. Nothing compared to the Enclave of FO3. The Brotherhood of steel have been relegated from an awesome force to a bit of a joke, The whole tongue in cheek aspect just ruined the immersion.
    I loved Fallout 1,2 and 3 though. Metro 2033 is next on my list after I get over my addiction to World of tanks.

I hated new vegas too. Biggest disappointment of last year for me. The story was ****, setting was ****, characters ****, everything about it was just pure ****. And i finished FO3 on both PC & 360, loved it.

I recently picked up Castlevania LoS for 13 quid in HMV. Its a bizarre game in that the opening chapters are ****ing horrible. The SoTC rip-off bosses are abysmal slogs through abject frustration. The combat sucks cocks, and the platforming is ****ing horrible.
    But then around chapter 4 it seemed to 'click', and i really enjoyed it. Up til chapter 7, which has been absolutely ****ing ABYSMAL. Overall id struggle to recommend it tbh. Think i might just flog it on toward something else.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,002 ✭✭✭Wossack

Portal 2. Finally getting around to playing it, though I know it's out only a few months - it feels longer. So far, very happy with it.

am still waiting on a decent price on this...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,337 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Ah, the Steam price wasn't too bad, €24.99. It's worth that much anyways.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Mance Rayder

Portal 2 is great fun albeit short.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Slowly catching up on PS3 exclusives. Just started the first Infamous game on the PS3.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

Spot on for me, FO3 seemed smart, had great side plots and minor characters and New Vegas took all that and decided that juvenile sex jokes and cliche characters would make it 'funny'... or something.

In saying that, I played through it and finished it, avoiding New Vegas except for a few key missions. That was one of my least favourite locations ever in any game.

Update on metro 2033:

Something I had really missed when it came out. What a great game.

There are so many sales of that game, so to not pick it up and have a go is just silly.

If you do love post apocalyptic setting, like to count your bullets and plan your fights, see one of the most unique settings and stories in awile, then metro is a must!

You still here?! Go get it FFs! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,834 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Update on metro 2033:

Something I had really missed when it came out. What a great game.

There are so many sales of that game, so to not pick it up and have a go is just silly.

If you do love post apocalyptic setting, like to count your bullets and plan your fights, see one of the most unique settings and stories in awile, then metro is a must!

You still here?! Go get it FFs! ;)

I'm guessing you mean on a pc, but if not is it good on the consoles? My laptop wouldn't run it well, so console is my only option... And (don't lambast me for saying so) is it very simular to Stalker? If so, i'll give it a miss... Stalker just didn't do it for me... Maybe because i like to feel like i'm progressing well for all the work i'm putting in, and not still scrounging at the end. Thats why Vice City rocked!!! :D

• Advertisement

Metro has checkpoint and chapter system. Where's stalker is open world.

Now what I really like in metro, some might not, you are human being and not some super mutant which can stand 100 shots in your head. In metro you really have to plan your attack, try take out as most enemies as you can silently before you stir the pot.

I don't know wha you mean about progression in stalker, I do remember how hard it was in beginning and how it becomes much easier when you get atleast half good armour. In metro you will get better weapons and and armour too. There are more modifications of weapons, but less of them.

Advertisement