Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photos taken on your cycle.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,884 ✭✭✭cletus

Lovely spin today, although at one stage I thought the heavens were going to open.

Part of my route was the Grand Canal between Edenderry and Daingan. I was giving out about the amount of staggered gates I had to go through, particularly at each bridge over the canal.

Then I passed the one spot a car could squeeze in, and lo and behold, there's a fella parked up right beside his fishing spot. Maybe 100 metres from the closest car park (of which there are an abundance along that section)

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Roadtoad

^^

Next time out that way bang on up the Ballycommon to Kilbeggin branch. Lots of gates, but worth it anyway (a more sizable peleton or someone watching their average speeds might enjoy elsewhere more).

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,975 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Plotted a route here in the Dordogne that took in plenty of hilly back roads. The muggy heat made the climbs very tiring and the damp gravel covered surfaces made the descents tricky but still managed 1100m over the 60km.

Saw plenty of wildlife including two red deer, greenn woodpeckers, hoopoes and loads of butterflies but no photos of any.

Happened upon this chateau in Carlux...

At one point, my road turned into a stone & gravel track. The 25mm road tyres weren't suited for it at all so walked a good bit of it (the photo was taken on the better part of it!)...

Along the way, I came across this Dolmen de Laval (this area wouldn't be a massive distance from Lascaux where the Neolithic cave paintings were found)...

Plus of course, the obligatory gate photo...

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭The Ging and I

A gate in Cavan

It's definitely a gate, but is it a good gate 🤔

Relatively new, and not wrought (we'll skip over the ostentation)

It gets 3/10 from me

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,492 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

sod the gate, the bikes look interesting. old school full length pump on the black bike?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭brokenbad

The Slieve Bloom mountains one evening last week

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭De Bhál

sod the bike, I want to know more about those piers and what posseses someone to do that. they remind me of a more pumped up version of the piers on Jamestown Road near Finglas

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,492 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭De Bhál

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭saccades

There are similar concrete things in Arklow near the bridge across the river, which in Pokémon Go are called "proud stoned birds".

• Registered Users Posts: 3,631 ✭✭✭Wildly Boaring

Laytown the other evening

Entrance to what I think is a Priest's house beside a 12th Century church in France (Groléjac in the Dordogne region). Not sure of the age but bit was quite old.

It also had a lions on each of the two piers which meets the latest gate pic trend!

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Raymzor

The “podium” of bikes at Mens Seniors Dungannon last Sunday. Pinarello is Townsend, Cannondale-Ben Healy, SWorks-Sam Bennett!!!

kids got a great picture with Ben immediately after the race.

Post edited by Raymzor on

2 for 1

More peregrines perched atop piers*

*I don't think they're peregrines, but I like the alliteration

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭saccades

A peregrine that big would tear its wings off and leave an impact crater!

Hawks haughtily halted?

Eagles eerily eyeballing?

Falcons frustratingly flocking?

Nah, had to be peregrines, I'm afraid. Poetic licence and all that.

Pass it on every cycle

Out for a quick spin this morning, even managed to get some gravel in, on the way to bagging a KOM

Did I mention I got a KOM 🤔😀

Post edited by cletus on

After a great 100k spin

• Advertisement

Not exactly the longest spin I've ever done. Cracking afternoon here.

Yet again, not a pint to be had

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭brokenbad

Grand Canal Tullamore - one evening last week

• Registered Users Posts: 2,177 ✭✭✭JMcL

In the Vendée at the minute. Thatched cottages are rare, even interesting gates are in short supply as everything seems to be new build. This was the the best I could do 2 days ago, but had the added bonus of a windmill (is this hors categories?)

Nicer gate yesterday

And from the same spin, the Passage Du Gois, a causeway across to Île de Noirmoutier only accessible 60-90 minutes either side of low tide

• Registered Users Posts: 14,058 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

From the Grand Colombier last friday, the pros will take an hour plus off my time when they ascend it today!

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Roadtoad

Queen's County, or was it King's County. Thereabouts anyway.

It's absolutely gorgeous but the OCD inside me is screaming!

I think I'm going to take a photo of my bike drive side showing, and then reverse the image so it looks like it's on the left side of the bike.

That'll show your OCD 😅😅😅

*Edit*

Post edited by cletus on

Nah, it was the roof lines that was getting me rather than the bike position.

• Advertisement

It wasn't cold this morning, but it was wet and windy. Still managed a thatched cottage, as well as a most serene heron

Advertisement