Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photos taken on your cycle.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭pete_9715

thank you must check em out

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭wanderer 22

More featherbeds goodness

vx26_Wxb0a7s_Cy_Rt_He_VQJxl_Th_Oj_Wyw9u_QWZ4g_Es_WIi_LI_2048.jpgphoto hosting

• Registered Users Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭Mercian Pro

colm18 wrote: »
    More featherbeds goodness

Cool up there this morning but no ice. I was wondering if anyone else was out after such a miserable few days. Spotted two other cyclists in the distance near Sally Gap and two more at Glendalough Green but, other than that, it seemed deserted.

2gsquir.jpg

ka20i1.jpg

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭wanderer 22

Beautiful bike Mercian Pro

colm18 wrote: »
    Beautiful bike Mercian Pro

Thanks Colm.

As you can tell from my name and the Van Nicholas, I'm a bit of a metal fan. The Ventus was the only Ti bike I could find that was half affordable and I'm delighted with it. I'm probably too hooked on the aesthetics of classic steel frames to ever fall for a carbon bike but the Wiliers are among the best looking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,369 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

I love those Van Nicholas bikes but the prices are eye watering.. :eek:

Not new or mine but found it amusing none the less. :D

perfectly-timed-sport-moments-25.jpg

iwillhtfu wrote: »
    I love those Van Nicholas bikes but the prices are eye watering.. :eek:

£1550 from Fatbirds or €1999 from Harrys Bikes for the 105 version.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,369 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

£1550 from Fatbirds or €1999 from Harrys Bikes for the 105 version.

Oh that's no to bad I was looking on their site earlier cheapest I could find was €3000

I saw one in the flesh in a bike store in Cork and love the titanium frame with the black carbon fork.

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Luxman

Cool up there this morning but no ice. I was wondering if anyone else was out after such a miserable few days. Spotted two other cyclists in the distance near Sally Gap and two more at Glendalough Green but, other than that, it seemed deserted.

2gsquir.jpg

ka20i1.jpg

Clever use of your water bottle, when there is nothing else to hold up your steed!!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,964 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Three Rock this morning.

IMG_2013%201_zpsq3eza3gf.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,562 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

Three Rock this morning.

IMG_2013%201_zpsq3eza3gf.jpg

what property/site/route is the swing-gate at?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,729 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

aloyisious wrote: »

Looks like the exit from Kilmashogue forest to Three rock

• Registered Users Posts: 24,964 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

It's just a few metres beyond the end of this Strava segment:

https://www.strava.com/segments/8125228

(To get there - Sandyford - Blackglen Road - Ticnock Road. Follow the road upwards until you get to the upper car park. Then simply cycle through the pedestrian gate and continue upwards until the paved road runs out and it flattens out into a gravel area.)

I(To get there - Sandyford - Blackglen Road - Ticnock Road. Follow the road upwards until you get to the upper car park. Then simply cycle through the pedestrian gate and continue upwards until the paved road runs out and it flattens out into a gravel area.)

Or if you have tyres that are ok on gravel and fancy the scenic route, up to the back of Marlay Park, up Kilmashogue Lane, into Kilmashogue wood and following Coilte track will lead you to that gate. Bit lumpy mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,562 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

smacl wrote: »
    Or if you have tyres that are ok on gravel and fancy the scenic route, up to the back of Marlay Park, up Kilmashogue Lane, into Kilmashogue wood and following Coilte track will lead you to that gate. Bit lumpy mind.

Near the Wicklow Way start-point area?

Near the Wicklow Way start-point area?

About a KM or further on from it. The proper MTB folks follow the Wicklow way, I tend to stick to the Coilte tracks on the CX bike.

Given the thread, I took a spin up there at lunch, starts as you leave Kilmashogue lane into the woods here

411264.JPG

Wicklow way (and better cyclists than myself) break off here

411265.JPG

Comes out at Ticknock here

411266.JPG

And takes you up top to the masts here;

411267.JPG

All very doable on a hybrid or CX bike if you're up for a bit of climbing, after that you're into MTB territory

dumn0aD.jpg

Foggy Glencree on saturday

• Registered Users Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭brownian

aVcGm7BwrWxtwC30a2UTeHUIJvtmPOY_hdhRa82eD7GtfT8pda9j_pD0-kH68Vqw7cFUlUzt4FkHgi3oZ0A36c2QLF3nA3b7qoYpZ3k65r_xMFTf27LROC3aX8M6VwC0Ci3-tbXDNyr8r3OGDEVQC2mbHwLwXY31hw9UfaYwgcT5NTthv7IVdV5g-ImqRRs-T5R7uP_03P-yjbVacro2MSdPK9IjzHfLDSiAJ8qxrAeAeSVJjHByW0YaZOWaBaYmclLVull8aXoCYJrgAnnkf5WxcHzjSHMRtCkGQSMqZiywBgkuUR9vBvqxnPHqSSDIV9OfUyu8_zF0Q2HEb7qE2eJa09E34Gzi3IqjWHCUpngtjthQBlbK80dnGvrkt10CwYcU895eAh92TzghiWlXFYv2OIU1nxVeDM92z2pkMsW31wt9qPk1vx69PSa83A3M1RNAHEfFyWe3BsRbr9_ClLarg12FYNhpwCPcHR0tDl7-Y62VZfOj5dFROiy_006Rorv66AvCwIPzGTpEkzF4pvvIXJESKKcz7goQKhhWc6Gr-cdEJ9qSP_dEq7iipgIir_BMW1Nw5IaPyOZjWBXYftXzXy0UMLD3aXv8lfMln-ZDs52GboPh=w548-h627-no

• Registered Users Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭brownian

r8p5HUmaqBotiUwF3N1LyBgf4SO_7iZRqTky8zn0Ry3kgw8dILcHR8fYoVKa1AL0YIJYhUahZ_F2Hz-Wv2ZdSX9MsA8r70qq5yLB1zVYj9XYqAZW7tYVQjmSeuSgkCStPOHaEha5DrgPjtORB50WHvNNd6DVq5xhAziZxtSqwvpj85tobxKdwX5x_O1d9BUVpPxkwzfZScdR1teCYogMq5ej1XaOYwrLWG0w10mShsz921guz-DhlDz2y-u-WfLKjCS3Kx-qsYzPbZ9T-GR0NEcxb-Bc3xNXBNYXrKTSxPw1HgQgNlloWbUZ5QUyUcjK25L_NYFcREnMXrGtaLQGH7a2hR7XAHpM1W4SvDYRJun0DtSyM6fKvKokB19lJ2L7Om7juYrafdeA-fjIBxvUlECoTs0S1cMLhfzUnlQm56uaWkUoXX6F5NtIa_zZHWQE6_PwfFiIu3md0xngSPbCIMtzlDtREe7xnKYqT-avUE0gi9p9UuDEZBm-sR-JifztVrcBwfUpGWiGNaHYD-khiPDFzBMVxzoNRp74xeQJG7_u3EWlmYFTrFsn_ZBRo__YQELsJUPvmF8EC0VNbFx33WWA2q9O1vVcfmTY_QZFra7xfjQYyRhb=w967-h1450-no

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,046 ✭✭✭✭neris

ronoc wrote: »
    dumn0aD.jpg

Foggy Glencree on saturday

How were the eggs

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭thedudeinthehat

New City Bike scheme here in Krakow. Wavelo.

Compared to Dublin Bikes- much more use of technology- phone app/ ability to reserve a bike in advance. GPS and strava like tracking. Bit pricier though!411876.jpg
    411877.jpg
    411878.jpg
    411880.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Crocked

Is that some sort of drive shaft powering it?

Crocked wrote: »

Well spotted, seems like it is. Front hub dynamo too from the looks of things. I'd say it weighs a ton.

neris wrote: »
    How were the eggs

None there :(

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭thedudeinthehat

Crocked wrote: »

Well spotted, seems like it is. Front hub dynamo too from the looks of things. I'd say it weighs a ton.

Yes I can confirm it weighs a ton!!! Tried a local cobbled climb and I was crying out for a lower gear. I'll try get some pics of the drive shaft thingy to get a better look at.
    Here is some more info about the program.

https://en.wavelo.pl

The company has schemes in several US cities, Prague too and plans to expand further.in Europe. Again seems to be a public private partnership but for now no advertising deal. Instead costs seem to be aimed at user. Works out about 4 euro.a month. When I joined Dublin bikes in year one it could have being 5 or 10 Euro for the year.
    I wonder will they get the volume of users as Dublin does as Krakow is already a bike friendly city and already workers students are riding alot of old/vintage/ city type bikes in a contained area.

411937.JPG

Mental traffic up at Glassamucky today, at one point I could swear I saw a car somewhere in the distance

411939.JPG

And as for the damn sheep walking all over the road like they own the shop. I mean do they even pay road tax Joe?

411938.JPG

(And if you can bunk off work and hit the hills this afternoon, you know you should)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭route66

SNIP ...

411938.JPG

Is that a bar-end rear-view mirror on the RHS?

I use one a "B + M Cycle Star 901/2 mirror" link

route66 wrote: »
    Is that a bar-end rear-view mirror on the RHS?

I use one a "B + M Cycle Star 901/2 mirror" link

They came as a pair so are on both sides. The prescription sunglasses I use cut off my peripheral vision a fair bit, and a turn I have to get back to my house typically involves getting across an extra lane with no lights, hence the mirrors. They're good but not great. Fine on days like today, not much use if there's any rain. How do you find the B+M one?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭route66

They came as a pair so are on both sides. The prescription sunglasses I use cut off my peripheral vision a fair bit, and a turn I have to get back to my house typically involves getting across an extra lane with no lights, hence the mirrors. They're good but not great. Fine on days like today, not much use if there's any rain. How do you find the B+M one?

I find it good. Maybe the field of vision could be bigger but then that could lead to distortion. It's also adjustable on it's ball and socket connection

Advertisement