Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TUF 13: Team Lesnar vs. Team dos Santos Decision Thread **SPOILERS**

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,166 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Yeah man he won! 20-18.

Junior feigned surprise lol

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Yeah, I dunno how you can expect to win a fight without hitting someone. On the other hand Shamar deffo won the Ultimate Hugging Championships.... :eek:

Chris hit like a big girl too. I'll lay odds he doesnt get further. I'd probably take a bet he doesnt make it another round depending on who he fights (anyone who can catch up with him while he back-pedals :) )

DeV.

This is perhaps true. I was very glad though. Not because I had a desire to see Chris win, but I couldnt stand the thought of a guy winning by being a blanket, which he did in his first fight. It's frustrating as hell to watch!

It also shows the program's decreased/decreasing relevance to act as a pool for emerging MMA talent. I think TUF needs a boost. I think it perhaps needs another "The Comeback" series. Get a few personalities in there living with a few bonafide UFC vets and see what happens!

This season has been nothing short of dire!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Fall_Guy

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    As much as I wanted chris to win I would have given the decision to shamar based on control and aggression.All chris did was defend the takedown although he probably did the most damage

While he may have been coming forward more, how could you give him scores for control when he was unable to bring the fight where he wanted it to be. He wasn't putting Chris up against the cage and using dirty boxing to punish him, he was putting him up against the cage with a view to taking him down. And he couldn't. That wouldn't constitute control for me.

Chris wasn't a whole lot better mind you, but he landed more strikes and was able to keep the fight where he wanted it: on the feet.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

I stand corrected........ Said the man in the orthopedic shoes.

• Advertisement

Absolutely brilliant episode. Best one of the season. Both fights were awesome. Fair play to Team Lesnar.
    Tony came across as a right prick near the end though I hope Chuck KTFO's him but I don't think it's gonna happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭Burkatron

Absolutely brilliant episode. Best one of the season. Both fights were awesome. Fair play to Team Lesnar.
    Tony came across as a right prick near the end though I hope Chuck KTFO's him but I don't think it's gonna happen.

Spoiler tags for people who haven't seen it!!??

Just watched it myself! Both fights were unbelievable!
    Gutted for Zach, retired at 27 (I think)?? Thats harsh, I can't believe he didn't get Ko'd with some of the shots he took, iron chin!
    The less said about Tony the better, what a dick!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Oh_Noes

Fairly savage episode last night, you can't help but feel bad for Zach Davis after having his career ended like that. Fairly sad stuff but he seemed to take it surprisingly well.

The thing at the end was also fairly crazy, I wonder if Tony had any basis for saying "hit me instead of your kid!" The other housemates all turned on Tony very quickly and at least now there's no conflict of interest in the Lesnar team for that semi final, everyone seems to want Chuck to get him. Though I'm not sure how likely that is after what Tony did in his fight, he must have a fair bit of power in his hands.

Really looking forward to next week now :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

For the first time in a while I'm really looking forward to next weeks fight.
    Chuck FTW

Burkatron wrote: »
    Spoiler tags for people who haven't seen it!!??

Well it says it in the title :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭evil_seed

Talk about 2 ends of the spectrum. Feeling very sorry for Zach, and then you have that prick Tony

2 great fights and can't wait for next weeks fights

• Registered Users Posts: 12,433 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Best episode of the season!
    Feel really bad for Zach. Sad way to end your career.
    I knew all along its been shaping up to be a Ramsey v Tony final. I really hope Chuck knocks Tony out but I just can't see it happening. But if he doesnt then I hope Ramsey chokes him till his eyes pop in the finale! :D
    What a dickhead though, he deserves to be knocked out for that. I dunno how Charlie didn't knock him out for saying that shít.
    Dana said he's a big Chuck fan now so even if he loses the next fight I wouldn't be surprised to see him make an appearance in the UFC sometime in the future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭Mr. Loverman

I absolutely hate scum like Tony. I hope he gets knocked out, loses control of his arse muscles, and ****s all over himself.

Best episode of the entire season (which isnt saying much but anyway.......)

the first fight was a classic! Such a good fight, 2 really tough guys not afraid to let it all hang out!

Tony was completely out of order and this is the first time i'm actually anticipating an episode this season! Should be fun to see the reactions and i'll be really behind Chuck to beat his scummy ass!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

Ramsey / Chris is interesting because of Chris's ability to stop Shamar's takedowns.

If Chuck can survive the early parts of the fight I believe he will beat Tony + he has all the house routing for him in the fight.

If Tony loses expect him and Charlie to fight in the Finale. That fight has practically promoted itself.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

What a weird episode. I thought something was up when they went straight into the first fight with almost no buildup.

Gotta say, I'm a Chuck fan too. He has big holes in his game though, particularly on the ground but his takedown defence seemed pretty solid! You could hear his coachs getting worried when he went to the ground even on top in guard! And they were right, the only time Zac looked good was on the ground (when he did look dangerous!). I didnt think much of his standup defence (regularly dropped his hands which surely should be unthinkable at his level... )

Tony was a dick. If Charlie lost his kid cos he hit him... he's a dick too.

I hope Chuck knocks him the f*ck out anyway :)

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Bodhidharma

Someone said Tony said "hit me instead of your kid", I actually thought he said "hit me and see your kid", as in, if you hit me you'll be able to see your kid because you'll be booted out of the house. Either way he's a p***k.

I think the way its edited it looks like Chuck is being portrayed as a Forrest Griffin type, which is obviously good news for him.

Personally I want Ramsey to win. Funniest moment of the season was when Brock saw Ramsey's painted toenails.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Wow what a fight between Chris and Ramsey,
    Ramsey looked like like really wanted it from the off , well deserved win

Didn't get to see the 2nd fight yet.

So how come those fights were three round fights?

I thought they had to be official professional bouts for that. Anyone know what the story is?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Jesus, that was an awful 2nd fight. Tony battered Chuck.

• Advertisement

Oh_Noes wrote: »
    So how come those fights were three round fights?

I thought they had to be official professional bouts for that. Anyone know what the story is?

I take it is because the fighters don't have to fight again for the next few months.

Ramsey looked decent, nice to see how he was in the striking department.

Chris's takedown defence is very impressive, only taken down once. Going to be hard to takedown. Won't need it in the Finale against Chuck though.

Chuck couldn't deal with Tony and was picked apart and eventually stopped

Tony was impressive in his victory and showed he is a good fighter. Have my doubts about him though, if he goes on to win the season.

Ramsey vs Tony really is an excellent final seeing as how they're from opposing teams and they both destroyed their opponents on the way there. It was fitting too that the semi finals have been their biggest tests to date.

I was impressed with Ramsey's striking too but Tony is so technical, Ramsey really will need a takedown to win the fight. It will be interesting to see if Tony has any kind of takedown defense, all we've seen from him thus far is first round knockouts and a very technical striking display. Very fun event on Saturday, the Chuck vs Chris fight should be a decent one too.

Great season of TUF :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

I've avoided this thread so far so don't know what it's been like, is the series worth watching? Have it all recorded but won't bother watching if it's been poor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

I've avoided this thread so far so don't know what it's been like, is the series worth watching? Have it all recorded but won't bother watching if it's been poor.

Watch the fights there have been a few good ones, over all though the series was poo. If you watch the finale and didn't know any of the fighters it would make no odds really.

I liked this series, more focused on fights by and large. Chuck was horrible against Tony but I did say (just above) that he had holes in his game.

Chuck has been pretty horrible on the ground but Tony wanted absolutely none of that, even from Chuck. I think Ramsey will take him down and choke him out. Thats my prediction but its MMA so *shrug*...

Chuck will kill Chris, who is horrible but has better cardio then anyone else by the looks of it.

Wooo.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭themandan6611

tony's a beast, clinical display against Chuck, will depend it Ramsay trys to trade or goes for takedown.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Tony hard a bit of trouble with that wrestler in his first fight. If Ramsay can get close I think he should be able to beat him.

If he wants to stand and trade, Tony all day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭fightireland

Lads I just posted vids of Ramsey and Tony before they were on TUF on the thread for "MMA News from other sites" here:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055878235&page=7

Worth a look ahead of tomorrow

• Advertisement
Advertisement