Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stolen Bikes Thread - Mod Note please read post #1 before posting

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭miketv

I recommend http://www.bikeshepherd.org/ as a piece of mind for €10. May not stop the bike getting nicked but certainly helps to find it.
    Thanks to poster "Unregistered" for the infor day 1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 461 ✭✭NeilMcEoigheann

Hey,
    My cousin had his bikes nicked from a locked garage in Limerick.
    If anyone sees any of these bikes been flogged somewhere can you give me a call on <snip>
    Cheers,
    N
    299401_10150417680966908_619501907_10452874_187581167_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭davey101

Folks could you keep an eye out for a Focus first full suspension MTB stolen from ALDI carpark in Tallaght this evening 15/10. It was taken from the back of a van in the carpark.
    Very similar to this
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/37862536/focus.jpg

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Side Show Bob

Please be on the look out for the following 3 bikes stolen today from our shed at Grangerath, Drogheda near the Southgate Shopping Centre.

1) Lapierre Technic RS hard-tail MTB, grey in colour, 20 inch
    2) Giant Kids MTB red & white with white tyres
    3) Diamondback BMX from halfords wine in colour

Please let me know if anyone comes across any of the above,

Thanks
    SSB.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,165 ✭✭✭✭ED E

How did I forget to post this here.

Old unreliable was stolen a few weeks ago, her replacement is in the hands of Parcelforce right now but I'd still love to recover her(slim odds I know). Have to say I was pleasantly surprised how much effort An Garda Siochana appeared to make, I thought I'd report it and hear nothing after that, but they did try to track it down.

Stolen from Aaron Quay, old Holdsworth frame that I've messed about with. Friend thinks he spotted it around so maybe its still out there. If people could keep eyes peeled I'd be much obliged.

178147.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 kevrower

A limited edition Colnago Ferrari C2F mountain bike was stolen from Cyclelogical in Dublin sometime between 1pm saturday 15/10/11 and 11.30am Monday 17/10/11, don't open on Sundays. The bike is very unique as there were very few of them made and i would be fairly positive its the only one in the country. Its nearing 10 years old at this stage but had mainly XTR M950 on it with the last series of four piston XT brakes. Below is an exact picture of the bike with the correct spec. The full retail price on this bike is €9000 so if you guys could keep an eye out on the street and online it would be much appreciated. If you have any info please contact the shop on 01 - 8724678 or store street garda station on 01 - 666 8000.

http://www.luxurylaunches.com/transport/the_colnago_ferrari_c2f_mountain_bike_is_a_cool_bike.php
    185_1.jpg
    Thanks,
    Kev

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

kevrower wrote: »
    A limited edition Colnago Ferrari C2F mountain bike was stolen from Cyclelogical in Dublin sometime between 1pm saturday 15/10/11 and 11.30am Monday 17/10/11, don't open on Sundays. The bike is very unique as there were very few of them made and i would be fairly positive its the only one in the country. Its nearing 10 years old at this stage but had mainly XTR M950 on it with the last series of four piston XT brakes. Below is an exact picture of the bike with the correct spec. The full retail price on this bike is €9000 so if you guys could keep an eye out on the street and online it would be much appreciated. If you have any info please contact the shop on 01 - 8724678 or store street garda station on 01 - 666 8000.

http://www.luxurylaunches.com/transport/the_colnago_ferrari_c2f_mountain_bike_is_a_cool_bike.php

Thanks,
    Kev

9000? Ouch, who is robbing who again?

Seriously, hope you guys get it back, but I'm guessing whoever stole it will try and sell it somewhere far, far away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

It was stolen during opening hours ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,820 ✭✭✭fat bloke

Sure look. Ferrari put their name on a plastic keyring and all of a sudden it's worth 35 quid:rolleyes:

Still. Hard luck OP, that's a kick in the nads. Only plus is that there probably isn't a more distinctive bike in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭GTDolanator

was this the only bike stolen in the break in?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

Seen it in the shop alright. Very hard to miss, will keep an eye out.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Oldlegs

A limited edition Colnago Ferrari C2F mountain bike was stolen from Cyclelogical in Dublin sometime between 1pm saturday 15/10/11 and 11.30am Monday 17/10/11, don't open on Sundays. .....
    The full retail price on this bike is €9000 ...

As with other posts about stolen bikes, question of where/how/ etc usually posed. How was the bike stolen and how did it take so long to spot a €9k bike missing from the shop floor ? - Or maybe I am just being too curious.

Hopefully the bike will be too difficult to dispose of, but it may have already left the country in the back of a truck :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

How was it locked, and to what? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭Holyboy

Im offered bikes pretty much every day, I always give a flat 'i dont buy bikes for cash' answer but im going to give a maybe answer in the next few days as they always come in without the bike first, just in case it happens to come my way, you never know!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 kevrower

The Colnago was returned to the shop today safe and sound! thanks for all the help publicizing it.

Kev

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 skew4

Yet another one. Poorly locked underground parking; bad idea. Note: the actual colors are blue and grey.

Cabra Garda was extremely nice and helpful BTW

178905.jpeg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 ktwcustard

Stolen - Outside Bluebell Post Office dublin 12 at about 6.20pm on Friday the 14th of October. It was locked to a railing.

I was in the pharmacy waiting for medication to be dispenced I think I was there for at most 5 minutes.

I'd like my bike back but failing that I might be happy with the head of the arsehole who nicked it on a plate.

Please let me know if any one has any information regarding its were abouts.

<snip>
    Thanks

100-7x4xcx1w750371.jpg photo1-velo-lapierre-road-cruise-rcr-100-7x4xcx1w750371.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭p15574

ktwcustard wrote: »

Frame number: abcdefg

I could be wrong, but isn't it a bad idea advertising the frame number? Wouldn't this be your 'proof of ownership' if it's recovered by the Gardaí?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 ktwcustard

Hey I wouldn't have thought so since I have already reported it with the frame number under my name and I have the reciept for it. but I've removed it just in case - Cheers

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,477 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

ktwcustard wrote: »
    Hey I wouldn't have thought so since I have already reported it with the frame number under my name and I have the reciept for it. but I've removed it just in case - Cheers

A good idea to make sure the shop have a record linking your name to the frame number, just to get that added bit of assurance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭doc1976

CramCycle wrote: »
    A good idea to make sure the shop have a record linking your name to the frame number, just to get that added bit of assurance.

I was told by the lbs I got mine from that serial numbers are irrelevant as the bikes are produced from a batch and will all have the same serial batch number.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

doc1976 wrote: »
    I was told by the lbs I got mine from that serial numbers are irrelevant as the bikes are produced from a batch and will all have the same serial batch number.

Either way thats a loada ****e.

doc1976 wrote: »

My advice was so that if it came down to an argument with the scummer in front of the Gardai, you could suggest that the Garda talk to your bike shop, they will give you the frame number and confirm I bought this bike with that number, I imagine the scummer would be hard pressed to name the bike shop he "bought" it in let alone provide paperwork and a witness off the top of his head.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,013 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

CramCycle wrote: »
    My advice was so that if it came down to an argument with the scummer in front of the Gardai, you could suggest that the Garda talk to your bike shop, they will give you the frame number and confirm I bought this bike with that number, I imagine the scummer would be hard pressed to name the bike shop he "bought" it in let alone provide paperwork and a witness off the top of his head.

In my experience of the Gardai there is never a need to win a debating competition with a scummer. Guards have a bullshít sense finely honed by years of experience.

Lumen wrote: »
    In my experience of the Gardai there is never a need to win a debating competition with a scummer. Guards have a bullshít sense finely honed by years of experience.

And generally your right, but you have some scummers with a surprising way with words, it doesn't do any harm either way, I'm sure there are scummers out there who aren't immediately recognisable (look at the state of the country) until its identified what they have done wrong.

More of a back up, no harm if you see your bike locked up, you can reclaim it by some means, and give proof of ownership if requested by the Gardai. Just a back up, never any harm.

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭fran oconnor

some bastard robbed my mountain bike out of the back of my van last night, its a black canyon yellowstone only had it about 6 months. It looks like this but the writing is in yellow http://www.canyon.com/mountainbikes/bike.html?b=2537 .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

The Colnago was returned to the shop today safe and sound! thanks for all the help publicizing it.

Kev
    Sounds like an inside job (prank) :p

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭The Duke of Moral Hazard

My Cube SL Cross Pro bike was robbed from my work place recently on Serpintine rd, 03/11/11. I arrived in work at 8:30 and when left the office the lock had been cut. The bike was not in plain sight, so I have the feeling that somebody must have caught sight of me commuting and cased the premises.

I'm totally stuck for getting to work without it because Dublin bus are a joke for getting anywhere around the city bar the city centre.

If anybody has any info there's a reward for the bikes recovery.

Picture below:

1fc1c1c2db5852e08ffc380475e2633641ba7db6e6ffeb730175d6f50542d9e2.jpg

The bike has had race-blade mud guards and a back carrier added since this photo was taken.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭doc1976

My Cube SL Cross Pro bike was robbed from my work place recently on Serpintine rd, 03/11/11. I arrived in work at 8:30 and when left the office the lock had been cut. The bike was not in plain sight, so I have the feeling that somebody must have caught sight of me commuting and cased the premises.

I'm totally stuck for getting to work without it because Dublin bus are a joke for getting anywhere around the city bar the city centre.

If anybody has any info there's a reward for the bikes recovery.

Picture below:

1fc1c1c2db5852e08ffc380475e2633641ba7db6e6ffeb730175d6f50542d9e2.jpg

The bike has had race-blade mud guards and a back carrier added since this photo was taken.

Thanks.

There was a mention on here before about stolen bikes ending up in the Northumberland St Market. Don't know when it's on but could be worth a look

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Whitehawk

Dose anyone every get there bike back?

Advertisement