Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photos taken on your cycle.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,482 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

hope you're OK, that the reasons for being off the bike are benign!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,883 ✭✭✭cletus

Thanks, mb. Benign enough. Had a small procedure, requires about a fortnight of the bike.

Filling that hole with endless cycling videos on YouTube 😁

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,482 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

i'm still off the bike because of this lingering chest issue after (probable) covid.

Is there anything to be said for drinking beer?

I am testing that hypothesis. Still, it's giving me good opportunity to work on that guitar.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,972 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Two gates in the evening sun...

Back in the saddle after a 2½ week hiatus.

Turned into a lovely morning for it.

Had to do a bit of hike-a-biking, and had to do a bit of lateral thinking to skirt around some of the works going on.

I thought the unfinished bridge in the second last photo was the end of the road, but I managed to follow some old Bord na Mona narrow gauge track instead

Are we still doing thatched cottages?

Dunno if this one has been on before, but it's my first time up this way.

Meant to post this gste photo taken recently on Smith's Hill near Newcastle (Co. Dublin) (on the back of Lyons Hill)...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,631 ✭✭✭Wildly Boaring

Obilisk Bridge is definitely closed at Oldbridge.

And it's Autumn

Toook a few photos on my spin this afternoon. I presume this is a legit "dancing at the crossroads" crossroads (Woodend near Blessington) ...

Photo of plaque in the above photo...

Bohernabreena (Glenasmole View)...

Apparently it's October (@ Sally Gap)...

Nothing as spectacular as Seth's photos above, but I spent the afternoon with my eldest fella showing me the various drops, jumps, trails and paths he and his friends have been cycling on all summer in the woods behind us.

It's amazing, really. His bike handling skills have improved immensely, and I was struggling to keep up with him on some of the windy single track we were on.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,843 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

I had my first bike packing trip during the summer. Loved every minute of it. I was cycling from Roscoff to Carnac where the family had my main baggage so I was able to travel fairly light. Took it really easy and stopped overnight 3 times. Confident now I can attempt something longer next year. Anyway forgot at the time to put up some pics so:-

Morlaix is a town I've skipped many times when driving from the boat. Was nice to see it and that bridge stands out.

A lot of Euro Velo 1 in Brittany appears to be old train lines like our own greenways. Hence this deserted station.

Day 2 I joined the Brest-Nantes canal. Fantastic and highly recommended.

Last stop on the Euro Velo 1/Canal was Josselin. Very picturesque. After this I turned West and headed for my final destination - Carnac and the beach.

Cold but lovely morning for a spin

Road it is, so...

Near Two Mile House (Co. Kildare)...

(Photo taken whilst on the move & with sun in my eyes making the screen difficult to see so not the best quality pic)

I take it the boys ahead of you weren't pushed about stopping for photos of thatched cottages 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Roadtoad

Most important thing about a cycling companion is how we indulge each others foibles.

Photo stops, coffee eccentricities, conversation, local history yarns etc.

I have a good friend, and I can't cycle with him for this reason. He just does the ride he wants, at the pace he wants, regardless.

He asked me to go for a spin with him recently, he had been off the bike for a year. His fitness was down, so I had no problems maintaining his pace, but he was still pushing himself as hard as he possibly could.

Got back to my house, and he was saying how hard he found the last 7 or 8 miles. It was completely lost on him when I said that it was his own pace he was struggling with

• Advertisement

Out for a spin and pints at the weekend. Was on the Old Rail Trail from Moate to Athlone for part of it

Obligatory pints in Sean's

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,465 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Kilkenny City, headed off for an adventure day. 28 miles covered in all

• Registered Users Posts: 8,111 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Had a bike fitting with Aidan Hammond in Wicklow. Cycled to Greystones, up to Bray and around a bit afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,720 ✭✭✭Large bottle small glass

The closest thing to gravel we saw yesterday, the rest of the 20km off road in the 60km spin was puddles, muck and sh1te

Out around Newtownmoneenluggagh and thereabouts. The sciobal is a nice touch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,177 ✭✭✭JMcL

Took the young lad out for a spin around Muckross and Killarney national park yesterday. Weather played ball for atmospherics

Haven't done a gate in a while

It was cold and damp out there today

Where is that gate?

• Advertisement

Near Kildare and Vicarstown. I'd be surprised if these were not up already. (@cletus ?) Anyway, the best of days for a Barrow valley run.

Advertisement