Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Great 2011 PSN Outage Megathread *Post 1 updated*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭keithc83

Its back up in Japan? is it?Hopefully tomorrow

I'm trying to find confirmation for the Japanese servers but there is no definitive answer yet as to whether they are going back online. Every "unofficial" source online though has the above in print so they can't all be wrong. At least i hope not anyway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

Straight from the Official Twitter

"PlayStationEU PlayStation Blog EU

We're trying to get an update and ETA of when #PSN will be back online, but we're afraid there is no new info. Will tweet when there is."

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,249 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Its back up in Japan? is it?Hopefully tomorrow
    keithc83 wrote: »
    I'm trying to find confirmation for the Japanese servers but there is no definitive answer yet as to whether they are going back online. Every "unofficial" source online though has the above in print so they can't all be wrong. At least i hope not anyway!

Can't log on to my Japanese account today.
    Will try again tomorrow, but not too confident about it.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

So apparently they still dont know whether people's personal details (including peoples CREDIT CARD numbers!) have been stolen.

Jesus christ.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

http://gizmodo.com/#!5795403/sony-doesnt-know-yet-if-your-credit-card-number-was-stolen
    Sony has not yet determined if the personal information or credit card numbers of users on the still-offline Playstation Network have been stolen, according to a Sony spokesman.

Sony Computer Entertainment is conducting "thorough investigation" into the outage, Satoshi Fukuoka, a spokesman for Sony Computer Entertainment in Tokyo, told PC World.

Sony Computer Entertainment of America spokesman Patrick Seybold reiterated Fukuoka's statement, confirming that Sony is still looking into whether credit card or other personal information were taken during the "external intrusion."

Both declined to provide more information about the intrusion that led the company to take the global Playstation Network down last week. The network remains down as of Monday morning.

In an update this morning, Seybold said there is no update or timeframe for getting the network back up yet.

"As we previously noted, this is a time intensive process and we're working to get them back online quickly," he wrote. "We'll keep you updated with information as it becomes available. We once again thank you for your patience."

Seybold said over the weekend that officials were working around the clock to rebuild the network.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Desire.

Thank God I have been away since the PSN went down, otherwise I would be going crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,865 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

If the credit card details are gone, I wont be buying anything on psn anymore

Infact ill probably be deleting my details either way

PSN Cards FTW! :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,063 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

If people's details have been stolen, it will be an absolute disaster for Sony. It's pretty embarrassing as it is, but that would be a whole new level of ****storm for them.

Could they be sued ?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Don't think so, since the EULA agreement on the firmware updates allow them (Sony) to do whatever they want with PSN, PS3 firmware and your details. Even though the hack has been a breach of their security, they can still cover their asses with the agreement.

Don't think so, since the EULA agreement on the firmware updates allow them (Sony) to do whatever they want with PSN, PS3 firmware and your details. Even though the hack has been a breach of their security, they can still cover their asses with the agreement.

ya but im talking about if they lost our credit card details

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭brianon

Desire. wrote: »
    Thank God I have been away since the PSN went down, otherwise I would be going crazy.
    Marge: "Go Crazy"?
    Homer: Don't mind if I do!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭Liamario

Reading some of these posts, has thought me one thing. A lot of you need to get out more.

The only people who have something to actually complain about at this stage are PS+ subscribers.

Other people are making up issues like CC details that may have been stolen without any confirmation of same.

Then there are people who can't go a few days without being online. These people I probably feel sorry for more than the others.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 462 ✭✭Suspiria79

u-mad.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Paparazzo wrote: »
    I really really hate hackers and guys that write viruses. They think they're sticking it to the big corporations when in reality they just really annoy normal everyday people. I hope these guys are caught and thrown in jail.

Amen, brother.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,485 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Headshot wrote: »
    ya but im talking about if they lost our credit card details

Nothing ever happens when some state agency or the like leaves a laptop full of details on a bus.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭Liamario

156547.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Jordoo

Liamario wrote: »
    156547.jpg

Very Nice :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

I NEED my fix :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,010 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

M&S* wrote: »
    I NEED my fix :(

Me too :/

Am I the only one watching videos of Black Ops on YouTube because the PSN is down? :o

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭SeanQCitizen

Just read this on clickonline

It finally looks like the ongoing PSN issue is close to resolution. The PlayStation RLS Twitter account has confirmed that the problem has been located, and hopefully the issue will be rectified soon!

ps1.png

The PlayStation RLS Twitter account has confirmed that the problem has been located

About time. :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,010 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Desire. wrote: »
    Am I the only one watching videos of Black Ops on YouTube because the PSN is down? :o

Yes....yes you are :P

Given their openess to the problem so far I would still read "Soon" as don't hold your breath.

Crap. Just as well I didn't hold my breath.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

Just read this on clickonline

It finally looks like the ongoing PSN issue is close to resolution. The PlayStation RLS Twitter account has confirmed that the problem has been located, and hopefully the issue will be rectified soon!

ps1.png

That tweet was from the 21st of April.......

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,096 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

My Mac HDD is close to full, but every hour I can't start playing Portal 2 co-op the temptation to download the 11GB Steam File gets higher :pac: Luckily managed to sync before it went down!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

Advertisement