Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Burning (Deleting) Half a Million Qur'ans!

Options
  • 08-04-2011 9:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭

No, I'm not Ted Haggard or some fundamentalist Christian and I don't hold a grudge against people who want to believe in Islam but separately I do believe in freedom of expression. That's why this video caught my attention;

[watch first]

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Lets not.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,408 ✭✭✭Captain_Generic

It's just a book, I'm expressing my laziness by not burning it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

As bad as burning Korans is... I read the title as Let's burn half a million Koreans... A good bit worse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭sollar

Good luck with that, make sure to post it up on youtube for all to see. You won't come to any harm.... honest ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Gru

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

I read 'Korans' as 'Koreans' and thought this thread was a whooole different thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

I might just burn a CD instead. Remember CD's?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,408 ✭✭✭Captain_Generic

People are posting these comments really fast. Did they watch the whole video? It's more than 8 minutes long.

You're really asking two questions there, I mean what really is a video? And what do they tell us about ourselves?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭yeahimhere

As bad as burning Korans is... I read the title as Let's burn half a million Koreans... A good bit worse.

Me too! Wondered what the hell have the Koreans done to some guy in Ireland?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

Aoifey! wrote: »
    I read 'Korans' as 'Koreans' and thought this thread was a whooole different thing.

Edited to alternative spelling.

Koran --> Qur'an

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

I will be busy filling in my census form.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Solnskaya

It was koreans!! Epic spellfart. I was wondering where the hell we were gonna put all the ashes, then why the feck we were burning them. In that order. Which makes me worry that I might either be too easily led, or a bit evil.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭10belowzero

Is the koran , the korean national dish ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

I just burned a copy of the TV Guide, haha! Take that! Yes! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭loremolis

Edited to alternative spelling.

Koran --> Qur'an

Can't call them that either.

That was the name of a sentient race in a Star Trek episode.

They won't be happy about that.

loremolis wrote: »
    Can't call them that either.

That was the name of a sentient race in a Star Trek episode.

They won't be happy about that.

Which one would you prefer;
    Quran, Kuran, Koran, Qur’ān, Coran or al-Qur’ān?

Lets just burn half a million Koreans, they are fairly easily rounded up etc, plus it won't piss off our Muslim Brethren who would then launch a Fatwah on our asse5. You just don't wanna mess with a Fatwah, Thinwahs are bad enough, but the plump ones can do real damage.

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭milehip1

That's exactly what I tought the first time I read the 'burn a Koran' headline ,scary thing is I saw it a few more times and I still read it like burn a Korean!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Mister men

I can't burn one i need it for bog roll.

May or may not be joking.:P

Which one would you prefer;
    Quran, Kuran, Koran, Qur’ān, Coran or al-Qur’ān?

No good. All used as sentient races in either Star Trek, Star Wars or Zena Warrior Princess.

Don't want to burn Koreans either. The ones form the south are nice, hard working people and you'll have a hard time rounding up 500,000 from North of the Border.

What about burning half a million euro? That'll show em.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

Mister men wrote: »
    I can't burn one i need it for bog roll.
    You use Koreans for bog roll? :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,439 ✭✭✭Kevin Duffy

Hmmm...bookburnings, historically a bit of an expression of fascism and intolerence.
    I like to express my freedom of expression by expressing things that are worth expressing and letting other people express themselves by, for example, writing and publishing and reading books that are important to them, without me interfering by, for example, burning them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭sollar

People shouldn't be afraid of these mad bearded fundamentalists. Burn on. I don't believe in mohamed or the koran so have no care for them.

No good. All used as sentient races in either Star Trek, Star Wars or Zena Warrior Princess.

Don't want to burn Koreans either. The ones form the south are nice, hard working people and you'll have a hard time rounding up 500,000 from North of the Border.

What about burning half a million euro? That'll show em.

(¬¬)

(¬¬)

Excuse my ignorance but what does that mean?

Excuse my ignorance but what does that mean?

A regretful role-eyes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Locked Messed Monster

People are posting these comments really fast. Did they watch the whole video? It's more than 8 minutes long.

:D

:D

Forgive my naïvety :(

A regretful role-eyes

Sorry. Couldn't help going off topic.

Guy that burns stupid book is a moron. Morons that get upset about it and kill people are immeasurably worse.

Which came first the morons or the idiots?

How can you take it seriously.

• Advertisement

Sorry. Couldn't help going off topic.

Guy that burns stupid book is a moron. Morons that get upset about it and kill people are immeasurably worse.

Which came first the morons or the idiots?

How can you take it seriously.

Where did you get the idiots from in that equation? (morons+morons=idiots??)

Advertisement