Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photos taken on your cycle.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭Chuchote

iwillhtfu wrote: »
    Pics lads or gtfo!! ;)

Milltown Park

405186.JPG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭OleRodrigo

Chuchote - where's the bike? You could have snapped this from a car window.

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭Maidhci

OleRodrigo wrote: »
    Chuchote - wears the bike? You could have snapped this from a car window.

Can you not see it in the pool beneath the waterfall?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭Chuchote

At the stone cross a kilometre or so above Allagour, after a little bitch of a hill that someone on Strava for whom I have a world of fellow-feeling has named "Oooh, ya bastard ramp". I walked up it. I didn't go any further - the road was hellish slippy, and it's a lonely road you wouldn't want to come off on.

405251.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 5,131 ✭✭✭nilhg

Grand canal at the Tunnel just outside Edenderry this morning, the road is almost directly underneath me.

405255.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

Chuchote wrote: »
    At the stone cross a kilometre or so above Allagour, after a little bitch of a hill that someone on Strava for whom I have a world of fellow-feeling has named "Oooh, ya bastard ramp". I walked up it. I didn't go any further - the road was hellish slippy, and it's a lonely road you wouldn't want to come off on.

Emmm, that would be me :o
    When I first started trying to climb hills that was the bastard that nearly broke me. I think it was my 4th attempt before I made it to the stone cross without stopping, always went too hard too early.
    That road is a lovely stretch, climb keeps going for another 2km or so, then a fast descent down by the Army firing range and on over to the start of the Sally Gap. Well worth a spin but yeah, it's a pretty quiet road so take a bit of care.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Enduro

The road down to the Sky!

405289.jpg

(The Parador Hotel which Team Sky use as a training base is the building in the distance)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭sy

405315.JPG

Lough Ramor yesterday evening!!..didn't post correctly yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭Mercian Pro

34oyhwj.jpg

Met Eireann and YR got it badly wrong this morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,565 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

34oyhwj.jpg

Met Eireann and YR got it badly wrong this morning!

Misty that high. What was the road surface like, icy, dry, wet, slick?

• Advertisement

Roads were fine but the mist/drizzle started down in Tallaght and just got thicker the higher I went into the cloud. It lifted briefly down near Roundwood but closed in again by Enniskerry.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,767 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

up near the radio mast near fourknocks.
    405773.jpg

• Site Banned Posts: 60 ✭✭enterprise2017

ohhhh i see now wondered why people snapped their bike. You have to include that too?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,967 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

ohhhh i see now wondered why people snapped their bike. You have to include that too?
    It looks a bit more authentic with the bike in the pic.

And it should be pictured from the drive side (unlike the school boy error committed by Mercian Pro a few posts above. I'll have to have a quiet word with him on the next club ride! :))

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,767 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

maybe we could also add a street view link in case people are wondering about the exact spot; e.g. for mine above:

https://www.google.ie/maps/@53.5966113,-6.3173742,3a,60y,27.69h,85.22t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sUkQS2rOVlIkPo7i-GMvb5Q!2e0!7i13312!8i6656?hl=en

• Registered Users Posts: 11,194 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Football match in Breffni Park in Cavan today. As usual, the cycle lanes both ways were well used! This photo is a quarter of a mile away from the pitch.
    DOoZQkv.jpg

always reminds me of this:

Commented deleted and moved below

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    Football match in Breffni Park in Cavan today. As usual, the cycle lanes both ways were well used! This photo is a quarter of a mile away from the pitch.
    DOoZQkv.jpg

that drive me nuts. I mean drivers are always complaining we use the roads and then they do this????

• Registered Users Posts: 6,370 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

that drive me nuts. I mean drivers are always complaining we use the roads and then they do this????

It's a Sunday afternoon probably 500m either side of the pitch. I'd be inclined to forget about it and move on.

• Advertisement

iwillhtfu wrote: »
    It's a Sunday afternoon probably 500m either side of the pitch. I'd be inclined to forget about it and move on.

LOL that sounds like an invite to have a casual stoll on the white line :D:D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,002 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Out around St Catherine's park in Leixlip/Lucan. About the only cycling I'm getting to do these days is with the chislers.

bikes.jpg

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

And it should be pictured from the drive side (unlike the school boy error committed by Mercian Pro a few posts above. I'll have to have a quiet word with him on the next club ride! :))

24lo8r4.jpg

Fixed?

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Biopace

A misty morning...

20170107_104230_zpsismuq8m3.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,370 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

Biopace wrote: »
    A misty morning...

Looks rollable :D:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Hauki

5j30ANc.jpg

La Orotava valley in Tenerife with El Teide on the horizon.

RBnppZD.jpg

Upper bit of Caldera at the Teide national park. Some real moon landscape at 2300m.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Hauki

4Jz6xZG.jpg

Another one from Tenerife, Icod Del Alto.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

beautiful from the North and well taken photos I did it from the south, begins with 37km of non stop climbing

• Registered Users Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

Any minute now Alpecine should be ringing with that modelling contract.
    rva90l.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭twinsen

Sally gap yesterday
    70 km done, around 40 of them in rain and 4 degrees.
    I think I will wait for better weather next time :)

406466.jpg

Advertisement