Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"We can rebuild her!"

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭shazkea

If I do it, it will be as an easy run. :)

Are you heading down anyway?

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Yeah I am :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭racheljev

Next up? Maybe the K-Club 10k in April. 5 weeks away, sub-50 attempt. Fingers crossed. :)

There's also the Samsung night run thingy at the end of April. I'm giving that a go. Route seems nice enough - all around the city centre (Northside as well :D) It's 2 weeks before Lux so I'll be using it as a tune up - hopefully.
    Well done on the pb today -only 4 seconds ahead of me, damn it!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Marthastew

Delighted with the PB...
    :)

Congrats, that's PBs each time I have met you at a race, well done!

Marthastew wrote: »
    Congrats, that's PBs each time I have met you at a race, well done!
    *strokes chin* Maybe doing the same race as you is a good omen :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

Well done Boss!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Aimman

Well done on the pb, great news after the set backs. Raging I missed it, hoping to get back to the running tomorrow, after the wine... Eh.... Antibiotics are finished :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

Well done for someone not feeling 100%, that's a great result.

So yeah. This is gonna hurt in the morning. Headed down to Mallow with the usual suspects this morning, decided to run, and pretty much on the startline decided to go for sub-90 because my legs weren't completely dead.

Job done. 1:28:23 Garmin time. :)

Standalone 10 mile PB by just over 9 minutes, and my 2nd fastest 10 mile ever if the first 10 of a half is included. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,686 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

great work, good running - sorry I missed you guys after

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭shazkea

Congrats on the PB RK, great running yesterday and today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭Bally8

Well done RK, super running. Great few days for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

shazkea wrote: »
    Congrats on the PB RK, great running yesterday and today

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 6,888 ✭✭✭Dory Dory

Fantastic on the pb! Well done! :)

Time to update the PB list because I haven't done that in a while...

1 mile - 6:42 (Tallaght Goal Mile 2011)
    5k - 23:41 (MSB 5k, 2012)
    5 mile - 37:42 (Raheny 5, 2012)
    10k - 52:22 (Women's Mini-Marathon, 2010)
    10 mile - (standalone) 1:28:23 (Mallow 10, 2012), (first 10 of half) 1:27:30 (race series half, 2010)
    HM - 1:55:55 (Waterford half, Jan 2011)
    M - 3:59:00 (Barcelona Marathon, 2011)

10k PB is nearly 2 years old. It *has* to go very soon. :pac: HM will probably go in Limerick (probably low 1:50s) and get properly destroyed at GNR (1:45 goal). Want to have a proper lash at a 10 mile at some stage this year too, and get something in the low 80s.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

K Club 10k?

RayCun wrote: »
    K Club 10k?

Looking like a good choice. 4 weeks away, 2 weeks before Limerick half, and supposed to be pretty fast. Sub-50 goal there, going any faster than that can wait :pac:

Ecoli had mentioned a 47-48 min goal after Raheny, after puking my guts up after running a barely-sub-24 5k on Sunday I don't think I'm quite there yet :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭Younganne

Congrats on the 2 PBs this weekend, that's great running and you not feeling 100%. Well done!

For once in my life I got out of work at a non-crazy hour of the evening, so decided to take advantage and take the bike out. 13km covered, 19km/h average speed. Nice and relaxed, apart from all the traffic-related fun involved in getting to and from the park...

Headed out for a short, easy run this evening. 6.4km covered, average pace 6.15/km, didn't bother putting the HR strap on today. Legs absolutely as flat as expected.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Nules10

Nice running at the weekend rk. You are flying it at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,963 ✭✭✭opus

Lots of PB's showing up there recently, congratulations! Going by the title of your log does this mean you've been "rebuilt" :)

opus wrote: »
    Going by the title of your log does this mean you've been "rebuilt" :)
    Don't want to tempt fate, but I hope so!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

Don't want to tempt fate, but I hope so!

Back and better I would say!

Plan for this evening was 30 min easy, still bringing the legs back to life after last weekend. Felt a lot better today than they did yesterday, getting there :) Still kept the pace easy though - 6.15/km average pace, roughly 5km covered.

Weekend running was a bit of a disaster, just got out for a short one on Saturday, no Garmin with me but it was about 40 minutes at a relatively easy pace. No run Sunday.

Monday - decided to compensate somewhat for Sunday and got out for 12.4km, average pace 5.50/km, average HR 154 / max 175. Lovely run, really enjoyed this. The good weather helps :)

Tuesday - plan was 60 mins easy. Did 10.55km, average pace 5.46/km, average HR 155 / max 174. Another good one this evening.

Plan for this evening - 1 mile easy, 10 min MP, 10 min HMP, 10 min 10k pace. Decided to do this on the polo grounds for the sake of consistency, so the warmup and cooldown were a little longer than intended (~2.2km each way). I took 5.30-5.35/km as MP, 5.10-5.15/km as HMP and 4.50-4.55/km as 10k pace, and managed to hit all of these even if 10k pace was pretty hard work! Actually enjoyed that session, though the mild, calm evening definitely helped. Total distance covered 10.52km, average overall pace 5.38/km, average HR 170 (lol).

Saturday - hill session. 8x70sec reps on the Kyber + warmup/cooldown. Tough session, still a little bit of Thursday's session in the legs, would have liked to have gotten in at least a short easy run on Friday to ease things out a bit. Got through it ok though, not without a few stares from a couple of guys who appeared to be doing hill reps on their longboards. Total distance covered 9.27km, average overall pace 5.54/km. Not sure if I can trust my HRM data, it's spiking way too much lately.

Sun - plan was 10 miles easy. Did pretty much exactly that, 16.32km covered, average pace 5.47/km, average HR 167 / max (lolspike) 209.

Very happy with this week overall, 5 good solid runs and I'm feeling pretty decent now. A few more good weeks like this and I should be in good shape for a decent 10k soon :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭Pisco Sour

Time to update the PB list because I haven't done that in a while...

1 mile - 6:42 (Tallaght Goal Mile 2011)
    5k - 23:41 (MSB 5k, 2012)
    5 mile - 37:42 (Raheny 5, 2012)
    10k - 52:22 (Women's Mini-Marathon, 2010)
    10 mile - (standalone) 1:28:23 (Mallow 10, 2012), (first 10 of half) 1:27:30 (race series half, 2010)
    HM - 1:55:55 (Waterford half, Jan 2011)
    M - 3:59:00 (Barcelona Marathon, 2011)

10k PB is nearly 2 years old. It *has* to go very soon. :pac: HM will probably go in Limerick (probably low 1:50s) and get properly destroyed at GNR (1:45 goal). Want to have a proper lash at a 10 mile at some stage this year too, and get something in the low 80s.

Don't forget that 800m also. I want to see 2:5x :)

• Advertisement

04072511 wrote: »
    Don't forget that 800m also. I want to see 2:5x :)

Maybe, just maybe ;)

Advertisement