Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Burning (Deleting) Half a Million Qur'ans!

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

stimpson wrote: »

I know he's in the BNP and all and he isn't doing in for the same reason that the guy in the video I posted is (not exactly like minded individuals you'll find), but still it's abhorrent that he's being arrested for expressing himself - even though his message was intolerable.

This begs another question; when do you draw the line for freedom of speech and expression?

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭loremolis

I know he's in the BNP and all and he isn't doing in for the same reason that the guy in the video I posted is (not exactly like minded individuals you'll find), but still it's abhorrent that he's being arrested for expressing himself - even though his message was intolerable.

This begs another question; when do you draw the line for freedom of speech and expression?

Have a look at Louis Thereaux's most recent BBC documentary on the phelpps family in the states.

That shows how far people can push their right to free speech and get away with it

It's a mad mad world

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭James T Kirk

True.

But there's only about seventy members in that nutty cult; so let them waffle on.

They're life-trolls.

Ignore them and they soon dwindle away.

Start debating with them, and you're giving the attention they so obviously crave.

You can't argue with a stupid person. Do it long enough, and you end up stupid too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭stimpson

You can't argue with a stupid person. Do it long enough, and you end up stupid too.

The more I read this thread the more I feel my IQ dropping.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭jackiebaron

It's just a book, I'm expressing my laziness by not burning it

I'm expressing my right not to read any of them.

Recite lovely poems to me, some maiden!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

Advertisement